Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485838 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #3060 on: August 05, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »
In Kolman, fish off the first drop from the incoming inlet thats coming from the creek across hwy61. They're roaming back and forth ambushing prey. If you find them, 3lbs avg for your bag.

Q, stop talkn n just fish it damn!  ;D  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

q

« Reply #3061 on: August 05, 2011, 10:49:39 AM »
Don't forget the rock pile on the sharp drop in Gervais when coming from Spoon. Also, always work the pads. With the high water and all inlets/narrows flowing, bass be hanging out on the down current side just off the 1st drop. That would mean, Kolman inlet, Gervais inlet from Kolman and Keller inlet from Spoon. Caught 2 keepers back to back on the Keller inlet from Spoon yesterday, just cast into the tunnel and drag it out, bam!!! And if your spots are taken, swim a 1/4oz jig over the tops of weed flats that has steep drops next to it and BAM!!! Docks... always do docks, Gervais docks are more productive than Keller and Kolman.

There you go, I've already fish it.

basside

« Reply #3062 on: August 05, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »
Small chain of lakes with only a handful of spots. Fishing this one blind.

q

« Reply #3063 on: August 05, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
Jimmy if all else fails......... .............. .....bring live shiners!  ;D  O0

Jimmy you've been doing a great job of hosting, welcoming everyone to your club.  Each event there seems to be more and more boats competing. Its a great feeling and I praise you for that.  That is the flaw of HBC, you capitalized and I congratulate you on that.  You Sir is expanding the sport in the community and you are doing a great job of that, keep it up!  I hope to fish one of your events before the season is done.   O0

O0
O0 for Jimmy. TCHB soon to overtake HBC. ;D O0

What really ruined HBC is Peter Her. His cocky self centered mentality thinks he rules HBC back then has deterred people from HBC. He always down talk on others but look at this year, he ain't doing too good.

agentx

« Reply #3064 on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:41 AM »
y'all having a tourney on Gervais?
really? no better lake to fish in the metro?
not to mention the launch has enough room for about 10 boats max.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #3065 on: August 08, 2011, 08:39:43 AM »
Tough weekend of fishing for our team and myself...

Gervais (TCHB) was won with 24lbs by David Heu's team

Medicine (HBC) was won by Enosey's team with 26lbs

Waconia (HBC Elites) was won by Dan with 16lbs

We didn't even weigh for Gervais..had one small keeper all day. Totally bombed it.

Weighed 13.65 on Waconia for 5 fish with big fish of 4.40. Made a few mistakes to lose it. Also caught a huge 7 - 8lb sheep head that I thought was a 5+lb bass in 20+ft of water...LOL

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #3066 on: August 08, 2011, 08:42:53 AM »
O0 for Jimmy. TCHB soon to overtake HBC. ;D O0

What really ruined HBC is Peter Her. His cocky self centered mentality thinks he rules HBC back then has deterred people from HBC. He always down talk on others but look at this year, he ain't doing too good.

TCHB will never take over HBC...we are 2 different clubs that have different goals. It's good that we have the 2 clubs. One is more serious and more competitive and the other is more for learning and having some fun.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #3067 on: August 08, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
y'all having a tourney on Gervais?
really? no better lake to fish in the metro?
not to mention the launch has enough room for about 10 boats max.

Lots of lakes to fish in the Metro but why not gervais? Weights were good!

There is over flow parking on the street.

Great Turnout!

q

« Reply #3068 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »
Post up Gervais, Waconia and Medicine results 1st, 2nd, 3rd? The sites aren't updated yet, especially HBC's, Dan don't update till about the day before the next tournament.

q

« Reply #3069 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
David used to live on the lake or really close to it so he knows the lake inside and out

From what people say, he actually lives on Kolman.  Advantage for David, right.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #3070 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:37 AM »
So this past weekend I had the opportunity to go bass fishing with the bf and his older brother. NOTE: I had never fish for bass before. His older brother took us out to Coon Lake in Ham Lake. The bf's older brother had never fished this lake and went in blindly. We met up with another cousin in law of theirs who fish's this lake so he can show us where the spots are. 

We were fishing from 5am til 12noon and I could NOT reel in a damn bass! I did reel in a northern but my line got cut other than that it was a skunk. The older brother caught a few nice ones and the biggest was a 3.7lber. ( He has a pix but can't post it in here) The bf caught a bass too.

Overall I need to know what was I doing wrong? There were bites but for some reason I could not hook them. How are bass's bites different? How do I differentiate their bites? Or know when to snag it?

Help!?!?!?!?!

q

« Reply #3071 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »
Is your bf's older bro fishing TCBL this sunday or something?  They got their tournament this sunday.

DINAN

« Reply #3072 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
Bass pro sells a "how to set the hook for bass 101" for dumbies... O0 It really does help, tyri it..

DeceiversChick

« Reply #3073 on: August 08, 2011, 11:32:25 AM »
Is your bf's older bro fishing TCBL this sunday or something?  They got their tournament this sunday.
Not that I know of.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #3074 on: August 08, 2011, 11:33:08 AM »
Bass pro sells a "how to set the hook for bass 101" for dumbies... O0 It really does help, tyri it..
Thanks.

Advertisements