Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717588 times)

go-go

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1950 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:45 PM »
Lav - love the look!

Thajyeeb - I don't think you are too critical. I think it's ok to give feedback. But maybe be careful who you give it to. LOL!  ;D I mean, for me personally... I love getting feedbacks I gladly accept it. It takes a lot to offend me.  :D

awwww (the hmong word for "yes mommy"). 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #1951 on: May 16, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
Lav,

I actually like that blue outfit alot... And I think the length is perfect... keep them coming...

Thajyeeb, I like the uniqueness of that blazer, including all the aspects that you pointed out... I do agree with you on the "cheapness of the t-shirt," but in a way... b/c the suit jacket is so formal, I needed to "dumb it down."  I like mixing super fancy pieces with really casual pieces... gives more mileage to my wardrobe... as for the sexy boots...lolz.. . it's a bit too sexy for work for me... everybody comes to work in jeans, t-shirt and gym shoes... I am one of the more dressier people there... sometimes the only one.

go-go

« Reply #1952 on: May 16, 2012, 05:59:38 PM »
Lav,

I actually like that blue outfit alot... And I think the length is perfect... keep them coming...

Thajyeeb, I like the uniqueness of that blazer, including all the aspects that you pointed out... I do agree with you on the "cheapness of the t-shirt," but in a way... b/c the suit jacket is so formal, I needed to "dumb it down."  I like mixing super fancy pieces with really casual pieces... gives more mileage to my wardrobe... as for the sexy boots...lolz.. . it's a bit too sexy for work for me... everybody comes to work in jeans, t-shirt and gym shoes... I am one of the more dressier people there... sometimes the only one.
Yes everyone has different tastes.  I'm like to mix fancy pieces with casual pieces too, but I just think the jesery material against a satin is....... odd.  Also, I didn't mean to over criticize the outfit...I'm just giving it a critical look regardless of who is wearing it.

PS: I don't think the jacket looks formal ... to me, the ruffles and peplum speaks fun, flirty (not the "flirty" that is defined in PH), womanly, romantic but the satin and the belt speaks sophisticated and polish. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:06:42 PM by thajyeeb »

cali_lady

« Reply #1953 on: May 16, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
Lavendar, i love ur Walmart outfit...never thought about shopping there except for house necessities, next time i should check out their clothing lines

LadyLionness

« Reply #1954 on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
The jacket was on clearance, so it's a size too big... would not be able to wear it without the belt.  We shall see if I end up picking up the one that is a size too small... lolz.. they are out of my size... the one that is too small can be worn without the belt and left open, but not this one.  I will try the blazer with something more streamlined and see how that looks.

Just had a thought... let me try it with the belt tied back like a normal trench and see how that plays off... might negative the fact that it's a bit loose...

Thajyeeb... I would say... go ahead and critique those of us old timer all you want b/c we have been posting and will continue to post... be gentle on the newbies... lolz...

go-go

« Reply #1955 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »

Thajyeeb... I would say... go ahead and critique those of us old timer all you want b/c we have been posting and will continue to post... be gentle on the newbies... lolz...
awww (hmong word) I will be gentle.
PH is too sensitive and I should realize that by now.  *knock myself on the head*

Thabyeej, it's nice to hear other's opinions.  Sometimes we think we look good, but our eyes don't see what others see.  I don't view your suggestions as criticizing another person's style.  Even celebrities with stylists dressing them get it wrong too!  I rather you give me an honest opinion or suggestion on how to rework the pieces than simply saying, you look great!  ;)
I understand and I think that's why I'm overly outspoken in here -- it is because I read those fashion blogs that critiques the celebrities.   ;D   When I come here, I tend to let my opinions fly free as I do on those blogs too...  :2funny:

Reload Wife

« Reply #1956 on: May 16, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »
Lav - I adore the look and colors.

Thaijyeeb- I don't think you are being too critical. I am glad that you give me feedback. It great way to see what is wrong with the outfit and what changes I can make.  I don't mind constructive criticism.  What I don't like is people that are made rude comments example. that outfit is ugly. Ok what make this outfit ugly?

Reload Wife

« Reply #1957 on: May 16, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »
Ohh Great pieces, RW! I love the dress and the shoe!

Thanks Thajyeeb. I love the line details on dress.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #1958 on: May 16, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »
Brown slacks
Light brown long-sleeve  pussybow blouse
Peach orange vest
Dressy Brown wedges

shesaid

« Reply #1959 on: May 16, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »
Reload's Wife- LOVE your outfits as usual, but was just wondering.... how are you snapping a self picture when you're outside? 

LadyLionness

« Reply #1960 on: May 16, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
PF, I can totally picture that... especially now that I saw your hourglass figure...

Share pix whenever you can...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:24:27 AM by LadyLionness »

Lavender

« Reply #1961 on: May 16, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
I don't know how to describe the top.  I think it's a dress shirt.  It's grey.  The vest is also grey.  I wore brown tight.  Ummmm the vest adds style to the plain dress shirt.  Without the vest, the dress shirt is plain and doesn't have sytle. 

That's not my waist.  It's actually tied higher than my waist. 

It's comfortable.  :)

I have not been exercising and eating more.  ;D  I think I look bigger in this picture.  ;D

Lavender

« Reply #1962 on: May 16, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
Nej cov duab ne?  ;D

Lavender

« Reply #1963 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »
Reload Wife,

By the way, I love your dress that you wore today.  It's very beautiful and the prints are pretty. 

______________ ___
Ummmm 15 guests reading this thread.  ;D O0  Long thread I must say.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1964 on: May 17, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
Lav, your whole out looked navy blue on my screen.  I like it as is... and if you are even smaller than that... that we need some body skimming outfits on your sexy bod... lolz!

Advertisements