Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717803 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1275 on: May 07, 2012, 04:23:09 PM »
The Hlub wears slightly higher above the knee caps for skirts, so it's probably not kosher to display amongst the business style ladies' outfits.  Hmmm.

HPA, it's fine to display here... we are not of the older generation... OK... I am way older than you... but the only generation you have to worry about is your parents' or older...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 07, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
That looks great, Trouble.  So, are the Micheal Kors pump comfortable?

yes, i have a couple of them.  the leather isn't as comfy as the AT or NW...they remind me of CK and RL, you have to break them in.  the heel is also a bit higher than the AT, NW, and RL.  if you don't break them in, they'll give you blisters so if your feet are like mine, i had to wear nylons at first.    :-[

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #1277 on: May 07, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
I see.

To me, it's comfort above all else... so... I guess I need to keep searching... need a pair of comfy nude pumps...

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 07, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
I see.

To me, it's comfort above all else... so... I guess I need to keep searching... need a pair of comfy nude pumps...

NW has a nice patent nude pump.  the only problem is it can stick together when you're walking.  hahahaha.....    :P  but it is comfy.  ;)

otherwise, aldo and FS have nice ones....but then again, you'll have to break in the leather there too....    *sigh*  FS's leather is a little stiffer than the aldo one though.....

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #1279 on: May 07, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
NW = Nine west?  I own a pair of aldo... but it's a bit too high for me... lolz... I like it around 4 inches only... will check out the Aldo and Nine West...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1280 on: May 07, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
If worn with taste, then I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Just a thought xwb.

Hmmm.

OG's don't understand taste... all they judge by is too short... too revealing... or lipstick too red or eye shadows too blue... etc.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1281 on: May 07, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Nice suit look Trouble. Very sophisticated.

And I had no idea Nine West made clothes.

They do, and their clothing are getting better and better... am still tempted to buy one of their ruffle jacket from Macy...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1282 on: May 07, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
Sad, especially when they put their daughters into a little box, expecting compliance and restrictions.

Anyway, back to clothing and taste. For women, nothing wrong with wearing articles of clothing that exudes flavor, that's all.

I dress very conservative.. . yet I still have people telling my mom or tell directly that I wear skirts or shorts too short (and they are AT the knee or slightly below).  But in those instances... I just tell them to bring it up to my husband b/c that's how he like it...

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:24:10 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #1283 on: May 07, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
Even in the industries that I am in, they have sent people home for wearing skirts shorter than 2 inches above the knees.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 07, 2012, 05:44:40 PM »
yes, i have a couple of them.  the leather isn't as comfy as the AT or NW...they remind me of CK and RL, you have to break them in.  the heel is also a bit higher than the AT, NW, and RL.  if you don't break them in, they'll give you blisters so if your feet are like mine, i had to wear nylons at first.    :-[
NW = Nine west?  I own a pair of aldo... but it's a bit too high for me... lolz... I like it around 4 inches only... will check out the Aldo and Nine West...

oops....i should have clarified myself.  when i said heel, i meant the back of the heel and not the height of the heel.   :2funny:  that's why i say it could cause blisters if you don't wear nylons.   ;D

yes, NW is nine west.  do you prefer round, almond, or pointy toe pumps?

Nice assemble Trouble!  I like the pop of purple. 

One thing I hate is breaking in shoes!  Ladylionness, almond or round toe, will be more comfortable than a pointy toe.  You can start with that then work your way to pointy toe pumps.   O0

thanks.  i wanted to brighten the boredom blackness of the suit.  hehehe....  ;)

They do, and their clothing are getting better and better... am still tempted to buy one of their ruffle jacket from Macy...

yes, they definitely are.  i sometimes prefer their suit separates as compared to the suit pieces that are sold together (i.e. blazer and slacks).  then you can mix and match or get different sizes.....   O0

Reload Wife

« Reply #1285 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
this would be interesting.   O0

this is what i normally wear for work.....today i wore a nine west black suit, purple calvin klein top, purple ralph lauren earrings, and michael kors pumps.

I love this look. I wish I can looks this good in a suit pant.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1286 on: May 07, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »
So, any take on what our first challenge should be?  :D

Why doesn't we do something similar to this. http://stylepint.com/2011/03/24/petite-fashion-challenge-6-dress-up-your-basics/

shesaid

« Reply #1287 on: May 07, 2012, 10:13:41 PM »

wore it with this wedge sandal:

those wedges are super cute! do you remember where you bought them from or what the brand is?

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1288 on: May 07, 2012, 11:32:29 PM »
simple and comfy again today
top from NY&Co ($8.54!)
capris jeans (Apt 9, Kohls)

I'm not feeling this outfit. The pants are too frumpy and the outfits doesn't pull together.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1289 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »
Ladies, I need help with this fuschia top. This is a shirt dress and I do not know how to wear it to work.

Advertisements