Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485813 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1965 on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
^I went to Tonka on Saturday but didn't have enough gas to venture around - mainly just wanted to idle around in Grays bay and made sure SI/DI on my 997 is fixed (which it is now). We couldn't find any active fish in that bay but we did find some empty beds...   >:D

Boom is open on St Croix. No wake rule is still in effect. Water level still pretty high. -No dock setup at launch yet.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

basside

« Reply #1966 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »
^I went to Tonka on Saturday but didn't have enough gas to venture around - mainly just wanted to idle around in Grays bay and made sure SI/DI on my 997 is fixed (which it is now). We couldn't find any active fish in that bay but we did find some empty beds...   >:D

Boom is open on St Croix. No wake rule is still in effect. Water level still pretty high. -No dock setup at launch yet.

Thanks. I don't have keelguard or keelsheild yet so I like to wait until they put up the docks.

Photocycle

« Reply #1967 on: April 25, 2011, 11:41:15 AM »

Thanks. I don't have keelguard or keelsheild yet so I like to wait until they put up the docks.

Hurry up with the keel guard... it's a good investment! Takes only 30 mins or so to install. make sure it's a warm sunny day.  O0

basside

« Reply #1968 on: April 25, 2011, 11:45:28 AM »
Hurry up with the keel guard... it's a good investment! Takes only 30 mins or so to install. make sure it's a warm sunny day.  O0

LOL.. I was planning to blast the heat in my garage but even that, I don't know if I get get it to their required temperature (70 degrees).

For sure I'll get out on the river this weekend. If weather permits, I'll be out there on Sunday.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:56:41 AM by basside »

basside

« Reply #1969 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
yeah thats right!  ;D  Run Quicksilver oil.  Quicksilver=Mercury 

Went to Wal-mart over the weekend. Mercury don't make oil but uses Quicksilver blend and does not recommend DFI 2-cycle blend for the Pro XS motors so I bought 3 gallons of the Quicksilver Synthetic blend. . Thanks man! I didn't even know wal-mart carry most marine needs.

Photocycle

« Reply #1970 on: April 25, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
Went to Wal-mart over the weekend. Mercury don't make oil but uses Quicksilver blend and does not recommend DFI 2-cycle blend for the Pro XS motors so I bought 3 gallons of the Quicksilver Synthetic blend. . Thanks man! I didn't even know wal-mart carry most marine needs.

Arent those like $30 bucks each?

basside

« Reply #1971 on: April 25, 2011, 03:01:47 PM »
Arent those like $30 bucks each?

Yes! As much as I would like to buy $10-15 per gallons, recommendation for the pro xs is Quicksilver Premium. They're $27 each.

I saw your photos! I envy you for being out on the lake on such a nice day.

basside

« Reply #1972 on: April 25, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
$30 > Boat with blown motor staring at you

Fly, couldn't you just do an insurance claim?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1973 on: April 26, 2011, 06:31:37 AM »
Will, how did the remainder of the Sunday go?

the rest of sunday sucked  :)

blablablablabla

« Reply #1974 on: April 26, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »

QuickSilver is made by Merc.  They offer Premium Plus, Synthetic blend and etc.  Premium Plus if memory serves me right can be ran in DFI motors. 

and yes, no wake still in effect on the entire stretch of the river.  Any time water is above 683ft its no wake.  Good Luck out there!  O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1975 on: April 26, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
LOL.. I was planning to blast the heat in my garage but even that, I don't know if I get get it to their required temperature (70 degrees).

For sure I'll get out on the river this weekend. If weather permits, I'll be out there on Sunday.

blaster on a warm day, park your boat in your driveway.  Let the blacktop heatup so it will reflect to your hull, that will heat up your hull.  Stick on your choice of keelgaurd.  I like the hambys but its so damn expensive!!!!   O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1976 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:20 AM »

blablablablabla

« Reply #1977 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:56 AM »
Will, this is the mount you have for your 997 correct?

http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ELLRAMSRAMD111UC&click=12

O0  good find!!!! YUP!  That bish don't move!!!  well atleast not yet.  ;D

I have a feeling RAM is coming out with a new product line because these have been on clearance along with other in their lineup.  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1978 on: April 26, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »
Nice... just ordered two.  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1979 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
Will, when r we gonna hit back waters like this? LOL (boat was a zx225 like mine)

Advertisements