Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717831 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1470 on: May 09, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
Busy day today at work, early morning meeting, more meetings.

Decided to wear a skirt today but my legs are really pale and I haven’t had much luck with fake tan so I opted for black tights with the skirt. It’s May, ideally I would prefer to go bare legs and a lighter color shirt but I’m really self conscious about my legs until they are tan so oh wells, tight it is. So with black tights, I felt like I had to go dark for my top as well.

This skirt is a different print for me, I’m not sure if I pulled this off though. I went a conservative route with the cardigan. LOL… I would love some feedback on this look! Please be honest!

Colorful floral patterned skirt, Urban Outfitters
Black top, Gap
Black cardigan, NY&Co
Tights, Target
Heels, RL
Bracelets, probably F21

Maybe try it with a longer or shorter cardigan... and off-black or sheer black stockings... with a skirt like that, you will have to try different combination of shirts to see which one work better... it's so busy... the cut and shape of the shirt should be simple as well... I would opt for a v-nect black t-shirt... if it was me... lolz... and maybe top it off with a more plain grey sweater.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #1471 on: May 09, 2012, 01:30:30 PM »
@Thabyeej, giving you my stamp of approval on this!   O0 Love the blue and yellow combo!

I too love this thread!  Thanks for sharing everyone!

VERY NICE! I love this look.  O0  I'm glad you turned it around and made it into a positive. I love this thread as well.

Really loving this look. The blazer make the outfit look very polish. Good job on recreate the outfit with everyone suggestion.

Thank you all.  I enjoy reading everyone's suggestions.  I like this thread too... probably the only one that I really participate in on a daily basis.

PS:  SUKIE, haven't seen any pictures of your outfits yet.... we're all just (silently) waiting.......  ;D

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:32:16 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #1472 on: May 09, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »
Yeah, I think it takes everyone a bit of time to feel comfortable and know that we won't bite in here before they post... PH can be cruel... glad we have this safe haven.

go-go

« Reply #1473 on: May 09, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
@Lady, casual date night is good idea.  I didn't have anytime lastnight but if I find time tonight or Thursday evening, I was planning to do a casual date with white t and jeans. LOL

@Thabyeej, I'm still shy! LOL

OH LORD.  There's no need for shyness in this thread.  You don't have to show any faces... so you show what you want others to see.  If you want to show your face, then we're all for it.  If not, then it's perfectly fine.  Also, we're all about women power, so no one is going to diss on your body.  *Ahem, DC*  So, regardless of your body shape, or what kind of condition your clothes are in, it doesn't matter.  Look at me, I never dress up for work and haven't done so in the last few years.  I just started to do it again, thanks to the encouragment and inspiration of the ladies here.  I'm trying to dress up at least 2-3 times a week... but looks more like maybe only 1 or 2 times a week.  Mondays and Fridays are definitely "never" and so that leaves me with Tue, Wed and Thurs.... and since I might get lazy by Thurs, that only leaves Tues and Wed left!  :2funny: :2funny:   

aria

« Reply #1474 on: May 09, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

It's prob the angle I took the photo since it's not straight on. But it is an inch above the knee. I thought about wearing it with a cream blouse, similar to the one I wore yesterday but I wore cream yesterday and didn't want to wear another cream blouse again so I decided on black. I will definitely try this skirt again with a lighter color top.

I think lighter hoisery like black nylons make me look bigger so I always opt for black opaque tights. Like I said, ideally I would just wear this skirt with bare legs but my legs are really pale now so until I get a tan I prob won't wear this skirt again.  ;D

I raided my younger sister's closet over the weekend, she was getting rid of some clothes. So I picked this skirt because it's not something I typically wear. And I thought I could certainly make it work for me. Plus, it helps me get out of my comfort zone of solids, solids, solids.

My husband have been trying to get me into stripes! The horror! :( I like my solids. I don't like any prints unless it's polka dots because I think I can sort of pull that off.

Actually you look good in this photo. And your hair must be getting long. I'm taking prenatals to get mine to grow longer. :)

go-go

« Reply #1475 on: May 09, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »

I raided my younger sister's closet over the weekend, she was getting rid of some clothes. So I picked this skirt because it's not something I typically wear. And I thought I could certainly make it work for me. Plus, it helps me get out of my comfort zone of solids, solids, solids.

Ahhh so that's it.  I was quite surprised when I saw your picture and saw you wearing a floral skirt.  I thought "wait a minute! I thought she only likes solids! What is she doing wearing a floral skirt and in that many colors??"   :2funny:  Seriously.   LOL!

Well, I think you did pretty good going out of your comfort zone then.... if you top that with a complementary color too, wow, you'll probably be walking around thinking "I'm too bright! I'm too colorful! I look like a peacock!"   :2funny: :2funny:    That's how I feel walking around in the heels and jacket this morning (which I already took off).  I already got asked "Why are you all dressed up?  what's the occassion?".  *sigh*  I couldn't say "because I'm gonna write about it in PH" so I said "oh  because I haven't done laundry yet "  HAHA!

aria

« Reply #1476 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:06 PM »
You should share with us! I know you work from home but still...it could be fun.

Then you should know that I work in PAJAMAS! LOL.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1477 on: May 09, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »
My husband have been trying to get me into stripes! The horror! :( I like my solids. I don't like any prints unless it's polka dots because I think I can sort of pull that off.

Actually you look good in this photo. And your hair must be getting long. I'm taking prenatals to get mine to grow longer. :)

Aria... the right stripe can be very fun to wear... gotta try to on to see which one you like... on your body and feel comfortable with.

aria

« Reply #1478 on: May 09, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

Aria... the right stripe can be very fun to wear... gotta try to on to see which one you like... on your body and feel comfortable with.

LL, I own 2 stripe articles of clothing. One is a sweater and another is a tee-shirt purchased at the recommendation of my husband. He said I look nice in it but he's bias and still dress like a college frat boy. :P I need to find a little more confident to pull it off. :)

OldVeggies

« Reply #1479 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
confession:
i don't know what i'm wearing in the foto because i can't check because i'm not currently wearing what i wore in the foto because i only wore it to take to foto and ended up wearing something else.

i apologize to the curious cats on ph.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1480 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
LL, I own 2 stripe articles of clothing. One is a sweater and another is a tee-shirt purchased at the recommendation of my husband. He said I look nice in it but he's bias and still dress like a college frat boy. :P I need to find a little more confident to pull it off. :)

Show us pix of them and let's have fun...

LadyLionness

« Reply #1481 on: May 09, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »
confession:
i don't know what i'm wearing in the foto because i can't check because i'm not currently wearing what i wore in the foto because i only wore it to take to foto and ended up wearing something else.

i apologize to the curious cats on ph.

When you said "forgot," I figured that was the case.  Jot it down when you get home later.

OldVeggies

« Reply #1482 on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

When you said "forgot," I figured that was the case.  Jot it down when you get home later.

will do....   :)

i am wearing the same belt... it's a fossil reversible belt. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #1483 on: May 09, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
Hey, I don't have white T-shirt, only white tank top..

that works...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1484 on: May 09, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
I love everyone outfits so far. I can't wait to see more on Friday.

Advertisements