Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485811 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2415 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:37 PM »
Medicine is an easy lake. Just fish any spot with grass and you'll have a good chance of catching 3-4 lbers.

Last year on Teng's boat our motor died, we were stuck in one area for 8 hours... we still managed 17lbs. hehe. ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

q

« Reply #2416 on: June 02, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
But did you guys place?

Photocycle

« Reply #2417 on: June 02, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
But did you guys place?

No, but all winning place for $$$ were 18-20lbs. we were just a little shy of placing for $$$.  :-\

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2418 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:32 AM »
I think winning weights will be close to last year...

1st last year was 20lbs 6oz
2nd was 20lbs 4oz
3rd was 20lbs 2oz

I wouldn't be suprised this year if someone caught a 23 - 24lb bag. The lake is a lot different from last year and fish aren't in their usual spots. Last year at this time water temps were in the mid 70's already. I expect big bags.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2419 on: June 02, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »
Jason how has tonka been?

I know for sure Tonka is a whole different lake. I'm sure some grass has come up but man it was crazy last saturday when I got to my normal slop area and there was no slop to be found....LOL

addisonlee

« Reply #2420 on: June 02, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »
Medicine is an easy lake. Just fish any spot with grass and you'll have a good chance of catching 3-4 lbers.

Last year on Teng's boat our motor died, we were stuck in one area for 8 hours... we still managed 17lbs. hehe. ;D

How'd you guys get back?  ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #2421 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:34 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised this year if someone caught a 23 - 24lb bag. The lake is a lot different from last year and fish aren't in their usual spots. Last year at this time water temps were in the mid 70's already. I expect big bags.

Wow, was it really in 70s last year by this time?

I wish I could fish it with you guys but can't because of the Tonka classic. You shoulda made it on Friday - to avoid all the recreational boats... then maybe I can fish it with Teng!  >:D

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2422 on: June 02, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »
Water temp was between 62-63. That is why I'm assuming those rock piles won't hold fish just yet.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2423 on: June 02, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
Wow, was it really in 70s last year by this time?

I wish I could fish it with you guys but can't because of the Tonka classic. You shoulda made it on Friday - to avoid all the recreational boats... then maybe I can fish it with Teng!  >:D

Yeap...last year it was in the 70's(according to my bass notebook) at this time. We had like 2 weeks of 80 - 90 degree weather last year in May before the tourney. I also remember on tourney day that when it rained I would stick my hands in the water to warm them up cause the rain water was way colder than the lake water...LOL

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2424 on: June 02, 2011, 09:38:28 AM »
Water temp was between 62-63. That is why I'm assuming those rock piles won't hold fish just yet.

After this week and especially tomorrow...I'm hoping for 66 - 68 and post spawners. Iono about you guys but I freaking suck at bed fishing....LOL

Photocycle

« Reply #2425 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:16 AM »
Jason how has tonka been?

I know for sure Tonka is a whole different lake. I'm sure some grass has come up but man it was crazy last saturday when I got to my normal slop area and there was no slop to be found....LOL

Tonka is a biatch to me right now... everyone keeps saying they are shallow... when I go super shallow I only find males cruising back and fourth... so I turn around and fish the deeper waters and don't get much either. It's pretty much a grind for me right now... If I can refund my money, I'd pull out of the tournament...  >:(

The Denny's tourney this past tuesday - winning bag was 27 lbs... i think half the guys made over 20lbs...  Peter and Nhia got 22lbs.... it's going to be crazy on Saturday. I'd say winning weight is going to be possibly 30 or even 30 lbs...  ???

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:44:44 AM by Photocycle »

Photocycle

« Reply #2426 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:55 AM »
How'd you guys get back?  ;D

We were trolling the entire time with a 30lb trolling motor... lol we had to troll back  ;)

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2427 on: June 02, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
After this week and especially tomorrow...I'm hoping for 66 - 68 and post spawners. Iono about you guys but I freaking suck at bed fishing....LOL

by saturday we should be in the mid 60's. I'm learning as well.

addisonlee

« Reply #2428 on: June 02, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
We were trolling the entire time with a 30lb trolling motor... lol we had to troll back  ;)

Thought you guys busted out the paddles  ;D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2429 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49:06 AM »

Tonka is a biatch to me right now... everyone keeps saying they are shallow... when I go super shallow I only find males cruising back and fourth... so I turn around and fish the deeper waters and don't get much either. It's pretty much a grind for me right now... If I can refund my money, I'd pull out of the tournament...  >:(

The Denny's tourney this past tuesday - winning bag was 27 lbs... i think half the guys made over 20lbs...  Peter and Nhia got 22lbs.... it's going to be crazy on Saturday. I'd say winning weight is going to be possibly 30 or even 30 lbs...  ???

I think your right....Winni ng weight will be over 30lbs especially with this nice weather we have been having.

You see the weights for the Leech Lake tourney on the 29th? Freaking crazy! I so want to get on that lake this year but just don't have the time to get up there!

Advertisements