Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717552 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2805 on: June 26, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
maxis for girls
bermudas for boys???

Hmm.... maybe...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

go-go

« Reply #2806 on: June 26, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
yes this jacket is a bit long in the sleeves and in the hem length, and not fitted in the waist. It's actually quite baggy in the waist area, unless I button the jacket and I don't like to button it up because, as you can clearly see, it makes me look so stiff! It was a 50% sale that day, and I had 30 mins, so I just tried it on really quick and paid for it and left.  Now, I wished I had not bought it.  I guess I will wear it to funerals and such...

ps: it's perfectly fine to critique my outfit/clothes as you see it... sometimes, you may see something that I didn't see.  I don't mind critiques on my outfits at all.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:34:49 PM by thajyeeb »

go-go

« Reply #2807 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
awww you are so sweet!  :-*

the rainboot! Duh, why didn't I think of that?  I was thinking that it looked a lot like the siv ceeb on a Hmong hat, do you know what I mean? But, I shook it out of my head because it made no sense whatsoever!   :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #2808 on: June 26, 2012, 03:45:43 PM »
Lolz... I see fashion as a very personal thing... and to me, it may look a tad to long and baggy, but you may like it that way. 

In the beginning of my fashion discovery way... I bought so many ill-fitted jackets... and you don't know that until you have bought a few that fits good... now, now matter how much a love the color, material or style, if it doesn't fit my body right, I won't buy it.  I like a "rich" classic look... so if the clothes I am trying on don't impart that feel, I don't buy it.

One thing I notice about you is that you THINK you have junk in the middle so you tend to wear loose clothing that "hides" that.  You are actually quite trim... way skinnier than me... you should wear clothing that are more fitted or body skimming... the trick is the material and cut... and higher end clothing line...

The lower clothing line... although the clothes look the same as the higher end on the  hangers... it fits the body totally differently.  Lower end clothing cuts and squeeze the body in the wrong places... while the higher end clothing line skims over the trouble spot and creates a nice trim shape.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2809 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
Yes, I don't like to button or zip my jackets either... I always wear them open... even trench coats...

go-go

« Reply #2810 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
LOL!  old lady like! Ha!  :2funny:  That jacket is good to look at, but not good looking on me. Sad but true.  I guess it's the way I was standing -  so plain and fobby - combined with the jacket.  Also.........I take my picture in my office, with a self-timer-- 10 FULL SECONDS of it.  I had to do it quickly before anyone walked by...imagine how awkward that would be?   :2funny:

go-go

« Reply #2811 on: June 26, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »
Lolz... I see fashion as a very personal thing... and to me, it may look a tad to long and baggy, but you may like it that way. 

In the beginning of my fashion discovery way... I bought so many ill-fitted jackets... and you don't know that until you have bought a few that fits good... now, now matter how much a love the color, material or style, if it doesn't fit my body right, I won't buy it.  I like a "rich" classic look... so if the clothes I am trying on don't impart that feel, I don't buy it.

One thing I notice about you is that you THINK you have junk in the middle so you tend to wear loose clothing that "hides" that.  You are actually quite trim... way skinnier than me... you should wear clothing that are more fitted or body skimming... the trick is the material and cut... and higher end clothing line...

The lower clothing line... although the clothes look the same as the higher end on the  hangers... it fits the body totally differently.  Lower end clothing cuts and squeeze the body in the wrong places... while the higher end clothing line skims over the trouble spot and creates a nice trim shape.

LL, I know what you're saying about fashion being personal.  But sometimes, I think it would good if others with different eyes and tastes point something out to you, something that may have totally went unnoticed for a long time.  At least, that is how I am.  Others may not like it, but I always appreciate people telling me something that needs correcting on my part, whether it's from my sister or from a stranger.  I may not like it at that moment, but I appreciate in the end because it's for the better of me.  Plus, if it was given sincerely and honestly, then I know they were just looking out for me.  I appreciate honesty like that.

And, you're very kind to say that I don't have junk in the middle, but yes, I DO have junk in the middle.  A big one too.  I think (looking down at my junk in the middle right now) I'm about 2 months along.   :2funny:   I'm kidding.  I'm kidding.  I'm not preggo, just feel like I am with this extra weight.  And yes, you're right on the money, I've always tend to wear something baggy.  When I do wear something slimming, then I'm amazed at how slim I am, but then, I am very self-aware of myself too.  So, I always revert back to my normal way of dressing.  It's a stupid cycle that I've always battle with all my life. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #2812 on: June 26, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »
Lolz, Thayjeeb, I will keep that in mind.  My problem is that I am not very diplomatic... so I try to be careful... lolz!  I can come off as being abrasive if I am in too much of a hurry...

go-go

« Reply #2813 on: June 26, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
no worries.  we know you're not abrasive in the fashion threads....... .just very passionate!

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 26, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
O0 ... I thought I recognized those jeans LoL  I have a similar pair of AE.

they are so comfy, don't you agree?  hehehe....  ;)

It's been a long time since I posted up any outfits. It's back to being basic since summer is here and its hot as heck!  Finally did a little bit of dressing up, if you even call this "dressing up". Haha.  Basic tshirt with a skirt.  I was going to just wear a no-nonsense flat or even a flip flop, then decided to wear this peachy sandal instead to make it look like I actually put in some effort and because I have yet to wear this shoe to work!  Then after the shoes, I thought, heck, I might as well put on a blazer or a cardigan and a piece of necklace...so this is what I assembled today, going from one piece to another .... :D
But by the afternoon, I'll probably throw off the jacket, necklace and shoes (I have a pair of flip flops at work!) and back to being basic again... :D

Mossimo skirt
Old Navy black tshirt
NY&Co blazer & necklace
Etienne Aigner sandals

the way you describe it, this outfit is perfect for "from work to home."   you won't even need to change at all.  O0

You looks greats with cropped pant.

thanks.  those are really nice during these hot summer days.   ;D

It's has been awhile. Here is my outfit from the weekend. This is my second attempt at wearing a maxi skirt.

the pink and green looks really nice together.  i haven't tried maxi skirts yet and doubt i will since i don't think they look very good on me....   :(

@trouble, both outfits are nice, and look very comfy.

thanks, sukie.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
my outfit of the day....

f21 cami, h&m blazer, at cropped pants and pumps, napier earrings/necklace, limited bracelet, macy's ring

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #2816 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »
maxis for girls
bermudas for boys???

Sukie, how about:

Challenge #8:  Easy, Breezy, Beautiful!!!  Island Dressing

Maxi Skirt/ Dresses for the ladies and burmuda shorts or Haiwaiian shirts for guys?

It might be a bit hard... but should be fun!

Reload Wife

« Reply #2817 on: June 26, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »
they are so comfy, don't you agree?  hehehe....  ;)

the way you describe it, this outfit is perfect for "from work to home."   you won't even need to change at all.  O0

thanks.  those are really nice during these hot summer days.   ;D

the pink and green looks really nice together.  i haven't tried maxi skirts yet and doubt i will since i don't think they look very good on me....   :(

thanks, sukie.

Trouble - You have a great body. You can wear a maxi dress or skirt.

my outfit of the day....

f21 cami, h&m blazer, at cropped pants and pumps, napier earrings/necklace, limited bracelet, macy's ring

Simple but yet so chic.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2818 on: June 26, 2012, 07:47:48 PM »
Sukie, how about:

Challenge #8:  Easy, Breezy, Beautiful!!!  Island Dressing

Maxi Skirt/ Dresses for the ladies and burmuda shorts or Haiwaiian shirts for guys?

It might be a bit hard... but should be fun!

What a coincidence. My work place is having their annual summer party this Friday and the theme is Hawaiian.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2819 on: June 26, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
RW, I like your attempt at the maxi skirt! I love the freedom of a maxi, but I always look so pregnant in them.... *sigh*  I have 1 or 2 skirt/dresses, I will try to remember to take a pic when wear them next time.

Thaiyeeb I think you're being too hard on yourself. You just have to find the right one.

Advertisements