Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485819 times)

Basstard

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #3270 on: May 09, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
Windy days are all different base on all situations.

I like to fish wind blown banks against the wind before and during a cold front, but just not any bank obviously. But if I do catch some against the wind, i'll work through it again with the wind.
I'll also fish it on HOT days but not long. Maybe burn something really quick through.
It all depends on the situation.

I dont fish wind blown banks after a cold front. I'm sure you'll catch something, but you're mostly going base on luck and hope to catch qualities which you wont learn much going base on luck and hope.

You just have to experiment. Just through mine, if its a warm windy/calm night i'll start on windy banks in the morning. If a cold front is coming through that morning, i'll start on windy banks. But again just not any windy bank. If I know its going to be windy all day, i'll focus on points(main and/or secondary depending on the lake) in the afternoon and later fishing the back side(eddies).

Too many ways to fish windy days with many situations and conditions.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

basside

« Reply #3271 on: May 09, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Basstard,

You guys have cold fronts??? We have cold months!!!!! I think these bass up here may react differently because what they're used to.

Basstard

« Reply #3272 on: May 09, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
Basside haha good one  O0

A bass will always be a bass, its mother nature that changes.

addisonlee

« Reply #3273 on: May 10, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »
Superdeep crankbaits (20+ft)

Your personal experience with them? Consistent action? Effectiveness? Retreives?

Go.  O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #3274 on: May 11, 2012, 07:26:57 AM »
Superdeep crankbaits (20+ft)

Your personal experience with them? Consistent action? Effectiveness? Retreives?

Go.  O0

Slow Roll em, 10-12lb test and super looooooong casts.  I would probably throw on a deep weedline or under water point/island ticking over weeds or rocks.  Pike are notorious where we are so they'd probably just snatch it.  I've had limited success throwing deep cranks and that is on whitebass.  O0  Good Luck Addison!  :)

Like this post: +1

Basstard

« Reply #3275 on: May 11, 2012, 12:47:57 PM »
DD cranks. Just from my experience.

I like to throw around isolated rocky islands and rocky flats 10-20 ft. Its a killer if you have isolated dead stumps around the rocky flats 10-20ft. Basically knowing i'll hit bottom every time.

I'll sometimes throw it on steep banks if I want to burn through it to see if any active.

But my main place to throw a DD is rocky flats knowing i'll hit bottom. You can jig and plastic around the rocky flats, but for me personally there's no better way to cover rocky flats than a DD crank. I can burn around keeping my eyes on the graph to see if fish are around. Fish are on rocky flats to spawn during the spawning time or up on flats to feed during specific time of day and season.

Ledges and drop offs are good also, but for me i'd rather throw something slower that'll always stay on the bottom and make it sit in the zone a bit longer on ledges and drop offs. Doesnt mean it'll catch'em running a DD through only if bait fish is the PRIMARY food and what Bass are ONLY keying on. Obviously if the qualities are only keying on.

I stay away from throwing DDs around vegitation. Pull up salad almost every time. Better ways to fish vegitation shallow and deep. For me there is.

Like this post: +1

addisonlee

« Reply #3276 on: May 14, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »
 O0

ricqik

« Reply #3277 on: May 16, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
heres a spring browny

basside

« Reply #3278 on: May 16, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »
Nice job ricqk! Did you weigh it?

ricqik

« Reply #3279 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
no weight or meas, just a pic O0

basside

« Reply #3280 on: May 16, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
doesn't matter riqik, still a nice fish! congrats!

blablablablabla

« Reply #3281 on: May 23, 2012, 07:14:37 AM »
Tonka Qualifier II - pick up

Saturday May 26th@7:00am
Lake Minnetonka

7am - 3 pm
8 fish limit, Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
Launch out of Gray's Bay
2 person team = $60, 3 person team = $80
Big bass = $20
Side Pot = $40

Payout: Increments of $300

note: If you plan to fish, please don't be late. If you are late, you will have to find me to check in.

:)

basside

« Reply #3282 on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
 O0

Basstard

« Reply #3283 on: May 23, 2012, 11:56:27 AM »
Dang.

Wish Cali had more SMB. Looks so much fun.

blablablablabla

« Reply #3284 on: May 25, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
MN BASS OPENER tomorrow...... .............. .....

WHAT LAKE ARE WILL YOU BE ON SO THAT I CAN FOLLOW YOU?

Advertisements