Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717874 times)

Lavender

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2130 on: May 21, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t have many accessories and don’t know how to accessorized myself so I’m always plain.

I have another black heels that I think works better with the dress but I didn’t have that shoe with me at the time I took the pick and I agreed; the dress is a little elegant to be wearing that vera wang shoe with it.  If I do wear that dress for a night out, I wouldn’t be wearing that shoes in the pic but the more elegant one I have at home.

Thank you sis.  I was looking forward on seeing you with the shoes and your dress.  You are awesome and beautiful.  I appreciate your sharing. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Finest

« Reply #2131 on: May 21, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
I will sell my soul to you if you tell me who mystery girl #2 is..

Dude, look at the file name.   ;D

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #2132 on: May 21, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
In regards to the H&M tops, I wear almost the biggest size they offer, so they usually have plenty available in my size haha. Their European sizes are kind of confusing but my rule of thumb is I buy one size bigger than my pant size. So...since I wear a size 10 in pants (yeah yeah I know), I buy the size 12 in tops. Works out fine for me. I hate trying on clothes at H&M...the lines are always so long!

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: May 21, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
In regards to the H&M tops, I wear almost the biggest size they offer, so they usually have plenty available in my size haha. Their European sizes are kind of confusing but my rule of thumb is I buy one size bigger than my pant size. So...since I wear a size 10 in pants (yeah yeah I know), I buy the size 12 in tops. Works out fine for me. I hate trying on clothes at H&M...the lines are always so long!

True the line is long and slow.  I have to wait for my daughter a few time so while she is in line I killed time just by looking at handbags and accessories.  I have to check my daughter H&M clothes to see the size she's wearing to get an idea.

Lav- great church dress! If I go to church on Sundays, I'd use that as an excuse to dress up too.

Trouble - love how you showed the transition of plain to complete! Adding the jacket and the scarf definitely completed the outfit!

Reload - glad you kept the sandals! Love that pop of color.

Summerberry - don't be turned off by the online pricing you see at Loft. It is pricey but know that they always always have sales. I have many pieces from Loft and I've never paid full price for anything. On average, most things I've bought from that store are about $20 after discounts.

What are way to get discount?  I actually want a few pants and pencil skirt that can never go wrong from those website but even if its on sale its still anywhere between $40-50 when regular price are like $70-80.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: May 21, 2012, 04:21:44 PM »
Hope the picture is still there......... .

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: May 21, 2012, 04:24:11 PM »
Thanks ladies. unfortunately I only dress up to show y'all. Probably will never get to wear it out as I don't think I'll be going out.  :'(

I bought the dress at F21 for about $20 and vera wang shoe for about $50. They have the dress in few different color but can't go wrong with a little black dress. I would like it in red but they didn't have it in red, only in blue, peach and few other colors I can't remember.

You can never go wrong with a black dress and that why I have to search for at least 2-3.  Gosh.....why does the mall have to be so far from here that I have to make time to drive out.......... I wish I could just order online but hate disappointed and return.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: May 21, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
Trouble......... I really like your style of clothing even though they are kind of pricey but the quality look good.  I think store like Ann Taylor, Gap, Limited and Express is out of my price range only because I don't work but if I still have cc then purchasing a little here and there from time to time wouldn't be problem because its good to have a few piece of their wardrobe that can be mixed and wear more often.  I like the pencil skirt but check it on their website and even on sale is still almost close to $50 but I have to check it at the store vs. ordering it online for a black one.

Are you saying your scarf from Jo-Ann fabric are usually just sewn?  Do you just measure the size with another scarf?  I don't think the price is bad if a yard of fabric is all it take to get a scarf.  It does give you more variety of print to your own taste.

summerberry, here's a couple of outfits that's very affordable.  i like to mix and match different brands also.

first pic-casual:  cami (jcp), sweater (target), mossimo capri (target), scarf (jo-ann fabrics)
second pic-semi:  shirt (jcp), vest (limited), mossimo capri (target)

all this is under $80 (excluding shoes/jewelry).  the target capris fit like the talbot ones but the fabric is different.  you can find some really nice things but you will have to take the time to look for it.  there are some good deals online but i know what you mean when you say you want to see them in person.  i'm cautious about sizing online too.   :(  you can also get discounts if you sign up on their e-mail list.   O0

in regards to the scarves, i'm a bit picky on the type of fabric and design.  i couldn't find anything that i really liked so i decided to create my own.....saving money on this was a plus.   ;D   O0  you just have to figure how long you want the scarf and what type of fabric/design you want.  mine was about a yard and a half.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: May 21, 2012, 04:56:20 PM »
summerberry, here's a couple of outfits that's very affordable.  i like to mix and match different brands also.

first pic-casual:  cami (jcp), sweater (target), mossimo capri (target), scarf (jo-ann fabrics)
second pic-semi:  shirt (jcp), vest (limited), mossimo capri (target)

all this is under $80 (excluding shoes/jewelry).  the target capris fit like the talbot ones but the fabric is different.  you can find some really nice things but you will have to take the time to look for it.  there are some good deals online but i know what you mean when you say you want to see them in person.  i'm cautious about sizing online too.   :(  you can also get discounts if you sign up on their e-mail list.   O0

in regards to the scarves, i'm a bit picky on the type of fabric and design.  i couldn't find anything that i really liked so i decided to create my own.....saving money on this was a plus.   ;D   O0  you just have to figure how long you want the scarf and what type of fabric/design you want.  mine was about a yard and a half.

You people seem to find Target clothes Mossimo very fitting but I was there this morning to killed an hour break for myself looking though and nothing seem to be in my size.  Juniors clothes are too kiddie for me and then women/ladies are too big and just not my taste.  I'm trying to stay away from Juniors clothes because they don't give you that professional or casual look that I want and can never go wrong.

What style are your DKNY jean you wear earlier?  I have 2 pair of the slimming but then I feel like throwing them away because I have no hip or butt to fill it up and only the leg slim on me but upper top is too loose. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #2138 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »
Summerberry- H&M has a good return policy.  If something doesn't fit you can always return them.
In regards to getting additional discount. You can signed up for their e-mail and wait for the holiday. Ann Taylor and Loft usually offers an additional 40 % entire store during holiday.

Trouble - Love your outfits and best part are they are under $80.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: May 21, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »
You people seem to find Target clothes Mossimo very fitting but I was there this morning to killed an hour break for myself looking though and nothing seem to be in my size.  Juniors clothes are too kiddie for me and then women/ladies are too big and just not my taste.  I'm trying to stay away from Juniors clothes because they don't give you that professional or casual look that I want and can never go wrong.

What style are your DKNY jean you wear earlier?  I have 2 pair of the slimming but then I feel like throwing them away because I have no hip or butt to fill it up and only the leg slim on me but upper top is too loose. 

unfortunately, i can't really suggest any good petite-size clothing stores.   :(   the mossimo line fits me ok, but i'm a bit picky on what i wear so there's only a few things i have in that line.  like i said earlier, you'll have to try different brands/stores to find which ones fit you well, it's trial and error....

the dkny jeans i have are the soho skinny.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Reload Wife

« Reply #2140 on: May 21, 2012, 05:30:40 PM »
Ark&Co Blazer from a little boutique called Angl
Forever 21 Dress
Delia Necklace
The Limited Bracelet
Unknown heart bracelet from Ross

Reload Wife

« Reply #2141 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
unfortunately, i can't really suggest any good petite-size clothing stores.   :(   the mossimo line fits me ok, but i'm a bit picky on what i wear so there's only a few things i have in that line.  like i said earlier, you'll have to try different brands/stores to find which ones fit you well, it's trial and error....

The petite friendly stores are Ann Taylor and Loft. You can find a few things at H&M but they may require alternation to the length.

Target clothes are hit and miss for me.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2142 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:31 PM »
Trouble,  thanks for sharing.  Loving the black heels and the classy prep feel of the second pairing.  You look really tall; mind me asking how tall you are?

RW, maybe it's just me, but H&M USA, we can order online now?  I don't recall seeing the shop icon on the site?  Or have I been visiting the wrong site?  Please share link if there's online shop because I most times what I find online, I can never find in the stores.  Thanks.

Sukie - There is no online H&M store for the USA at this time. The online store is suppose to open Fall 2012.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »
Summerberry, how far is the closest mall to your locale?  The fit of juniors and kids are not made for the curves of a woman's body, but sometimes when you are extra petite, certain brand's kids sizing can be more flattering in comparisons to women's petite.  Check Macy's Junior's section.  Sometimes they have nice juniors business wear that will work well on petite women.  As trouble suggested, you just have to try different stores.  Good luck.

Either up north to Modesto which is about 30-45 min. depending on your driving speed.  If not then south to Fresno about 45- an hour.  I prefer Modesto Mall because it just right off the exit on the fwy while Fresno is too far off the exit of the fwy going toward Clovis and CSU Fresno.  I never been to their mall.  Our mall is just small with no women apparel store that you like beside Kohls, Sears, JCPenny, NY & Co and Lane Bryant.  NY & CO.  they carried the average size and hardly any petite because they are targeting customers in that area the most so if you want petite you have to order online.  They also have Wet Seal which is a store I used to shop when I wasn't married otherwise other clothing store they have there is like those typical Korean owner that have fashion and not really something you would want for the long run.  I used to be able to buy my jeans and tops there years ago but it look like they change it a little and just not my style or don't fit me anymore.  JCPenny petite is too pob laus when it come to their tops but not sweater.  Sears and Kohls.......ne ver like those 2 store.

I don't think my DKNY jean are the soho kind then because I have a darker one that I like and then recently order a lighter color one that still has tags on but never got around to wearing it because I was pregnant at that time.  I know different store has different size and they are not always the same fit but its going to take me some time to get use to finding what store size fit me and everything.  Mall are just too far and not like I can just go in the evening for a break while husband and kids are home.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2144 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »
RW, loving the mustard yellow and the scallop edges of your lapel-less blazer.  I like the outfit overall, and I'm not sure what, but feels like something is missing?  Maybe a belt? Not a skinny belt, but wider one?

Thanks for sharing!

The dress has a gold belt with a bow that come with it but I think the belt may be too much.  I was thinking about adding a belt but didn't have time this morning.

Advertisements