Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485872 times)

bASS_BLASTER

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1920 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:30 AM »
blahblah, which 2 cycle oil are you using?

I'm planning to pick up 3 gallons of Mercury Optimax DFI 2 Cycle oil today.

PP & Talon, I agree. Its not just for tournament guys. I can see myself using this when taking my wife and kids out. Would love to have one but season's not even here and I already spent over $1K on Misc stuff

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:50:26 AM by bASS_BLASTER »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

q

« Reply #1921 on: April 21, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »
it saves TM life.  mainly for someone that doesn't run 101's.  It holds your position well fishing in any shallow situation.  Its a great tool. 

and it isn't just for tournament guys  O0
very nice O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1922 on: April 21, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »
You don't want to use what I use.   ;D

10bucks a gallon at Wallyworld  O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1923 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:42 AM »
hmm? Yeah, don't want to void my warranty.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1924 on: April 21, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »
hmm? Yeah, don't want to void my warranty.

yeah thats right!  ;D  Run Quicksilver oil.  Quicksilver=Mercury 

Photocycle

« Reply #1925 on: April 21, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
What do you use right now Will?

I use the 10-15 dollar oil at Fleetfarm... i before that I used the $10 walmart TC3 marine oil... because that's all the owner used in the past 10 years... lol. Engine still runs strong... I do need to do a compression test. I've always thought that was something that you'd have to take into the shop for. Just gotta find someone with the compression test tool. hehe.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1926 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »
Json, I use walmart tc3.  i think its like 12bucks a gallon now.   :) I burn waaay too much oil and gas.  I can't justify spending 25-40bucks just for a gallon of oil. (the sweet smell of two stroke is cologne to me)  I go through 6-8 gallons of oil a season. 

Dude, ask your buddies that are still into RICING....if you have any.  They always have tools!  ;D  I'd lend you  mine but I don't own one.   

Photocycle

« Reply #1927 on: April 21, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
Yeah I'll ask around this weekend.

q

« Reply #1928 on: April 21, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »
If you ain't losing any power or speed, chances are, your compression is good to go. Lack of lubing is what blows powerheads. Keep it well lubed and you golden. You motor should have an adj to increase or decrease amount of oil it uses.

Photocycle

« Reply #1929 on: April 21, 2011, 02:15:41 PM »
Will and Blast... you guys doing the Tonka qualifier tourney in 2 weeks?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1930 on: April 21, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »
Will and Blast... you guys doing the Tonka qualifier tourney in 2 weeks?

saving my lu and ducers for another time   ;D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1931 on: April 21, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
Pool 4 = pass

Gonna try and make it to Menomin though!

Photocycle

« Reply #1932 on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »
I might pass too.... damn...

Will, you seem to do pretty ok on there... why the decision to pass? Is your risk seriously that high when you go there? (risk to losing ducer or LU)...

man.. you must plane through everything and run ur trolling motor through stump fields lol...

blablablablabla

« Reply #1933 on: April 21, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I love fishing pepin.  But man some of these spots I run to, its pucker up, trim it high and WOT that sucker.  Yeah i've busted a few ducers,  hit a few stumps and rock, trees n everything, blew a motor.  ::)   The place is hazardous, but bro it is rewarding ashell!!!  O0  There is one area that I plan on fishing if I fished it this year.  I need a hotfoot and two hands on wheel.  3 different turns on sand bars all within a 1/4 mile. (sharp sharp turns, oh and theres a chute too, its wide enough for a boat)  Its a open n close dam.   Ive been through it once as a passenger not in my boat.  and there is lots n lots of stump fields there.  Its sum fun fishing down there because you can bag 30lbs today and 10 tomorrow. It could take 25 lbs to win, but someone might bring in another 5lbs on top of that.  There are some impressive fish down there, thats for sure.  O0

;)

Photocycle

« Reply #1934 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I love fishing pepin.  But man some of these spots I run to, its pucker up, trim it high and WOT that sucker.  Yeah i've busted a few ducers,  hit a few stumps and rock, trees n everything, blew a motor.  ::)   The place is hazardous, but bro it is rewarding ashell!!!  O0  There is one area that I plan on fishing if I fished it this year.  I need a hotfoot and two hands on wheel.  3 different turns on sand bars all within a 1/4 mile. (sharp sharp turns, oh and theres a chute too, its wide enough for a boat)  Its a open n close dam.   Ive been through it once as a passenger not in my boat.  and there is lots n lots of stump fields there.  Its sum fun fishing down there because you can bag 30lbs today and 10 tomorrow. It could take 25 lbs to win, but someone might bring in another 5lbs on top of that.  There are some impressive fish down there, thats for sure.  O0
 ;)

omfg... i guess i haven't ventured far enough yet to find treasure like you guys. lol... making me curious... i do want to go back *sigh*... if I don't do the tourney, I might consider just going down to practice.

Advertisements