Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717636 times)

sunsets

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1935 on: May 16, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
I was short on time this morning so I throw this simple Forever21 dress and add a belt all within 10 minutes.

Forever 21
The Limited Belt
AT Navy Pump

I really like this dress RW!

I can never find anything like that where I'm at.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #1936 on: May 16, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »
Booya! Was busy so couldn't come on to comment, but I like what I see.

SUKIE, thanks for sharing!  See it's not so bad, right? Once you get over the first pic, then the rest comes much more easily.  I just wish the pic was expanded more so that we could see the overall outfit.  It appears that you have a flare for being sassy with that touch of leopard necklace!  :D

RW, I like your lace skirt outfit with the collar necklace. Someone said that they compete with each other, but I think they actually paired up pretty nicely.... it makes the whole ensemble look like something from a victorian period (as mentioned) because the lace and the intricate patterns on the necklace play off each other perfectly.  I like that it makes your collar-less blouse look like it has a collar.  Your outfit makes you look very womanly, soft and romantic. 

LL, about your NW ruffle peplum blazer, it's beautiful and you wore it very nicely, but here are some of my thoughts on this blazer.  To me, it just seems a little bit busy with too many elements going on in the front.  I like the ruffle lapels and the peplum together, and they give a good visual interest, but the belt is distracting, esp with those wide belt loops on the front.   I wish they were more to the inside arm area so they could be hidden by the arms and not sticking out like sore thumbs in the front.  I also think the blue color peeking out from the sleeves and the bottom is distracting and makes the overall look appear disheveled and unfinished (or unrefined?).  And maybe you could opt for a different top instead of tshirt.   I'm glad you went the vivid blue against the black (instead of  demure looking color) but the tshirt material is too noticeable (cheap?) against that nice shiny, satin material.  BUT, It makes a strong powerful suit without wearing an actual suit.  I love the overall concept though. Oh and try it with the black boots. I think the boots would make it an KILLA outfit!  Ok, sorry, this is so lengthy! *running away now*

go-go

« Reply #1937 on: May 16, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
I was short on time this morning so I throw this simple Forever21 dress and add a belt all within 10 minutes.

Forever 21
The Limited Belt
AT Navy Pump

ok before I run away, I think this is a nice enough dress, but it appears too matronly on the top half and too much dress overall for your small frame.

go-go

« Reply #1938 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »
Simple today.  Navy blue sportcoat, light blue polo, pleated khakis, tan calf skin loafers. 

*sniff*
Men who dress nice often smell nice.

no flirt.

go-go

« Reply #1939 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:53 PM »
Did I miss this outfit? Man... this thread moves way fast, I only go back like 2-3 pages to keep up!

I do too, but I think it's because I wasn't here for 2 days and so I didn't think I missed anything.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1940 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
Booya! Was busy so couldn't come on to comment, but I like what I see.

SUKIE, thanks for sharing!  See it's not so bad, right? Once you get over the first pic, then the rest comes much more easily.  I just wish the pic was expanded more so that we could see the overall outfit.  It appears that you have a flare for being sassy with that touch of leopard necklace!  :D

RW, I like your lace skirt outfit with the collar necklace. Someone said that they compete with each other, but I think they actually paired up pretty nicely.... it makes the whole ensemble look like something from a victorian period (as mentioned) because the lace and the intricate patterns on the necklace play off each other perfectly.  I like that it makes your collar-less blouse look like it has a collar.  Your outfit makes you look very womanly, soft and romantic. 

LL, about your NW ruffle peplum blazer, it's beautiful and you wore it very nicely, but here are some of my thoughts on this blazer.  To me, it just seems a little bit busy with too many elements going on in the front.  I like the ruffle lapels and the peplum together, and they give a good visual interest, but the belt is distracting, esp with those wide belt loops on the front.   I wish they were more to the inside arm area so they could be hidden by the arms and not sticking out like sore thumbs in the front.  I also think the blue color peeking out from the sleeves and the bottom is distracting and makes the overall look appear disheveled and unfinished (or unrefined?).  And maybe you could opt for a different top instead of tshirt.   I'm glad you went the vivid blue against the black (instead of  demure looking color) but the tshirt material is too noticeable (cheap?) against that nice shiny, satin material.  BUT, It makes a strong powerful suit without wearing an actual suit.  I love the overall concept though. Oh and try it with the black boots. I think the boots would make it an KILLA outfit!  Ok, sorry, this is so lengthy! *running away now*

Thanks Thajyeeb. I do love the clothes from the Victorian Era.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1941 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

ok before I run away, I think this is a nice enough dress, but it appears too matronly on the top half and too much dress overall for your small frame.

You have a good eye. The dress is big. I need to get it alter but haven't have time.

Lavender

« Reply #1942 on: May 16, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

My outfit from Wal-Mart.  :)

Like this post: +1

go-go

« Reply #1943 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
Armani Code
Hugo Boss Soul

8)
Nice. I figured as much.
my hubby wears those too but his fave is the Acqua di Gio.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 16, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »
Ron Burgundy and pea-gravel you gentlemen looks very handsome.

Summerberry - You have a great collection of shoes.

TY RW.  I think you look great and would have never thought you were only 4' 11". ;)

When I have a good full shot, I will post.  My son is 5'11" and I'm 6'.  8)

OldVeggies

« Reply #1945 on: May 16, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
nice fotos everyone....
not sure if i will contribute to this here thread...

but i'll definitely contribute to the camo challenge thread....

go-go

« Reply #1946 on: May 16, 2012, 04:51:38 PM »

My outfit from Wal-Mart.  :)
Your waist appears amazingly tiny!  I'll bet the tie is higher, like at the empire waist level, right? It does wonders for you.  And your medallion necklace brings the focus right to your tiny waist.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:54:40 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #1947 on: May 16, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
You have a good eye. The dress is big. I need to get it alter but haven't have time.

thanks, though honestly, I feel like I'm too critical of everyone's outfit.  I feel bad, but I am hoping that we're all here to learn from each other and to get a fresh pov from others on how we look.

PS: Sorry everyone if I say too much... blame it on some of these crazy overly critical fashion blogs.   ;D

go-go

« Reply #1948 on: May 16, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
My outfit for the Graduation Dinner for my students. I know it more dressy than casual.

Ann Taylor Dress
Forever21 Necklace
Zara Sandals

Ohh Great pieces, RW! I love the dress and the shoe!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:55:21 PM by thajyeeb »

LadyLionness

« Reply #1949 on: May 16, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
OV, you said last week that you had an idea already...  :'( :'( :'(

Advertisements