Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485871 times)

bASS_BLASTER

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2430 on: June 02, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »

Tonka is a haha to me right now... everyone keeps saying they are shallow... when I go super shallow I only find males cruising back and fourth... so I turn around and fish the deeper waters and don't get much either. It's pretty much a grind for me right now... If I can refund my money, I'd pull out of the tournament...  >:(

The Denny's tourney this past tuesday - winning bag was 27 lbs... i think half the guys made over 20lbs...  Peter and Nhia got 22lbs.... it's going to be crazy on Saturday. I'd say winning weight is going to be possibly 30 or even 30 lbs...  ???

Question photo? Is the spawning area in Tonka off limits? I fished a dnr spawning area once, although there was a sign that says no fishing. I just thought it meant no fishing on the other side of the bridge which you're unable to get through with any boat. What I did was skipped a senko and swimbait through the bridge to the other side. HOLY mother, there's fish in there, not monsters but averaged a good 3.5lbs each.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

addisonlee

« Reply #2431 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »
Just curious, is live bait legal to use in any of the Hmong bass tournaments?

Photocycle

« Reply #2432 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57:31 AM »
After this week and especially tomorrow...I'm hoping for 66 - 68 and post spawners. Iono about you guys but I freaking suck at bed fishing....LOL

The warmest waters we've found on Tonka so far was 66 degrees. This is my first year learning about bed fishing... I have mixed feelings so far.

I'm also getting different messages from everyone... some people don't even think majority of the spawn has happened yet and is about to happen in the next couple days... others think most bass have spawn already...

so how do you summarize the spawn process if you only find some cruising males around beds around this time? Perhaps the females spawned already... or perhaps they are about to spawn (on the empty beds)...  ???

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2433 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
What is Denny's, 6 fish or 5?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2434 on: June 02, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Just curious, is live bait legal to use in any of the Hmong bass tournaments?

NO.  :knuppel2:

Photocycle

« Reply #2435 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »

Question photo? Is the spawning area in Tonka off limits? I fished a dnr spawning area once, although there was a sign that says no fishing. I just thought it meant no fishing on the other side of the bridge which you're unable to get through with any boat. What I did was skipped a senko and swimbait through the bridge to the other side. HOLY mother, there's fish in there, not monsters but averaged a good 3.5lbs each.

Basically you can't fish any waters in that designated area... typically anything past the sign. It'll be obvious because the posted spawning area is a small pond/backwater of its own.

So what you did was illegal.. lol

Photocycle

« Reply #2436 on: June 02, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »
What is Denny's, 6 fish or 5?

team tourney (two per boat) = 8 fish limit.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2437 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

The warmest waters we've found on Tonka so far was 66 degrees. This is my first year learning about bed fishing... I have mixed feelings so far.

I'm also getting different messages from everyone... some people don't even think majority of the spawn has happened yet and is about to happen in the next couple days... others think most bass have spawn already...

so how do you summarize the spawn process if you only find some cruising males around beds around this time? Perhaps the females spawned already... or perhaps they are about to spawn (on the empty beds)...  ???

I think it depends who you talk to. Also, it depends of the lakes. I was fishing some MN southern lakes and they are done spawning b/c the average depth of the lake is 15' and water temp was 66-67 degrees. Tonka is different. I'm not familiar with the lake but assuming its depths and size, then comparing with other lakes similar they're not finish spawning. I've seen some in beds, I've caught some with fat bellies and some that already laid their eggs.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2438 on: June 02, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »

Basically you can't fish any waters in that designated area... typically anything past the sign. It'll be obvious because the posted spawning area is a small pond/backwater of its own.

So what you did was illegal.. lol

That was in my FOB days. Give a brotha a break.  ;D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2439 on: June 02, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »
I think there's a mix in the spawn...

I would say 50% of fish have spawned and the other 50% havent...LOL HAHAHAHAHA :2funny:

Photocycle

« Reply #2440 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »

That was in my FOB days. Give a brotha a break.  ;D

You probably anchored right outside of it and started throwing bobbers... lol

blablablablabla

« Reply #2441 on: June 02, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »

with a pink head, white feather jig  O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2442 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »

LOL...you got that right!

btw, whatever happened to that skeeter FX21 250 SHO hmong guy. Did he ever fish Denny's? 

Photocycle

« Reply #2443 on: June 02, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »
btw, whatever happened to that skeeter FX21 250 SHO hmong guy. Did he ever fish Denny's? 

I asked Peter and Nhia when I saw them fishing the Denny's tourney - they said no skeeter FX21's floating around.. the guy was probably full of it or maybe he didn't sign up in time. He should just do HBC or TCHB...

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2444 on: June 02, 2011, 11:04:23 AM »

I asked Peter and Nhia when I saw them fishing the Denny's tourney - they said no skeeter FX21's floating around.. the guy was probably full of it or maybe he didn't sign up in time. He should just do HBC or TCHB...

Hmmm? I smell B.S. If you're fishing Denny Hecker's level, one would imagine you know the schedule, date and time. 

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:07:14 AM by bASS_BLASTER »

Advertisements