Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717511 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1395 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »

I missed this comment.
I didn't think the outfit looked THAT bad....It's not chic or as fashion-y as what others have pictured, but I think it's suited for the atmosphere of this workplace.... esp on a Friday where's there may be a few people left by the time lunch rolls around.
Boy, if you guys think this looks ugly, I wonder what you guys would think on my other days where I come in flip flops and tshirts?? And when the weather's really burning hot, I throw off the cardigan and have on only tank tops...  :2funny: ;D   

It's fine... it's just that it doesn't do much to accentuate your shape... I know you have a sexy body underneath all those loose clothing... and I want to see it ... hahaha...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #1396 on: May 09, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
DC, you could always shorten the shirt a bit...

go-go

« Reply #1397 on: May 09, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
So I took everyone's constructive criticism and put it to work.  I wore a blazer over it, put on a belt, added a necklace AND a bracelet (but it's covered up, so sad) and wore an actual dress pant with heels. 

Anyway.  Here is Take Two of the top I wore last Friday:

go-go

« Reply #1398 on: May 09, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
DC, you could always shorten the shirt a bit...
yes you could do that....I do it with pieces that are too long in the sleeves or in the hem.  Or I take it in the waist and add an invisible zipper to the side.  That way, the waist is tailored in and the hem would fall at the hip and you won't have to deal with belts or tucking it in. 

go-go

« Reply #1399 on: May 09, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
so it has to be a white tshirt?? I don't own a white tshirt either... only white tanks and color tshirts.  And I'm not gonna borrow from my hubby because his whites are Hanes.  :2funny:   No Hanes for me.

go-go

« Reply #1400 on: May 09, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Thajyeeb, are these the same pants you wore with the top last Friday? I love this look! It looks very polished, very professional! I think the heels added to the look, plus I like that you threw a colored blazer on!

This is really good! You took constructive criticism and really turned it around! I love this thread! O0
Thanks. You're really too kind.  I think my outfits are pretty plain... no pizzazzz to them.  I think I'm a minimalist.  LOL

Last Friday, I threw on the top with capri jeans and wore some black flats.  They were loose fit, so it appeared really baggy, but I think it was because I cropped off the feet, so it made the outfit looked ill-fitted and choppy.  These dress pants are the ones I was raving about (in the JCP thread) that I got from JCP Worthington.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1401 on: May 09, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »
So I took everyone's constructive criticism and put it to work.  I wore a blazer over it, put on a belt, added a necklace AND a bracelet (but it's covered up, so sad) and wore an actual dress pant with heels. 

Anyway.  Here is Take Two of the top I wore last Friday:

VERY NICE! I love this look.  O0  I'm glad you turned it around and made it into a positive. I love this thread as well.

go-go

« Reply #1402 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
Thajyeeb, I hope you don't mind me post this. Please let me know and I can take it down but I thought it was a good visual for before/after.

I don't mind.  To me, they both look the same - one is everyday comfy and one is a little more dressier.  I think it's because I'm used to wearing plain outfits to work, ESPECIALLY on Fridays where the workplace is dead by lunch time....

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1403 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
yes you could do that....I do it with pieces that are too long in the sleeves or in the hem.  Or I take it in the waist and add an invisible zipper to the side.  That way, the waist is tailored in and the hem would fall at the hip and you won't have to deal with belts or tucking it in.

Thaj and LL, I think I'm going to shorten it cause I use to wear this shirt dress out clubbing. I don't club anymore and would like to wear it for work or a casual girls night out.

Thanks!

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1404 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »
Busy day today at work, early morning meeting, more meetings.

Decided to wear a skirt today but my legs are really pale and I haven’t had much luck with fake tan so I opted for black tights with the skirt. It’s May, ideally I would prefer to go bare legs and a lighter color shirt but I’m really self conscious about my legs until they are tan so oh wells, tight it is. So with black tights, I felt like I had to go dark for my top as well.

This skirt is a different print for me, I’m not sure if I pulled this off though. I went a conservative route with the cardigan. LOL… I would love some feedback on this look! Please be honest!

Colorful floral patterned skirt, Urban Outfitters
Black top, Gap
Black cardigan, NY&Co
Tights, Target
Heels, RL
Bracelets, probably F21

I like this outfit! However maybe a light color top? A peachy/light pink top? I don't know that's just how i'm feeling at the moment.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1405 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
You really took the suggestions and did great.

Today’s photo, especially the pants is very flattering on your body. It makes you slimmer (not that you’re big! But you know what I mean). I’m a big believer in belts. I think using a belt helps with proportions and creates an illusion of a slimmer waist.

The blazer is a nice touch and the color is perfect!
Ditto.  O0

OldVeggies

« Reply #1406 on: May 09, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »
white t & denim.... and bare feet per calypso's fantasy....

Like this post: +2

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1407 on: May 09, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »
Here's my top of the day.

Loft Navy Blue top
Black under shirt
Pearl necklace
NY&CO black dress pants
Flat shoes

I was going to wear a different color dress pants but realize i only have black or gray. I didn't want to wear gray so went with Black. I wanted to hear heels with my dress pants but have not done a pedicure so opted for flats.

go-go

« Reply #1408 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »
You really took the suggestions and did great.

Today’s photo, especially the pants is very flattering on your body. It makes you slimmer (not that you’re big! But you know what I mean). I’m a big believer in belts. I think using a belt helps with proportions and creates an illusion of a slimmer waist.

The blazer is a nice touch and the color is perfect!
When you look at the side-by-side pictures, I can see that the dress pants is more flattering and more slimming.  I actually look pretty thin around the waist!    :2funny: :2funny:   I like colors and I like matching solids with prints so it's natural for me to add a color.  I tried it with a black blazer and it was just too plain and one-sided.

I'll get back to your outfit.  I have to do some real work this morning!! LOL!

DC -- could you please post a bigger picture?!?!   :knuppel2:

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1409 on: May 09, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
No bigger picture.  :'(

Advertisements