Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717716 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1380 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
1.  Spigel Hand-painted Leather Jacket
2.  Stripe Shirt by Inked from Sears
3.  Simply Vera Dark Wash Trouser Boot Cut Jeans
4.  Aldo Black Ankle Boots

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:16:01 PM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #1381 on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »

I love this skirt! When I was skinner, in my former life... Ahhahaa... I wore a lot of pleated skirts like this. I just love the look. Now if I could only go back to pre pregnancy body. :-(
I think pleated skirt can be flattering on just about any body size and type. It will depend on the cut of the skirt and how small or wide the pleats are. I have a pleated skirt from H&M that always make me look like I have very wide hips.

Reload Wife.......... ...I think you can really dress well in any type of skirt.  I think some of us PHers need to get a walk through your closet one day since you seem to have so many clothes or something.  If I don't have a career/job that is going to required me to dress up every day I would not have that much clothes because you don't always find something on sale, clearance, etc. all the time that is suitable unless you really have the time to go back and forth to see if there is any mark down taken......... ....

You seem to be slim and tall and kind of just remind me of your step-daughter mother.

Thanks SummerBerry. You don't want to see my closet. I have a tiny closet.  Even though it seems like I may have lot of clothes. I do not.  I signed for the store email and keep an out for sale through fashion blog.
 What I usually do is to check the store and see what items I like then I keep an eye on the item until it pricey goes down. Sometime I got lucky and sometime I don't.

My pictures makes me seem tall but I'm not. I'm only 4"11. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me well.

I like to dress up when I go to work or to event. However on the weekend I'm usually in t-shirt and short or jean.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1382 on: May 08, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »
Anemone,

Take pix of your leather jacket and I will see if I can give you some tips... working on taking pix of all my jackets... lolz... it's probably gonna take me at least a year... lolz!

I like the slight asian-ness to the painting...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:17:32 PM by LadyLionness »

Reload Wife

« Reply #1383 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Summerberry, borrow one of your husband's white t for the challenge.   O0
That is what I'm going to do.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1384 on: May 08, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »
LL- The print on your jacket is very interesting. It makes the jacket very unique.

Venuz

« Reply #1385 on: May 08, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
Wow 6 pages already and we're no where close to Friday yet LOL  I can't wait to see!

LadyLionness

« Reply #1386 on: May 08, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »
Venuz, you should participate too...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1387 on: May 08, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
I love leather jackets, so I try to collect unique ones... not just in color, cuts, but also in designs.

shesaid

« Reply #1388 on: May 08, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
1.  Spigel Hand-painted Leather Jacket

Spigel as in the catalog Spigel?  If so, I use to order religiously from that catalog and Newport News although NN's quality was not too good.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1389 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
yeah spigel catalog...

I have bought swim suits from newport news and really like them...

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1390 on: May 09, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
I know I already show this skirt before but I love this skirt and couldn't wait to wear it again. I'm not the type of girl who refuse wear the same item twice. I like to buy item that I can wear more than once.

Banana Republic top about 3 yrs old I think.
Ann Taylor Skirt
Ann Taylor Pump
Forever 21 Necklace

I love your outfit!

I'm the same with you. I like wearing my clothes more than once and mainly like it to be versatile with any outfit.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1391 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »

I missed this comment.
I didn't think the outfit looked THAT bad....It's not chic or as fashion-y as what others have pictured, but I think it's suited for the atmosphere of this workplace.... esp on a Friday where's there may be a few people left by the time lunch rolls around.
Boy, if you guys think this looks ugly, I wonder what you guys would think on my other days where I come in flip flops and tshirts?? And when the weather's really burning hot, I throw off the cardigan and have on only tank tops...  :2funny: ;D   
As long as it's suitable for the atmosphere of your workplace that's perfectly fine. We have casual friday's and I'm usually in a women's golf shirt with jeans. I'm not saying it's ugly I felt the pieces didn't go well with eachother. But who am I to say? I don't dress up all the time and I'm always frumpy looking.  ;D

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1392 on: May 09, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »
have you tried it with a long pencil skirt like this or is the top too long?  i think it could go well with that....

The top is pretty long so a pencil skit may not suit it. hmmmm Let me go dig up an old picture of when I wore it out with black leggings.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1393 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »
If I buy something I find myself returning it 2-3 day later because I don't have a reason to wear it but just like it so I'm learning the difference between want and need.  I hate to shop online and make return at the store or ship it back.  As for store we don't have much here because our mall is small and don't always carry a large variety like a store in a bigger city.  Another thing is the size for petite are mostly carry online. 

Forever 21 and H & M.  I don't hang around Forever 21 and just walk across to H & M and shop in the kid section for my little one.  Forever 21 is a store where I think you need to look around for hours or just take your time and I don't have that extra spare time to do it.  My daughter always bug me to go shopping at Forever 21, H & M, Hollister, A&F, etc. at Modesto Mall but I find myself going to DD's Discount and Ross while she roam the mall with my sister.

I tried playing with some clothes today but I really don't have any top or shirt and I went looking through my daughter closet and only to find that even though she is just 3 inches taller than me but her shirts or tops doesn't feel right on me at all.  I don't know how she pull off those clothes but I can't.  I went digging through her scarves but couldn't find where she put them and only came across 3 of them but so clueless of trying to wear it different way to see which one I can pull off.  I guess I might just have to have date with her one day and have her help show me a little here and there.
You should have your own style and not dig through your daughter's clothes. Her body type is different from yours so it will fit differently.

Even if you don't wear the clothes it would be nice to dress up once a month or so.  Dressing up meaning wearing a nice top with a nice pair of jeans and have some light makeup on. It really does make you feel better and have some sense of fashion. I rarely dress up or have makeup on but once in awhile I do it so it boosts my confidence. lol

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1394 on: May 09, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »
i was thinking if it's not too long, maybe this length.....wit h the right accessories and shoes, it could look great for work.   ;)

My dress shirt is longer than yours.

Ugh, see this is why I can't find a way of wearing it to work but only when I'm out with skinny jeans/leggings. I don't want to wear leggings to work cause i feel it's not work appropriate.

Advertisements