Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485855 times)

bASS_BLASTER

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2640 on: June 09, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
Went out to Tonka last night. Windy windy windy! When we got on (5:30pm) the lake it was about 75 degrees. When  we left (8:30) it was like 65 degrees! Had to keep my feet in the water to stay warm...LOL

Caught some fish in the 3 hours I had to fish.  A few 1lbers, a few 2lbers. Biggest fish was a guestimated 4 1/2lber. All junk fishing. Just wanted to make sure there were fish in the area's where I fish. This cold front might shut em off though for the weekend.....

I'll probably head out Saturday morning to tonka just to get an understanding. Were you just wack'n the shores & weedlines? If so, I might not need to go and maybe just pre-fish St. Croix and get mixed with the crowd.  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2641 on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Everything just seems off this year. I guess not off but normal...The last few years water has been really low and weather was a lot warmer the last few years. Fish just don't seem to be in the usual areas that I normally find em at so I've had to adjust a bit this year. Which is hard for me cause I seem to get dialed into locations and not weather/water. Learning as I go though!

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2642 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
I'll probably head out Saturday morning to tonka just to get an understanding. Were you just wack'n the shores & weedlines? If so, I might not need to go and maybe just pre-fish St. Croix and get mixed with the crowd.  ;D

I have a few areas that I always check out. A 10-12 foot hole and some rock structure. Did fish shoreline and docks also though. It's up to you though.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2643 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »
I have a few areas that I always check out. A 10-12 foot hole and some rock structure. Did fish shoreline and docks also though. It's up to you though.

I've only fished tonka in the past for crappies. Only fished from the shore and off the bridge in Tanager Lake. This lake would be brand new to me.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2644 on: June 09, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »
I've only fished tonka in the past for crappies. Only fished from the shore and off the bridge in Tanager Lake. This lake would be brand new to me.

Your gonna want to follow Photo then...he seems to do well on Tonka...LOL

q

« Reply #2645 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
Minnetonka is so big, it's like fishing a different lake everywhere you go. Each lake and/or bay has it's own ecosystem, you're bound to find one that matches your liking. But it's the one's who are versatile that can adjust to each lake and structure that catches the most and biggest fishes. I think that's where the veterans excel in. they've fishes long enough to be able to find and figure out a pattern faster, not always but majority of the time.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2646 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Minnetonka is so big, it's like fishing a different lake everywhere you go. Each lake and/or bay has it's own ecosystem, you're bound to find one that matches your liking. But it's the one's who are versatile that can adjust to each lake and structure that catches the most and biggest fishes. I think that's where the veterans excel in. they've fishes long enough to be able to find and figure out a pattern faster, not always but majority of the time.

Thanks. I'll head out on Saturday just to scope it out.

Photocycle

« Reply #2647 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »

Your gonna want to follow Photo then...he seems to do well on Tonka...LOL

Exactly... losing is winning to me. If that's your philosophy then join me!  >:D

Photocycle

« Reply #2648 on: June 09, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »
Tonka is a biatch... i say you'll have a good chance at winning if you have big fish spots in at least 5 different bays and know the seasonal patterns for all the bays. Otherwise you'll just be a hit or miss guy like me.

Photocycle

« Reply #2649 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »
How about I drive?  Problem solved!   O0

Do you haz a truck?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2650 on: June 09, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »
There's no such thing as "free". Gotta pay to learn so that will be the lesson on Sunday.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2651 on: June 09, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
Tonka is a biatch... i say you'll have a good chance at winning if you have big fish spots in at least 5 different bays and know the seasonal patterns for all the bays. Otherwise you'll just be a hit or miss guy like me.

I have 1 dock in at least 5 different bays that I have caught big fish off of...does that count? LOL hahahahahaha

Photocycle

« Reply #2652 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
With the post spawn pattern, just have all your rods on your deck - rigged with everything (worm, jig, crank, spinner, craws, tubes, etc etc etc) and go hit each patch of grass you see. Done deal.

q

« Reply #2653 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:58 AM »
With the post spawn pattern, just have all your rods on your deck - rigged with everything (worm, jig, crank, spinner, craws, tubes, etc etc etc) and go hit each patch of grass you see. Done deal.
I like that plan O0

Photocycle

« Reply #2654 on: June 09, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
I have 1 dock in at least 5 different bays that I have caught big fish off of...does that count? LOL hahahahahaha

funny but it does count... at least you know those areas have big bass nearby... even if they aren't by the dock.. they could be out in deeper grass.

I need to dock fish more on Tonka.

Advertisements