Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485836 times)

bumzc

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2295 on: May 23, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »
Khang bro did it again..  O0

We bombed big time at this tourney  :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bumzc

« Reply #2296 on: May 23, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
Jimmy and I couldn't find a pattern to save our life. We caught 2 keepers in 8 hours.

what pattern did you guys find and use?

Photocycle

« Reply #2297 on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:01 AM »
Jimmy and I couldn't find a pattern to save our life. We caught 2 keepers in 8 hours.

what pattern did you guys find and use?

Hopefully the money placers will add their input.

http://discussion.hmongbassclub.com/User/Discussion.aspx?id=291618

bumzc

« Reply #2298 on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
Nice, hopefully someone will say something.

Photocycle

« Reply #2299 on: May 23, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
Nice, hopefully someone will say something.

It'll most likely be the same pattern for all the winning teams. Just a matter of who made less mistakes and found slightly bigger bass.

How were jimmy and you fishing that day?

q

« Reply #2300 on: May 23, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
He said bed fishing O0

So... what do you guys think the veterans are doing differently that catches them bigger weights. I'm pretty sure most of the people that day was site/bed fishing. But was it skill, timing, spots, bait, etc.... They must be doing something different to be catching more and/or bigger fishes.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:00:51 AM by q »

bumzc

« Reply #2301 on: May 23, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
In the morning we rush to the "cemetery" to find Nhia on our one and only spot. lol

Which was a inside turn in 1-3 feet of water, since we couldn't fish it we decided to fish the outside weed edge in 6-7 feet of water on the other side.  We tried everything but was unsuccessful but we did get to see Nhia pull 4 nice keepers off that spot. We run and gunned around the lake trying to find a pattern by fishing shallow and deep. Jimmy lost two nice mama's bed fishing that could of gotten us back in the game. Finally caught our first keeper back at the cemetery pitching a Texes rigged beaver in weed pockets.

After the weight in we found out most guys were using baby brush hog and other smaller type plastic. That was one thing we didn't do was downsize our presentation.  Good lesson learned from the HBC pros.

Photocycle

« Reply #2302 on: May 23, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
After the weight in we found out most guys were using baby brush hog and other smaller type plastic. That was one thing we didn't do was downsize our presentation.  Good lesson learned from the HBC pros.

Downsize? lol... the hell with that  >:D.. my bro and I used our regular 4-5 inch worms, craws, lizards... even frogs and top water lures were 4-5 inches.  ;D

To us, it was a matter of finding the active fish. I lost a pretty big one around a bunch of logs and my bro lost a pretty big one around a brush pile. ugh... they keep gettin bigger the more I think about it..  ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #2303 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
So... what do you guys think the veterans are doing differently that catches them bigger weights. I'm pretty sure most of the people that day was site/bed fishing. But was it skill, timing, spots, bait, etc.... They must be doing something different to be catching more and/or bigger fishes.

I think they make the better decisions... and that comes from experience. Probably also understand feeding patterns and how fish reacts to certain weather a lot better than us n00bs too.

Every fishermen has his/her strengths. The veterans are good at capitalizing on opportunities when they see it. We just fish blindly as any other joe.  ;D

bumzc

« Reply #2304 on: May 23, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
We were throwing 4-5 inch plastic also and thought that was small already until I saw what they had on. 2-3 inch craws and plastics.

Photocycle

« Reply #2305 on: May 23, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
We were throwing 4-5 inch plastic also and thought that was small already until I saw what they had on. 2-3 inch craws and plastics.

I don't think it was a matter of downsizing. I think it's just a matter of finding them...

Where's riq damn it. Tell us ur success story  O0

bumzc

« Reply #2306 on: May 23, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
That could of been the case also but it wouldn't of hurt to downsize and see if it was true or not.

Yes, let here the winning pattern

addisonlee

« Reply #2307 on: May 23, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
Congrats on your win Ric  O0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2308 on: May 23, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
We need to prefish more.

We only had 2 spots that I knew held fish. Nhia beat us to our first and second spots. We watched him catch 4 fish in front of us at the first spot. we fished after him in a little deeper water and I knew the fish had moved up shalllow. After he left we fished for about 10 minutes behind him and then we went to our 2nd spot. He was already there. I didn't see him catch any fish but the we were fishing exactly like him so I assume he caught some fish there. I lost 2 fish on beds there that we found during practice that were still there. It wouldn't have made a difference but it was a confidence deflator to lose 2 nice fish.

I spoke to Ric a bit after the tourney and he said he prefished 4 or 5 times. I assume he found his fish a few weeks ago and basically just followed them up to the tournament. They probably had at least 6 - 7 areas to fish while we had 2. He also said Cemetary was hot but that he knew a lot of boats were going to go there so they went elsewhere first. I'm sure a lot of people caught there fish up river. We just never ventured up there. In practice we hit a log and got stuck in some skinny water up there so I decided to not go up there.

In hindsight we should have went to our 2nd spot first after we saw Nhia fihsing in the first area we wanted to fish but we didnt.

Good learning experience and it was still fun to get out nad fish. We'll have to work really hard to get up there in the money. Next HBC tourney for us will be the Tonka one in July. I will be fishing the Elite event on the 12th also.

See everyone out on the water!

Photocycle

« Reply #2309 on: May 23, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
Here's The champs winning way, in his own words:

“I was bed fishing, throwing 5” dark color senkos, black and red flakes to be exact. Peak spawn, site fishing beds in the shallows. They were biting just about everything, but I always go weightless n let it fall near the nest, make them come after it. If not then drop it in the nest, wait 30 sec and give it a shake or two and let it sit. Eventually the bass will get annoyed and pick it up and move it off the nest. From there just hope that where the bass pick it up is where your hook is. But the biggest factor was place/location. You have to find that golden spawning ground. There was 3 golden grounds I found. One was muddied up by a small inlet so I skipped that one. The other was too obvious and everyone went there (The cemetery island), so I avoid that spot all day. The other was where I was fishing. Had it all to myself. By the time everyone showed up, I’ve already cleaned the place."

Advertisements