Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485837 times)

Gym -E- Lamm

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2175 on: May 13, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
You just going out for one day? Or you staying the night and fishing Sunday too?

Good luck out there. Let us know how it goes.

I wanted to stay the night at a campground but it's gonna be freaking cold so we are just going for the day. Will be out there from sunup till sundown...rain, wind, sun...whatever . Will let you guys know how it went...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #2176 on: May 13, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »
I'll check Jimmy's website...

WTF You have all the tools to remove your engine/jackplate? holy chit! So are you going to be doing Menomin with us then?

I don't have the tools but I have access to a bit of everything.  O0  I'm trying to get everything done so I can run with you guys on Menomin  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #2177 on: May 13, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
I don't have the tools but I have access to a bit of everything.  O0  I'm trying to get everything done so I can run with you guys on Menomin  O0

You mean so you can donate with us on Menomin!  8)

blablablablabla

« Reply #2178 on: May 13, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

You mean so you can donate with us on Menomin!  8)

O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #2179 on: May 13, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »
Have fun out on Menomin if anyone is venturing out there.  Becareful and don't ruin anything like me.  O0 

remember, Bass is open in WI.........if you get bored hop over the border, lots of good little lakes with no pressure.  O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #2180 on: May 13, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »
Mine was a non-refundable, non-returnable birthday gift.

Lies!!! All LIES!!!!!  I am peasant status with my 10horsepower bassboat  :(

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2181 on: May 13, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
Lies!!! All LIES!!!!!  I am peasant status with my 10horsepower bassboat  :(

All true. My pockets isn't deeper than any of yours and my wallet is always light. Hell, I don't even get breakfast in the mornings.  :-[

Good luck in meno this weekend for those going. And may the boat and bass gods be with you to protect your hull, lower units and props and help funnel those big mama's into your livewell.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:08:09 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

blablablablabla

« Reply #2182 on: May 16, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »
Anyone running US2???  :)

Photocycle

« Reply #2183 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »
Anyone running US2???  :)

I use to before I got the quadbeam transducer for my old 787c2. Not using US2 on my trolling motor right now. Wish it had built in SI for the SI Units.

thaosistah

« Reply #2184 on: May 16, 2011, 08:40:33 AM »
I have a question for you guys.....how much do you spend each season preparing for it and during it?  It seems kind of like a rather expensive hobby at times.  No?   ???

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2185 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »
Saturday's Report for Menomin:

Wow! What a tough day! First of, what a shitty ass day to go out! raining, Cold, Windy!!! Talk about a miserable day!

Got to the lake at 7:00am sharp. Enosey was just putting in and Dan showed up right behind us. This lake is tough! Talk about no kind of grass. I couldn't find any kind of Grass! Found some areas with Cabbage. No Docks whatsoever. Some parts of the lake it was shoreline then a 5 - 6 foot drop with mud or it was shoreline then 1ft of water for like 300 yards with no kind of vegitation just mud. This lake reminds me of Pelican in Albertville minus the big fish. Shallow and then more shallow.

We caught about 15 total fish. with 4 of those being keepers (14inch minimum) and one being a 3lber. No pattern found. All junk fishing. We basically threw everything including the kitchen sink at em! Caught a lot of short fish and a few pikes. The lake is going to fish smaller than it already is. I think guys will be fishing over each other and after each other. The areas I think hold fish will be loaded up with boats. We basically idled around the lake for a long time just getting a feel for the lake so I know where I can run and I know where I can't. Also went up river and hit a stump. Point came out of nowhere. Luckily we were just idleing. Also got stuck up the river in a backwater area. It went from 3 ft to 6inches. Imaging 2 fat guys rocking the boat with the trolling motor pulled up as high as it could to just barely catch water and then having to get out anyways to push. LOL

If weather stays like its supposed to this week. My predictions for winning weight will be 16.5lbs. It will come down to who has that 1 or 2 kicker fish.

We found 2 areas that we will fish hard for Pre and post spawn bass but I am sure others will be fishing these areas too.

I would tell you what we caught em with but I actually think the baits we used will work again this Saturday so I can't. LOL

I really wish i could take a day off and  go again this week but I can't so come saturday I'm sure everything will ahve changed.

Photocycle

« Reply #2186 on: May 16, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
I have a question for you guys.....how much do you spend each season preparing for it and during it?  It seems kind of like a rather expensive hobby at times.  No?   ???

for the whole thing, I'd say anywhere from $2k to $6k+ (depending on if you add more expensive toys to your arsenal or not)... and that probably doesn't include boat payments.  ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #2187 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Thanks for the update Jimmy.... gonna be a slug-fest out there Saturday. Hopefully my bro and I can get out early on Friday and idle around the lake... I'm guessing you guys used roostertails to catch those fish. Your secret is safe with me lol  ;D

Imagine 2 fat guys rocking the boat with the trolling motor pulled up as high as it could to just barely catch water and then having to get out anyways to push. LOL

LOL almost had my drink coming out of my nose...  :2funny:

thaosistah

« Reply #2188 on: May 16, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
for the whole thing, I'd say anywhere from $2k to $6k+ (depending on if you add more expensive toys to your arsenal or not)... and that probably doesn't include boat payments.  ;D

:o   :o  :o

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2189 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:28 AM »
Saturday's Report for Menomin:

Wow! What a tough day! First of, what a shitty ass day to go out! raining, Cold, Windy!!! Talk about a miserable day!

Got to the lake at 7:00am sharp. Enosey was just putting in and Dan showed up right behind us. This lake is tough! Talk about no kind of grass. I couldn't find any kind of Grass! Found some areas with Cabbage. No Docks whatsoever. Some parts of the lake it was shoreline then a 5 - 6 foot drop with mud or it was shoreline then 1ft of water for like 300 yards with no kind of vegitation just mud. This lake reminds me of Pelican in Albertville minus the big fish. Shallow and then more shallow.

We caught about 15 total fish. with 4 of those being keepers (14inch minimum) and one being a 3lber. No pattern found. All junk fishing. We basically threw everything including the kitchen sink at em! Caught a lot of short fish and a few pikes. The lake is going to fish smaller than it already is. I think guys will be fishing over each other and after each other. The areas I think hold fish will be loaded up with boats. We basically idled around the lake for a long time just getting a feel for the lake so I know where I can run and I know where I can't. Also went up river and hit a stump. Point came out of nowhere. Luckily we were just idleing. Also got stuck up the river in a backwater area. It went from 3 ft to 6inches. Imaging 2 fat guys rocking the boat with the trolling motor pulled up as high as it could to just barely catch water and then having to get out anyways to push. LOL

If weather stays like its supposed to this week. My predictions for winning weight will be 16.5lbs. It will come down to who has that 1 or 2 kicker fish.

We found 2 areas that we will fish hard for Pre and post spawn bass but I am sure others will be fishing these areas too.

I would tell you what we caught em with but I actually think the baits we used will work again this Saturday so I can't. LOL

I really wish i could take a day off and  go again this week but I can't so come saturday I'm sure everything will ahve changed.

Wow! Hopefully you guys will get a good draw to get your spot.

Advertisements