Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717600 times)

DeceiversChick

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1365 on: May 08, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
try it with slim cut or tapered slacks.  have you tried tucking it in or is it too long?  have you tried using a belt?
I have a fat tire around my waist so no belt. LOL

I've tried tucking it in but it's too long so it looks weird.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1366 on: May 08, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
You can really pull it off with clothes from Forever 21 and H&M.  I know the fabric is not the best there but price wise is what I'm going for........... .  Right now I do not have any top or just shirt in my closet to pair with jean or pant/slack.
As Anemone stated even if you're a stay at home mom you should still have a few nice tops/pants/dresses to dress up. I'm always a plain jane but when the time calls for it I do have something nice to wear.

I haven't done my makeup for weeks but this past weekend I dressed up. I had on a full face makeup, curled my hair, dressed up in a nice top with jeans and heels. I felt like a HOT azz girl who was ready to take on the world. However I was only going to a coworkers "pure romance" party.  :2funny:

It's nice to dress once in awhile once I'm out. It makes me feel good about myself.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1367 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
I know I already show this skirt before but I love this skirt and couldn't wait to wear it again. I'm not the type of girl who refuse wear the same item twice. I like to buy item that I can wear more than once.

Banana Republic top about 3 yrs old I think.
Ann Taylor Skirt
Ann Taylor Pump
Forever 21 Necklace

Reload Wife

« Reply #1368 on: May 08, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
nice.  i like to wear blazers on casual days also.....i wonder if we have have the same RL heels.  hehehe....   O0

ohhh....thanks for the fyi.  i'm going to have to check this out.   ;D

it's casual day for us today.  too bad my other half forgot.  hehehe....   :P

on me:  gap shirt and jeans, h&m scarf, gold coach earrings, gold monet bracelet, rl pumps.
You and your other half looks very stylish today. I love the blouse you're wearing. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #1369 on: May 08, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »
I know I already show this skirt before but I love this skirt and couldn't wait to wear it again. I'm not the type of girl who refuse wear the same item twice. I like to buy item that I can wear more than once.

Ann Taylor Skirt
Ann Taylor Pump
Forever 21 Necklace

this is real life, girl... if we don't wear it more than once, we should not be buying it.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1370 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
Just my bracelets, here's a closer shot. It might be a bit much but I was feeling a naked without a necklace so I loaded up on bracelets.  ;D

I also wore a scarf to work, as I do most mornings since it's still a little chilly here in the mornings. But I don't wear it all day. It depends on the outfit.

I love the bracelets.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1371 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

this is real life, girl... if we don't wear it more than once, we should not be buying it.

I'm tying to make the most out of my clothes.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:22:27 PM by Reload Wife »

go-go

« Reply #1372 on: May 08, 2012, 05:28:18 PM »
I'm not feeling this outfit. The pants are too frumpy and the outfits doesn't pull together.

I missed this comment.
I didn't think the outfit looked THAT bad....It's not chic or as fashion-y as what others have pictured, but I think it's suited for the atmosphere of this workplace.... esp on a Friday where's there may be a few people left by the time lunch rolls around.
Boy, if you guys think this looks ugly, I wonder what you guys would think on my other days where I come in flip flops and tshirts?? And when the weather's really burning hot, I throw off the cardigan and have on only tank tops...  :2funny: ;D   

Reload Wife

« Reply #1373 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Trouble, I like that you paired a blouse with skinnies for a casual look. You and your other half work together, but don't live together?

Reload, that is a beautiful skirt and you wear it well. 

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. It's a nice change.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
I have a fat tire around my waist so no belt. LOL

I've tried tucking it in but it's too long so it looks weird.

have you tried it with a long pencil skirt like this or is the top too long?  i think it could go well with that....

You and your other half looks very stylish today. I love the blouse you're wearing. 

thanks RW.

Trouble, I like that you paired a blouse with skinnies for a casual look. You and your other half work together, but don't live together?

:2funny:  i doubt our s/o's would like that very much.   :2funny:   she's my other half cause we're always together.  hahaha....  ;D

Trouble,  I love this RL heel, I think it’s the Zamora, it’s classic looking yet still got some height (it’s only 3”) so I wear it for work a lot. In fact, the heel lives at work and I switch in. I have a bin under my desk for work shoes. I usually come to work in flats.

I think I have that H&M scarf you’re wearing! It’s hard to tell in the photo but it looks like the one I have. I love scarves…oh I just love accessories in general. Love your look today!

yes, the pumps i have are one and the same.  i have it in black and tan.  hahahaha....  ;)

you have the scarf too?  i got mine beginning last year.  it's cream, brown, and tan in color.  i went crazy with scarves last year so a bought quite a few.  hehehe...  :P

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:04:15 PM by tRouBLe »

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
Reload Wife.......... ...I think you can really dress well in any type of skirt.  I think some of us PHers need to get a walk through your closet one day since you seem to have so many clothes or something.  If I don't have a career/job that is going to required me to dress up every day I would not have that much clothes because you don't always find something on sale, clearance, etc. all the time that is suitable unless you really have the time to go back and forth to see if there is any mark down taken......... ....

You seem to be slim and tall and kind of just remind me of your step-daughter mother.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 08, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
Of the two stores, I pick H&M over Forever 21 as far as quality.

I’ve stopped shopping at Forever 21 because I found that 1) Quality doesn't hold up 2) Clothes tend to be trendy so it goes out of style fast.

In the last year, I haven’t bought much from F21, I made a couple of purchases on their basic stuff like tank tops and t-shirts because it’s cheap and the quality on those is fine. I have shopped more at H&M this year than I have in the past. Their quality is not too bad. I rather invest the money there than F21.

I know you are a stay at home mom, but you should definitely play with clothes. I know you are also very petite so use the internet as a resource on where to shop. There are a lot of really petite bloggers that give great advices on where to shop for those XXS sizes.

RW, thanks for the info! With additional 50% off, I might have to check it out. I looove it when they have those additional discounts to already marked down prices!  O0

If I buy something I find myself returning it 2-3 day later because I don't have a reason to wear it but just like it so I'm learning the difference between want and need.  I hate to shop online and make return at the store or ship it back.  As for store we don't have much here because our mall is small and don't always carry a large variety like a store in a bigger city.  Another thing is the size for petite are mostly carry online. 

Forever 21 and H & M.  I don't hang around Forever 21 and just walk across to H & M and shop in the kid section for my little one.  Forever 21 is a store where I think you need to look around for hours or just take your time and I don't have that extra spare time to do it.  My daughter always bug me to go shopping at Forever 21, H & M, Hollister, A&F, etc. at Modesto Mall but I find myself going to DD's Discount and Ross while she roam the mall with my sister.

I tried playing with some clothes today but I really don't have any top or shirt and I went looking through my daughter closet and only to find that even though she is just 3 inches taller than me but her shirts or tops doesn't feel right on me at all.  I don't know how she pull off those clothes but I can't.  I went digging through her scarves but couldn't find where she put them and only came across 3 of them but so clueless of trying to wear it different way to see which one I can pull off.  I guess I might just have to have date with her one day and have her help show me a little here and there.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 08, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
I have no white tee and try wearing one of my daughter white tee that is more of a lower v neck and it didn't feel right on me at all.  Try to pair with a scarf but just couldn't find one or don't know where she put all her scarves.  Time for me to go shopping for some tops every once in a while.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #1378 on: May 08, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »

Ann Taylor Skirt
Ann Taylor Pump
Forever 21 Necklace

What a stylish twist to this skirt!

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 08, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Trouble, I'm not feeling the tunic like top with the pencil skirt.  Oh sorry, I thought you were single.  Opps! 

i was thinking if it's not too long, maybe this length.....wit h the right accessories and shoes, it could look great for work.   ;)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements