Advertisement

Author Topic: Fishing Equipment Reviews  (Read 54521 times)

bASS_BLASTER

Re: Fishing Equipment Reviews
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »
Wow! Thanks for taking your time to post all this up. Very knowledgeable. Sorry to be an internet douche but what exactly is the point? Whats the advantage? I think stock cores are awesome reels so if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 04:37:02 AM »
When you get good reel, you don't really need to upgrade bearings.  When you get dirt cheap reel, upgrading bearings won't help you either.  It's kind of middle of the road performance reels that if you super tune them, you can get more performance out of them without having to buy the expensive reel.  The easiest way to get more performance out of your reel is to simply clean out the old factory grease from the bearings and put something like hot sauce oil in it.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

blablablablabla

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
Fish4Keep, thanks for taking the time to show us how its done.   O0  BTW, do you clean reels?   :)

Villain, hotsauce is made for them Quantums because the gears n stuff in them are not smooth like others.  Hotsauce actually eats\softens down the quantum gears to make them smooth.  But hey what do I know?   O0

fish4keep

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:31 AM »
Wow! Thanks for taking your time to post all this up. Very knowledgeable. Sorry to be an internet douche but what exactly is the point? Whats the advantage? I think stock cores are awesome reels so if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

:knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :2funny:

That's true the core is already awesome right out of the box.  But I had a chance to buy some OS (not pictured) abec 7 for real cheap so I just needed to try them out.  Also I put up that for blablablablabl a,  since he said it looks complicated in the other post. 

Fish4Keep, thanks for taking the time to show us how its done.   O0  BTW, do you clean reels?   :)

Villain, hotsauce is made for them Quantums because the gears n stuff in them are not smooth like others.  Hotsauce actually eats\softens down the quantum gears to make them smooth.  But hey what do I know?   O0

I just clean my own reels.

blablablablabla

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2011, 10:50:35 AM »
:knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :2funny:

That's true the core is already awesome right out of the box.  But I had a chance to buy some OS (not pictured) abec 7 for real cheap so I just needed to try them out.  Also I put up that for blablablablabl a,  since he said it looks complicated in the other post. 

I just clean my own reels.

Thanks Fish4keep, if you are local I have quite a few reels that need a good cleaning. (all Shimano)  ;D  Its not complicated, its more of I'm just too lazy to take the time to do it  ;D 

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »
 ;D

While you're at it, I have lots of reels for you to clean too! You any good with Daiwa's ?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2011, 06:27:45 PM »
When Hot Sauce first came out, I put that into my Snapshot reel only to have the reel become gun shot.  :D  That was user error.  It should only go into the bearings, but I use Xtreme Reel plus lube nowadays.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

blablablablabla

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 06:44:37 AM »
fish4keep, I'm serious about the reel cleaning.   O0

fish4keep

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 08:17:03 AM »
fish4keep, I'm serious about the reel cleaning.   O0

Thanks but no thanks.  It's not that I don't know how to, it's just that I don't want to play with other ppls reel.  Shimano is really not that hard.  Their internal system is pretty basic (don't know about the calais or dc, I don't own those).

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
Shimano's are the easiest reels to clean and service.  They even come with tool and oil.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 05:21:05 PM »
For you Bassboat lovers who can't convince your wife into buying a 3 passenger boat. Check out this line of boat, made in Brasil. A true 5 passenger bassboat.

addisonlee

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »
That's one badaxe bass boat :notworthy:

bumzc

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »
fish4keep - thanks for the tutorial.. I'll have to order some bearings for my chronarchs. What type of grease do you guys use on shimano reels?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
That's one badaxe bass boat :notworthy:

Tops out around 77mph with a 250hp. Not bad. I have never seen these boats before. I don't even see it on Bass Boat Central.

blablablablabla

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
fish4keep - thanks for the tutorial.. I'll have to order some bearings for my chronarchs. What type of grease do you guys use on shimano reels?

Shimano recommends minimal grease on drag washers and shimano oil.  Bum, just get Shimano Grease.  O0  I just cleaned all of my baitcasters.  O0

Advertisements