Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2325 on: May 26, 2011, 08:00:18 AM »
so who will be fishing the pickup this weekend?

I might be... need to check with da broda first.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2326 on: May 26, 2011, 08:33:05 AM »
I was going to but I think I am going to have to pass on it. Got Dance lessons at 1:00 and I need to take my pathfinder in to get an estimate on the hail damage I got a few weeks back.

On a side note though: I talked to the Khang Bros and they are going to be donating some of their KhangBros lures to our top 3 placers at Medicine Lake! Some great jigs and Senkos that have been proven to work!

Photocycle

« Reply #2327 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »
On a side note though: I talked to the Khang Bros and they are going to be donating some of their KhangBros lures to our top 3 placers at Medicine Lake! Some great jigs and Senkos that have been proven to work!

That's great to hear!

addisonlee

« Reply #2328 on: May 26, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »
If I had a boat and lived closer, I'd probably be fishing these bass tournys too  ;D

q

« Reply #2329 on: May 26, 2011, 09:37:41 AM »
If I had a boat and lived closer, I'd probably be fishing these bass tournys too  ;D
Make it your next goal. You love fishing so much, why not try to get something in return for all your hard work. You've been catching plenty of fish over there in WI, I'm sure you do quite well in a competitive environment.

q

« Reply #2330 on: May 26, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
Who's all doing the Minnetonka Classic for $10k?

Photocycle

« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Who's all doing the Minnetonka Classic for $10k?

Just sent in my entry form. I hope there's a lot more of us this year competing in this. First time I did it, 135 boats... crazy site!

q

« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »
Hope one of you guys win.

Photocycle

« Reply #2333 on: May 26, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
Hope one of you guys win.

I just hope Riq leaves a few 3 pounders for me.  :-\

q

« Reply #2334 on: May 26, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »
I think he has the best shot at taking this thing. I think he took 7th a few years back, that's the closest any hmong team has ever came to winning. Also with you gaining more experience, you'll do well to, maybe even win this thing also.

Photocycle

« Reply #2335 on: May 26, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
I think he has the best shot at taking this thing. I think he took 7th a few years back, that's the closest any hmong team has ever came to winning. Also with you gaining more experience, you'll do well to, maybe even win this thing also.

It's still a stretch for me but I hope that maybe I can start by catching my limit at this tourney this year hehe.  :)

addisonlee

« Reply #2336 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »
Make it your next goal. You love fishing so much, why not try to get something in return for all your hard work. You've been catching plenty of fish over there in WI, I'm sure you do quite well in a competitive environment.

I've competed  in trout and salmon tournaments before but it's tough when you're competing against boats.  :'(

One of the tournaments I placed just out of the money (6th) with a 23.49lbs king salmon caught on the pier. 1st was 24.3lbs and 5th place was only 23.51lbs.  :'( There was a $500 payout to the first fish over 25lbs and when I weighted it when I caught it, it was 25.5lbs on my digital scale! So I lost a lot of water weight during the transportation, even though it was on ice.

:'(

When I get my own boat I'll be sure to start competing more. Maybe even come up for a tournament.  O0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2337 on: May 26, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »
I think they have a chance but they have to have the perfect day.

If you look at the top anglers for the classic it is almost always the same guys. These guys fish Tonka probably every over weekend and only fish tourney's on Tonka. Alot of those guys fish the Denny's Wed nighter and the Denny's Super 30 which are all on Tonka.

I really do hope that they (Khang Bros or any other hmongsters) win it.

Personally If I counted my 8 best fish on Tonka it would equal around 33lbs....that's over like 4 years time...LOL so for me to go out and try to catch 28 - 29lbs in one day...is not very likely....

Good luck to those who fish it!

addisonlee

« Reply #2338 on: May 26, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Unless you guys do co-anglers?  ??? ;D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2339 on: May 26, 2011, 10:44:53 AM »
Unless you guys do co-anglers?  ??? ;D

Every boat has co anglers...cept for the elite club...you'll have to find someone who has a boat and just tell him to come out and fish...

Advertisements