Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485867 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1935 on: April 21, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »
 ;D

its a great place!  The places i've duck hunted down there i've seen bassboats get in there.  Whats funny is to get there you have to pushpole and risk losing a lower unit.  It always seems to amaze me how some of these 20+footers get back there.  Well i guess when your doing 70 on pad you'll probably not hit that big stump.  :)  Practice would be fun down there.   O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #1936 on: April 21, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Let me know if you want to go!  O0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1937 on: April 21, 2011, 03:53:24 PM »
note to all: Don't try to get back in those areas with a big deep v. LOL I got stuck for like 2 hours on a sand/mud flat and didn't have a push pole. we rocked the boat for like 2 hours. LOL

blablablablabla

« Reply #1938 on: April 21, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
note to all: Don't try to get back in those areas with a big deep v. LOL I got stuck for like 2 hours on a sand/mud flat and didn't have a push pole. we rocked the boat for like 2 hours. LOL

DING DING DING!! Looks like we've got a winner!  :2funny:

blablablablabla

« Reply #1939 on: April 21, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
Let me know if you want to go!  O0

O0

my neighbor introduced me to a few spots.  when we ran through there, i swear it was like 1 foot or less.  Sitting in the passenger seat of his skeeter I could feel the sand blasting his prop.  O0  Yup!  Oh,  and I could touch the shoreline if I extended my arm with half my body out the side of the boat.   O0  Yup!  But I guess that's why we have insurance  O0

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:14:33 PM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #1940 on: April 21, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
*sigh* this is why a hydraulic jackplate would help a ton!

ricqik

« Reply #1941 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Json, I use walmart tc3.  i think its like 12bucks a gallon now.   :) I burn waaay too much oil and gas.  I can't justify spending 25-40bucks just for a gallon of oil. (the sweet smell of two stroke is cologne to me)  I go through 6-8 gallons of oil a season. 

Dude, ask your buddies that are still into RICING....if you have any.  They always have tools!  ;D  I'd lend you  mine but I don't own one.   
hey, I use that too, speech twc3.

Running in backwater down in pool 4 gives me the goose bumps, but is rewarding.

I've got a talon but gonna take my time installing it to make it professional looking.

I'm not fishing peters open, but I am fishing the wi central bass tourney in Wausau the wknd after.

But good luck to u guys if ure fishing peters open. Hope u guys nick him out of the money.

Photocycle

« Reply #1942 on: April 21, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
lol welcome back Riq!!!

blablablablabla

« Reply #1943 on: April 22, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »
lol welcome back Riq!!!

:o
hey, I use that too, speech twc3.

Running in backwater down in pool 4 gives me the goose bumps, but is rewarding.

I've got a talon but gonna take my time installing it to make it professional looking.

I'm not fishing peters open, but I am fishing the wi central bass tourney in Wausau the wknd after.

But good luck to u guys if ure fishing peters open. Hope u guys nick him out of the money.

Rick, the only way to get him out the money is to have you there..... O0  ;D
*sigh* this is why a hydraulic jackplate would help a ton!

even that won't help.....a stump is a stump a deadhead is a deadhead

Photocycle

« Reply #1944 on: April 22, 2011, 07:44:11 AM »
even that won't help.....a stump is a stump a deadhead is a deadhead

Of course... but with the hydraulic jackplate, u can go on plane so much faster and the rear doesn't have to dip down and dig into dirt/sand during take off. Just keep the motor high and just floor the pedal... that's what the mica's were doing in the back waters the first year my bro and I fished Wabasha.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1945 on: April 22, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
Yup even with one, the chance of hitting stumps is like 50/50.   ;D i'd like to get a hyd plate, on my next boat for sure  O0  The best way to run would be a hydro plate with a aluminum prop.  O0

basside

« Reply #1946 on: April 22, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
Photo, this is Blaster, forgot my psswd. I'm not going to fish Pepin. I know a few spots but still, I'm un-experienced with the backwaters and that area. Don't want to lose a prop, worst of all, my lower unit.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1947 on: April 22, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
You know...if you guys would just stay and fish the marina you wouldn't have to worry about your lower units etc.... :2funny:

basside

« Reply #1948 on: April 22, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
You know...if you guys would just stay and fish the marina you wouldn't have to worry about your lower units etc.... :2funny:

;D

Photocycle

« Reply #1949 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:12 AM »
Are you all doing Lake Menomin then? Anyone gonna pre-fish? I'm probably just going to wing it. Looks like a fun lake.

Anyone been there before?

Advertisements