Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717716 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2160 on: May 22, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
Fabi, love... I like the little black dress with the shoes.  It's true the dress is elegant, but that's the beauty of accessories... to change the "look" of the dress... I prefer this and then adding your leather jacket... preferably a black one...

Makes it less girly and more wearable for more causal events... then you can wear it with a blazer and classic pumps for a more formal occassion...

Try it with a denim jacket, brown ankle boots, brown belt and a brown purse...cross body or boho will give it a more casual look... maybe out and about at the mall or something... have fun with it... that's the beauty of clothing... it's not permanent... you can take it off...hehehee

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #2161 on: May 22, 2012, 12:42:54 AM »
Summerberry, for kids sizes that might look good on us... I like The Limited Too for kids... the new name is called Justice... they have really nice jeans and clothing...

I own a really great pair of flora embroidered jeans from there.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2162 on: May 22, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »
This is a tough one!  I might have to hop into the better half's waders for this one!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Now, that would be absolutely sexy...

Fabioretta

« Reply #2163 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
Fabi, love... I like the little black dress with the shoes.  It's true the dress is elegant, but that's the beauty of accessories... to change the "look" of the dress... I prefer this and then adding your leather jacket... preferably a black one...

Makes it less girly and more wearable for more causal events... then you can wear it with a blazer and classic pumps for a more formal occassion...

Try it with a denim jacket, brown ankle boots, brown belt and a brown purse...cross body or boho will give it a more casual look... maybe out and about at the mall or something... have fun with it... that's the beauty of clothing... it's not permanent... you can take it off...hehehee

Thanks for the suggestions.  As I’ve mentioned, I’m a little too plain and simple and don’t know how to accessorized my clothes and it’s too much work.

Yes, I think little black dresses especially this one are very versatile and can work with almost anything and any type of outing.

JustMe

« Reply #2164 on: May 22, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
So sexy Fab..

Reload Wife

« Reply #2165 on: May 22, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
ladies, it was great to see everyone's personal style and fashion.  keep them coming.   ;)

I agreed with you.  Ladies how come no one else is contributing ?

Reload Wife

« Reply #2166 on: May 22, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
I truly adore this outfit.  Very beautiful and rare.  :)  I love everything about it.

Thanks Lavender.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
Summerberry, for kids sizes that might look good on us... I like The Limited Too for kids... the new name is called Justice... they have really nice jeans and clothing...

I own a really great pair of flora embroidered jeans from there.

I will look into the store directory at Modesto Mall to see if there is one called Justice.  Might remind me of a store sign almost similar to Journey's.  I went to Kohls last night before picking up my husband medication and my mom from Dr. Lee house......... . Kohls petite section is like pog laus to me too and their size are still too big.  I saw a top that I really want to tried in PXS but the color that I like there wasn't anymore.  I guess no more Kohls, Sears and JCPenny and good thing I don't go to the mall here.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2168 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »
Sorry ladies. I've been so busy at work! I have a huge project I've been working on that will last til mid summer, so I haven't been able to take pix. Plus, I hate taking a photo in the restrooms here. And my outfits have been so blah and boring.

Today wearing black top, black slacks, and a grey/white striped cardigan and my beige sandals. When I got to work I realized my beige sandals does not even go with my outfit. LOL... Geesh, what was I thinking! I have some black heels here I can switch into but my beige sandals are soooo comforty I don't want to take them off. Oh wells, I can be mis-match today.

I picked up a super cute bracelet from H&M over the weekend - it's gold & yellow links so I'm wearing it today w/ my mis-match outfit.  ;D

Same here... lolz...

LadyLionness

« Reply #2169 on: May 22, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »
I will look into the store directory at Modesto Mall to see if there is one called Justice.  Might remind me of a store sign almost similar to Journey's.  I went to Kohls last night before picking up my husband medication and my mom from Dr. Lee house......... . Kohls petite section is like pog laus to me too and their size are still too big.  I saw a top that I really want to tried in PXS but the color that I like there wasn't anymore.  I guess no more Kohls, Sears and JCPenny and good thing I don't go to the mall here.

I agree with you... all their petite clothing are pog laus only... I mainly stick or regular... the higher end clothing brands have good petite... but they run larger... so if you are extremely skinny... that won't work either.  Who would have thought being super skinny like you is a draw back... (makes us fat ladies feel better... hehehe).

LadyLionness

« Reply #2170 on: May 22, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  As I’ve mentioned, I’m a little too plain and simple and don’t know how to accessorized my clothes and it’s too much work.

Yes, I think little black dresses especially this one are very versatile and can work with almost anything and any type of outing.

It takes time... when I was still learning... when I buy somethin new like this dress or your leather jacket... I will go and google it to see how other people are wearing it... then I save those pictures and try to find the pieces that I can re-create similar looks.  Now, most of my clothing go with each other and it's much easier getting dressed in the morning and still wearing the style that I want.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 22, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »

I agree with you... all their petite clothing are pog laus only... I mainly stick or regular... the higher end clothing brands have good petite... but they run larger... so if you are extremely skinny... that won't work either.  Who would have thought being super skinny like you is a draw back... (makes us fat ladies feel better... hehehe).

It is a big draw back because you expect petite to be smaller size than regular women size but sometime they are bigger depending on brand and store.  I don't really like Juniors clothing because that what my daughter is already wearing unless there is a few pant or top that can look more like business like then I don't mind.

Maybe afternoon when I drop off my son at preschool I will drive straight to Fashion Bug to see what they have because Lavendar seen to wear a few pieces from there and since its the same shopping complex as Marshalls then I'll check it too.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2172 on: May 22, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »
Cobble... I could see with working with a green or brown shirt... out on the city street and a fedora hat or something...

That shirt... with jeans and a navy blazer would be so city hot...

Reload Wife

« Reply #2173 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
Sorry ladies. I've been so busy at work! I have a huge project I've been working on that will last til mid summer, so I haven't been able to take pix. Plus, I hate taking a photo in the restrooms here. And my outfits have been so blah and boring.

Today wearing black top, black slacks, and a grey/white striped cardigan and my beige sandals. When I got to work I realized my beige sandals does not even go with my outfit. LOL... Geesh, what was I thinking! I have some black heels here I can switch into but my beige sandals are soooo comforty I don't want to take them off. Oh wells, I can be mis-match today.

I picked up a super cute bracelet from H&M over the weekend - it's gold & yellow links so I'm wearing it today w/ my mis-match outfit.  ;D

Good luck with your project.  I hate taking picture in the restroom here too. I'm always worry someone would walk in and see me taking picture of myself. -awkward  :-[

There is nothing wrong with being mis-match. I think I'm always wearing mis-match clothes.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: May 22, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Kohls does not have a good petite selection at all. Very pog laus. I see a lot of elastic waistbands in their petite sections! No thanks!

I looked at Sears petite a few months ago and wasn't impressed either. It reminds me of Kohls, the clothing looked too old fashion.

JCP is a hit/miss. And I think it depends on the store and area. I live in a big city and the JCP by my house is well stocked and the petite section is pretty big. They have some clothes that are pog laus but they also have some decent stuff. I've bought skirts and pants from JCP petite before and it doesn't look pog laus.

The JCP across town is smaller and their petite section is very pog laus, again...elasti c waistband and polyester pants or wild design blouses.

Our JCPenny is a small section for Petite and very pog laus about the size of my master bedroom or even smaller.  Only store left to check out if Lane Bryant and NY & CO but I already know its too big so I'm not bothering with it and hopefully I can find some time this weekend to go shopping out of town or even to the outlet.  PH really got me hook up that I must do a little shopping to have a few pieces of wardrobe these day.

Advertisements