Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717754 times)

Calypso

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1455 on: May 09, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
Errmm, I forgot to wear accessories with two of the outfits. LOL.

But I'll post 'em ... ;D

VOILA! don't laugh.  ;D

Info on clothing:

1. Dark brown cardigan, Sears. Scarf, payless. Skinny belt (I don't remember). Boots, JCPenney. Jeans, Walmart.  ;D. White tee, Sears. .

2. Velvet blazer, I don't remember. Jeans, F21. Shoes, Kmart.  ;D

3. Sweater, ON. Boot, Charlotte Russe.

sunsets, beautiful! My fave is the first one. O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #1456 on: May 09, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
Sunset,

I like your looks... was planning to do something similar... looks like you have lots of brown clothes.  For the longest time, I didn't know how to wear brown... and didn't have many pieces in brown... now I do have some... but not as much as the other colors.

Do some more tonight.

sunsets

« Reply #1457 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
sunsets, beautiful! My fave is the first one. O0

Thanks my love.  :-*

Sunset,

I like your looks... was planning to do something similar... looks like you have lots of brown clothes.  For the longest time, I didn't know how to wear brown... and didn't have many pieces in brown... now I do have some... but not as much as the other colors.

Do some more tonight.

Yeah, will dig through my closet tonight and see what I come up with.  ;D

sunsets

« Reply #1458 on: May 09, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
very nice sunsets.... you look tall.

It's the long neck, long arms, long legs...I'm only 5'1 and a HALF.  :2funny:

OldVeggies

« Reply #1459 on: May 09, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »
It's the long neck, long arms, long legs...I'm only 5'1 and a HALF.  :2funny:

that's pretty tall...  imo.

JustMe

« Reply #1460 on: May 09, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »
Errmm, I forgot to wear accessories with two of the outfits. LOL.

But I'll post 'em ... ;D

VOILA! don't laugh.  ;D

Info on clothing:

1. Dark brown cardigan, Sears. Scarf, payless. Skinny belt (I don't remember). Boots, JCPenney. Jeans, Walmart.  ;D. White tee, Sears. .

2. Velvet blazer, I don't remember. Jeans, F21. Shoes, Kmart.  ;D

3. Sweater, ON. Boot, Charlotte Russe.

OldVeggies

« Reply #1461 on: May 09, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
it's just too bad that guys dont have accessories... .   :'(

LadyLionness

« Reply #1462 on: May 09, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
Until I can dig up more pics (at the office right now), can other colors for t-shirts work?  LL and some others may have seen one I'm thinking of posting.  Hmmm.

You have time to go home and play with the camera... white T and jeans is the challenge...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1463 on: May 09, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »
What do you ladies think about "Casual Date Night" for next week's challenge... this way... they might come up with something creative to wear while out with their spouse  or their mom for the weekend celebrating Mother's Day.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #1464 on: May 09, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
LL, i think it's a great idea but I can't keep up with all these challenges. I won't participate but i'm sure you ladies will have fun.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1465 on: May 09, 2012, 01:20:29 PM »
LL, i think it's a great idea but I can't keep up with all these challenges. I won't participate but i'm sure you ladies will have fun.

Just do some... lolz... don't have to do all of them... DC... are you joining in this weeks?

Reload Wife

« Reply #1466 on: May 09, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
What do you ladies think about "Casual Date Night" for next week's challenge... this way... they might come up with something creative to wear while out with their spouse  or their mom for the weekend celebrating Mother's Day.
I think that is a great challenge.

go-go

« Reply #1467 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
Busy day today at work, early morning meeting, more meetings.

Decided to wear a skirt today but my legs are really pale and I haven’t had much luck with fake tan so I opted for black tights with the skirt. It’s May, ideally I would prefer to go bare legs and a lighter color shirt but I’m really self conscious about my legs until they are tan so oh wells, tight it is. So with black tights, I felt like I had to go dark for my top as well.

This skirt is a different print for me, I’m not sure if I pulled this off though. I went a conservative route with the cardigan. LOL… I would love some feedback on this look! Please be honest!

Colorful floral patterned skirt, Urban Outfitters
Black top, Gap
Black cardigan, NY&Co
Tights, Target
Heels, RL
Bracelets, probably F21

From that angle, that skirt looks longer than most of the UO skirts I've seen.  Most are pretty short, like way above the knee short!   I think that looks fine and safe, depending on your fashion aesthetic, but too heavy on the black.  How about wearing black hosiery instead of tights?
My suggestions are to change out the the black top for a neutral color - white or beige with a wide belt.  Add on a soft color cardigan/jacket, like light gray or light blue.   But if you really want to go outside of your comfort zone, go for a colored top like RW suggested.  I would suggest a complementary color to the colors that are on the skirt, though, and not a green like RW suggested because there's already too many greens on the skirt.  I would probably pick a yellow top, but that's just me... I like colorful combinations.  I like that cardiga, but I'm not sure if it goes with that skirt.  Maybe opt for a cardigan with a shorter hem length.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1468 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
We probably should wait for Friday NOON to announce the new challenge though... lolz!

go-go

« Reply #1469 on: May 09, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Here's my top of the day.

Loft Navy Blue top
Black under shirt
Pearl necklace
NY&CO black dress pants
Flat shoes

I was going to wear a different color dress pants but realize i only have black or gray. I didn't want to wear gray so went with Black. I wanted to hear heels with my dress pants but have not done a pedicure so opted for flats.

Without a bigger picture of the overall outfit, it's hard to say but it sounds like a perfectly safe outfit.  I like what I see though... it's a classic look!  Since you have on dark colors, maybe you can wear a colored shoe....like RED.

Advertisements