Advertisement

Author Topic: I am living my greatest life, each moment of each day.  (Read 101857 times)

LuckyState98

Re: I love Me
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »
Market sold off into the afternoon, based on current daily pattern weakness.  However if it holds here, it will rally.

I cannot put all my eggs into one basket.

It's so idiotic, and amateur that I can't believe I would do such a thing.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:36:32 PM by LuckyState98 »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LuckyState98

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »
Re: S L

It may be a mistake, and probably is, but now I know.  Besides it was nice.  I don't know why I did it.

LuckyState98

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
I can't believe I got so hijacked yesterday.  I almost fell off the Discipline wagon. 

Re: Trading

I bought this morning on the small dip and kept the positions that I did not get stopped out of into the afternoon.
Unfortunately I got stopped out of 2 positions, and in my other account I bought in way too early.  But because of the strength of the market and TRIN, I was able to ride it for some gain.  However, I came home too soon and it didn't reach my target like I wanted to.

My position in X would have reached my target too, if I didn't interfere with it.  Interfering is similar to entrying early without a Trigger.   I need to learn to do a better job of letting winners ride with stops, instead of interfering with a position that is trending.

LuckyState98

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
There was no reason to cover X, except Fear; Fear of giving back profits.   Fear is not a reason, but market condition and patterns should be the reason for taking actions. 

Market conditions and patterns are reason and logic, while is an emotion.  Decisions should not be made on emotions, because they will be flawed.

LuckyState98

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »
Questions before Entry
1.   Where is the TRIN, and what is it doing? 
2.   What is the 15MIN doing?
3.   What is the Pattern?
4.   Do I have a Trigger(s)?

Exit Questions
1.   Have the market conditions changed (TRIN & SPY)?
2.   Did the stock experience an OEXT move that justifies cover?
3.   Did the stock suddenly change with an ENG pattern?
4.   Have I reached my target?

LuckyState98

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2010, 10:20:42 AM »
I believe that this morning's sell off may rally in the afternoon.  However, I allowed my one long position to influence and drag my opinion into hoping and getting into longs prematurely, against market conditions.

The strength of the daily MA is coming through this morning after a large run up yesterday.  The only way for a follow through to the upside would be if the Daily Ma were more bullish.  It is not.

What is the price action telling me?

LuckyState98

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2010, 11:08:09 AM »
I thought that the market would not sell off too steep.

My instincts weren't too far off, but my actions were premature with no Trigger.

Why did it work?  Because the strength of the 15MIN.

Patterns need correct market condition and triggers, along with Trading discipline, to work.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:11:53 AM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

Dust in the wind - by Kansas

I remembered this song from a long time ago while working nights at a Japanese restaurant.  For some weird reason, it would always come on during Saturday nights.

This song reminds me that I born of nothing and will return there in the blink of an eye. 

Wow, one of the things I once treasured most is already dust in the wind.

LuckyState98

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 11:23:15 AM »
One of the best thing you can be in life is to ever be a student.

LuckyState98

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »
To the one that was once my love:

Thank you for finally giving me the divorce paper.  I always wish you well in every thing you do.  I almost wanted to hug you and tell you that you are a very strong person and that everything will be okay.  You will shine in what you do.

Sometimes I miss the good friendship that was, but then I think about all the times we fought and I know we are both happier this way.

They played this song so much the Summer we were dating, but I never really paid attention to it until you left then and I hear so much heart break in the song.  When you came back, I was thankful for having you in my life, and now you are gone again.  When they play this song or I hear this song, I will always be reminded of our rocky life together. 

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:44:57 PM by LuckyState98 »

LuckyState98

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2010, 05:56:31 AM »
All the entries I had yesterday got stopped out.  It is because they were more out of hope than true market analysis.  The TRIN was rising all that time, and so market condition wise there was no reason to enter  and re-enter. 

Market Condition, Patterns, Triggers  make up entry

I was ignoring the Market Condition part yesterday.

Market Condition =  TRIN + SPY Pattern + Price Action

LuckyState98

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2010, 09:14:24 AM »
What did I learn from my morning Entries and Stops.  They were all market and got stopped out.  Even thought the market condition was right, I still have to be patient with my Entry.  It either needs to be far away or I need a Trigger first.

They were market orders with no Triggers, and so they failed.

LuckyState98

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »
I bought using limit orders and they all work this time.  I had the market (TRIN) in my favor as well as good patterns.  Unfortunately, I had to over my morning losses and so I am up, but not as much as I had hope to be.  I did reach my target in JOYG, and then the stock ran some more.

Why did it work today, because the TRIN was really low at .5.  Why did it failed yesterday, because the 15Min was bearish and the TRIN was high and climbing.  They define market condition.

LuckyState98

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
A poem about loving oneself

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

LuckyState98

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
The only thing which we regret is the things which we did not do. - Wayne Dyer

Advertisements