Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717560 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1860 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
Summerberry – I hope you don’t mind that I give you some feedback on the outfits you posted.

Black dress – I think you wore this dress very well. I can tell you are very petite (height & weight). I think the dress looks good on you. It is comfortable and the length is appropriate (you’re a mother with young kids). The only thing I would do is accessorize the outfit, perhaps a long stranded necklace or do a shorter statement necklace. I know you are very new to the whole ‘dress up’ thing, so take one step at a time. ;) Overall, I think this dress is a hit!

Turquoise shirt & black pants
– this outfit did you no favors. The blouse is too busy with all the ruffles that your upper body is loss. The sleeves on the blouse is too loose. The pants are pulled up way too high, my guess is the waist line is big for you so you had to hold it together with a belt? Because you can see the clinching of the fabric around the crotch area (usually happens when one pulls up the pants too high with a belt).

Red/white striped skirt – I like this skirt look on you. It reminds me of how Reload Wife wears her skirts. I think you wore this well!

I’m really glad this thread is encouraging you to step outside your comfort zone. I realize you’re a stay at home mom with young kids so it’s unrealistic to dress up like this every day. If I were a stay at home mom, I’d probably wear sweats all day too. But I think it’s also good to have a couple of nice pieces in your closet so when an occasion arises and you need to dress up or wear something nice, you have options.

One thing is that I don't have accessories like necklace, bracelet, etc. because I don't really dress up and don't have a  need for them unless I go through my daughter stuffs.  I know she has a lot but then I totally forgot about it because my daughter gave me those looks like What is mom trying to do when she never dress up...........  The black dress actually has side pocket and it was my daughter.  I didn't really like fabric because it was cotton. 

I guess it time for me to do my own shopping here and there a little and maybe start getting some accessories too.  Just got to make sure my husband doesn't give me those weird looks too........... .

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #1861 on: May 14, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
One thing is that I don't have accessories like necklace, bracelet, etc. because I don't really dress up and don't have a  need for them unless I go through my daughter stuffs.  I know she has a lot but then I totally forgot about it because my daughter gave me those looks like What is mom trying to do when she never dress up...........  The black dress actually has side pocket and it was my daughter.  I didn't really like fabric because it was cotton. 

I guess it time for me to do my own shopping here and there a little and maybe start getting some accessories too.  Just got to make sure my husband doesn't give me those weird looks too........... .

Summerberry your husband may like seeing you dress up. My husband always tease me about dressing up because when he first met me I rarely dress up and wasn't into makeup.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
Summerberry - you look great! And especially for just having had a baby! I think you accessorized it well with the scarf!

Thajyeeb - I like this look on you. The blazer definitely compliments you and you look very slim and tall!

Reload - We don't see you in pants often but I totally dig the jeans on you! It makes you very slim and tall! Love how you styled the simple tshirt with the lace blazer!

Trouble - lovely as always! I wish I can pull off that look. LOL

My daughter actually had to put that scarf on me because I'm clueless.  When I told my daughter maybe its time for me to do some shopping here and there after playing dress up and feel like I need my own wardrobe...... ...She wanted me to go to the mall the next day but I told her we can't because it mean driving out of town and also we have to pick up the kids already.  I see my daughter always online looking at Forever 21, LoveCoulture, etc. and other store online.

go-go

« Reply #1863 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Thajyeeb, nice color combination.  That Mango jacket looks great...
yes I love the Mango jacke too... I wore it all weekend with all my other outfits.  :2funny:  My hubby was like "why are you so dressy now? we're just going out to eat"  :2funny: :2funny:

Very pretty. I love the yellow dress. The dress is such a fun and pretty print. I think it will look even better if you shorten the dress length to your knee or above your knee.
thanks, I love the print on this dress too and I agree on the hem length, but it's only the 2nd time I've worn this dress.  If and when I do take up the hem length, I'll take in the skirt too, it's a little too big and roomy at the hip. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #1864 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Summerberry - you look great! And especially for just having had a baby! I think you accessorized it well with the scarf!

Thajyeeb - I like this look on you. The blazer definitely compliments you and you look very slim and tall!

Reload - We don't see you in pants often but I totally dig the jeans on you! It makes you very slim and tall! Love how you styled the simple tshirt with the lace blazer!

Trouble - lovely as always! I wish I can pull off that look. LOL

Thanks - Anemone. The jean are kinda of big on me. I have to wear a belt with those jean.
RW, love your jean outfit... One thing I do like from Forever 21 is their lace jackets... I have a black one.
Thanks LL. I love Forever21 for their lacy clothes. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #1865 on: May 14, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
My daughter actually had to put that scarf on me because I'm clueless.  When I told my daughter maybe its time for me to do some shopping here and there after playing dress up and feel like I need my own wardrobe...... ...She wanted me to go to the mall the next day but I told her we can't because it mean driving out of town and also we have to pick up the kids already.  I see my daughter always online looking at Forever 21, LoveCoulture, etc. and other store online.

Summerberry- What you mention about your daughter, she sound like a little fashionista.

go-go

« Reply #1866 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
No, not yet. I was on the road most of Friday so I didn't have time to do a photo. And the weekend was so busy.

And I've been swamped at work too so I don't know if I can keep up with daily pictures anymore. LOL ;D
aww! That's too bad. Post when you can....

There's too many threads now and I can't keep up either... but, we can always play catch up.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Summerberry your husband may like seeing you dress up. My husband always tease me about dressing up because when he first met me I rarely dress up and wasn't into makeup.

I got rid of most of my clothes that is outdated and then I never got around to buying new ones only because I didn't feel like I need it because I'm not working or anything.  My make up right now is only consist of 5-8 different shade of nude lipstick and my 2nd set of bare mineral foundation that I haven't even touch since I reorder.  I see my daughter trying to open it one day and touch it that I had to tell her No! along with trying to taste out those lipstick.  I like myself natural better and putting on make up make me look like a clown or maybe I just don't play around with it much. 

Clothes I'm not that worry about finding and searching but it will take time to find what is right for my body but problem will probably be shoes which I have to order online.  I like boots a lot but find them sometime the calf is width and not tight.

I'm giving myself a $200 budget to start a little here and there this weekend and see what I can find but mostly it will be at Forever 21 and H & M and clearance rack.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1868 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

I'm giving myself a $200 budget to start a little here and there this weekend and see what I can find but mostly it will be at Forever 21 and H & M and clearance rack.

Sounds fun.  Don't be scared to try on everything... that's the only way to figure out what looks good on your body and what doesn't.  I usually take a cartfull (Ross, TJMaxx, and Marshall) and walk out with one or two pieces that fit properly and is what I like only...

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »
Summerberry- What you mention about your daughter, she sound like a little fashionista.

Yes she is but I have to limited her shopping because I rather have her dress more appropriate for school then having a closet like she's going out or too much skin.  Many time she has clothes that I never agree to buy for her or think she would buy such clothes.  You give her $40 she come home with only 2 shirt. 

I save her photo on my file so I'll tried to upload a few of her........... . One thing I don't know how people pull off wearing those tank top or shirt that look all width and loose like falling off......... She has so many of those in her closet and not my thing.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1870 on: May 14, 2012, 01:46:07 PM »
I got rid of most of my clothes that is outdated and then I never got around to buying new ones only because I didn't feel like I need it because I'm not working or anything.  My make up right now is only consist of 5-8 different shade of nude lipstick and my 2nd set of bare mineral foundation that I haven't even touch since I reorder.  I see my daughter trying to open it one day and touch it that I had to tell her No! along with trying to taste out those lipstick.  I like myself natural better and putting on make up make me look like a clown or maybe I just don't play around with it much. 

Clothes I'm not that worry about finding and searching but it will take time to find what is right for my body but problem will probably be shoes which I have to order online.  I like boots a lot but find them sometime the calf is width and not tight.

Summerberry. You should try Ann Taylor and Loft. Sometime you can find good deal there.  I think you are smaller than me. You should try the petite 00 at Ann Taylor and Loft.
$200 is a good budget to start with.

Nordstorm Rack has a one day small shoe day event where they bring out all shoes sizes that are 5 and smaller and sale them. You should check out Nordstorm Event calendar.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
Forever21 Blazer & Necklace
Walmart T-shirt - kinda of long so I have to fold in the bottom.
American Eagle Jean
Ann Taylor Peep Toe Bootie

The white shirt I'm wearing I actually had to pull it up a little higher and pull it in the back to tied it with a band.  My daughter wear it loose but with a cami tank because of the v-neck.  It light and almost see through that you can almost see my bra.........

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
Summerberry... I am so jealous... you look great for just having had a baby.  We finally get to see you!!! yay!

Thanks but you don't want to see my tummy.  I hate that I have burning marks that left scar on my tummy from a jingle bell for me during my 2nd year of marriage.  To this day I told my husband I would never participate in such thing if it was for me because I don't like it or believe it is necessary.   

LadyLionness

« Reply #1873 on: May 14, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
I was thinking about merging this thread with the fashion thread and only keep the current challenge thread current.  What do you ladies think?

Yay or Nay?

LadyLionness

« Reply #1874 on: May 14, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
Whte House Black Market runs fairly small too... you should also try there.  Limited might be a good place too... not sure how small they go... but they have different cut so you may fit into one of the cut there... I am hippy so I am either a Cassidy Cut or a lexie cut...

Advertisements