Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717966 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2955 on: August 23, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »
LadyLionness.. .omg you look so much like my cousin! This is crazy!!!

Maybe we are related?  Lolz... I get that a lot on PH here.. I think you are the third or fourth person who have said that... I have actually saw one that looks exactly like me... I only saw her from the side... when they pointed her out to me, I wanted to go and talk to her, but I was a teenager back then and scared... so I didn't...  :'(   I could have found my twin... even if from a different mother...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:49:40 PM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #2956 on: August 23, 2012, 04:51:23 PM »
This outfit would look better on a 6 yr old child.  :-X Sure, the lady is hot and everything, but...it just looks really OFF in my mind.

Ok, carry on.

Without the jacket, it does look childish... but I like it with the jacket...

I just like her philosophy about not following all the rules and wear what you like... whether people like it or not... b/c at the end of the day... you are happy with what yo are wearing.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2957 on: August 31, 2012, 04:26:44 AM »
Wore this to work yesterday...

1.  White Skinnies from Simply Vera.
2.  Apostrophe stripe hi-lo top from Sears.
3.  Apostrophe black tuxedo blazer from Sears.
4.  Black caged studded sandals from SOFFT.
5.  My two favorite necklaces... worn them all summer long, every day.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:23:46 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +1

shomac

« Reply #2958 on: August 31, 2012, 07:07:58 AM »

Cute outfit! You can't go wrong with black and white!  O0

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:24:36 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #2959 on: August 31, 2012, 08:33:45 AM »
ST, I do too, but could never find the one that looks right on me... this one is perfect... gonna go back and buy two more...

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: August 31, 2012, 04:00:24 PM »
LL nice outfit and are you allowed to wear open shoes toes like that for your workplace?  Sound like Sears clothing brand Apostrophe fit you well while it look like old ladies clothes to me sometime.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:03:17 PM by SummerBerry »

Lavender

« Reply #2961 on: August 31, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »

Very nice!  :)  You are sexy and beautiful.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:25:29 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #2962 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Shomac, true on black and white, but stripes can be so tricky to pull off...
Lav, thank you.  You always say the nicest thing.
SB, we aren't really supposed to... lolz... but we work in the front office so it's ok.  I keep a pair of steel toes shoes in my cubicle incase I need to run into the shop or climb on a locomotive.

And apostophe is hit or miss for me too... but the ones that works, they are some of my favorite pieces... SB, your frame is too small... that's probably why they look too pog laus on you...

LadyLionness

« Reply #2963 on: September 04, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
Layering Procedure For Winter    Every winter I am faced with the choice stay warm or stay stylish. I mean layers of bulky sweaters, scarves, and long johns don't add up to chic and sleek right? Well I have been working on layering the last couple of winter seasons and I think I finally have it figured out. Five lightweight layers (no bulk)that add up to a warm and toasty outfit.

Here's the layering procedure:

[/t]
Layer 1 and cheerleader pose. Am I harboring pent up desires to be a member of the pep squad? Nah! Just happy to be wearing two tanks to add warmth especially when one is a HEATTECH tank from UNIQLO.

[/t]
Steal this sweater from your dad, your brother, boyfriend or buy your own.  The only rules are to look for lightweight wool and to buy it slightly large.

[/t]
The first two layers are a little utilitarian, let layer 3 put the pretty and feminine back into the outfit.

[/t]
Buh-Bye neck see you in the spring!  I have been know to wear scarves around the house to keep cozy.  While scarves add bulk at least it's not at the mid-section or hip area of the outfit.

[/t]
It's blazer time (and cue cheesy smile)! You can also don a lightweight jacket or leather cropped jacket, it's your choice really! Just throw on a heavy winter coat when you are ready for the outdoors.
Items in Order of Appearence:
Tanks: Old Navy and UNIQLO
Pants: Mavi 'Alexa' Jeans
Boots: FRYE 'Carmen'
Cardigan: Ann Taylor
Kimono Jacket: Love on a Hanger
Scarf: Echo
Blazer: Ann Taylor
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

LadyLionness

« Reply #2964 on: September 04, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
Sweet Tears,

I have been thinking about what you were saying about it being cold... I am wondering if multiple layers like this is enough to keep me warm... what do you think?

Would this be enough to keep me warm?  Or do I really need to bring a winter coat?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:38:12 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #2965 on: September 04, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »
Here is another one...
 How to Layer with StyleNovember 15, 2011  By Sarah 6 Comments From c-c-c-cold to just frigid, the time of flouncy light t-shirts and cardigans has  come to an end…perhaps. We don’t all have an array of fanciful, think winter coats to choose from every morning, and while that’s a pity, there are plenty of ways to use pieces that are already in your closet to bundle up in style. Until spring, your best friends are coats, boots, scarves, and gloves, but the supporting actors are button ups, loose sweaters, thigh high socks, tights, turtlenecks, cardigans, belts, and vests. You know what else is  awesome about layering? With so many combinations possible, you may convince everyone that your wardrobe is a lot bigger than it actually is. Clever you!
Warning: Once you experience the joy of layering, you may never go back. You may become like me and layer all over the place, all the time, just because you love the way it looks. Remember to keep the base layers fitted and close to the body or you run the risk of going from cleverly dressed to frumpy. Please do try this at home!
1. Try a button up under a sweater. Maximize that sweater’s warmth! Put a loose sweater over a button up for a stylish layering effect. Seal the deal with a statement necklace around the collar and an overcoat on top. No one will ever know you were just trying to be practical.
2. Belt your cardigan. You might wear this cardigan in the summer with just a loose tank underneath, but for this time of year, put a thermal tank top underneath and belt it closed. Then, I would personally layer a flannel shirt on top of it for a slightly grunge look, but you could also put this button up under the cardigan. Finish off with a clean trench and a scarf in a nice color.

3. A form fitting turtleneck will take that summer maxi into the winter. Maxi dresses are easily winterized with a form fitting turtleneck underneath. Putting a posh jacket over it adds just the right amount of glam to this layer-happy outfit. A statement necklace and leather clutch don’t hurt it either!
4. Hide a pair of leggings, tights or socks underneath for extra warmth. A pretty maxi gives you leg coverage that you need in these colder months, but your legs may still be tingling with all of that cold air! Toss on a pair of knit tights or leggings to ensure you feel as glamorous as you look.5. Layer your knee high or thigh high socks over your tights. Socks over tights? For the win!  Your tights and socks can combine forces to keep you cozy and cute as you brave the winter air in a skirt. Scrunch the socks downwards for a bit of I-did-this-because-it-looks-cool texture. Cold? Me? Never.
6. Try a fitted cardigan under a blazer. An easy favorite of mine, give your usual blazer a boost by putting a fitted cardigan underneath, and then cuff its sleeves over the blazer’s sleeves. This looks particularly neat-o when the cardigan is another color or has an interesting pattern. Button the cardigan up minus the first and last buttons to expose that cute top a little, or leave it completely open.  7. Double up! Put an oversized vest over a slim jacket. Call me crazy but I can dig a faux fur vest over a leather jacket. The key here is to make sure the base jacket is a slim fit, while the outer layer is a bit loose. You’ll be as toasty as you are rock n’ roll.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2966 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
which is why I am wondering is if the layers would be enough to keep me warm without adding a bulky winter coat... or if I should just stick to normal layers and a winter coat...

LadyLionness

« Reply #2967 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
I will put together some ideas and show you...

LadyLionness

« Reply #2968 on: September 04, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »
Six Winter Style Essentials         Posted by dannidupa in         Fashion Trendsand tagged with Amanda Peet, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, Beanie hats, Becki Newton, Blake Lively, Diane Kruger, Elle Macpherson, Fair Isle Sweaters, Forever 21, Frye boots, Jessica Biel, Kate Bosworth, Kate Hudson, Keira Knightley, Lauren Conrad, Layering, Mary-Kate Olsen, Michelle Williams, Milla Jovovich, Nicole Richie, Rachel Bilson, Rihanna, Scarves, Sienna Miller, Toggle jacket, Winter coats, Winter styleDecember 13, 2009
Photo of myself and her by [her]
1. .BEANIE KNIT HATS.
There is nothing worse than facing the cold with wet hair. But, it’s 8 AM. You’re hair is so dirty it’s almost clean again. Enter stage left: the beanie. Cozy and adorable, this cold weather accessory has concealed some of my laziest beauty days.

2. .STURDY BOOTS.
But now it’s 8:30. An obligatory coffee detour has cut your schedule a little too close for comfort. Not the time for some stylish booties or blister-inducing flats. Give me a no-frills pair of Fryes  (or its Target lookalikes) and I promise I will haul my caffeinated self to my destination on time.

3. .PRINTED SCARVES.
Ever step out the door in late winter only realize that your life-stifling boredom has turned your wardrobe black? Monochrome has its time and place and the bleak winter landscape is not it. Energize your outfit and maybe even your mood with some pops of texture or color. The printed scarf is the easiest fix. The draping options are innumerable and the effect is immediate. Plus, cold necks are the worst.

4. .TOGGLE COATS.
One good coat is just simply not enough. Every day you can pick out the world’s most adorable winter outfit, but what do you inevitably have to conceal it with? Your outerwear. I have me a puffer, a belted swing coat, a trench–-all perfect to have in stock. But, only with the addition of a toggle jacket will I finally be content with my coat rotation. While I’ll keep scanning the local thrift racks, let the ladies below convince you to do the same.

5. .LAYERING.
This one goes without saying. The more items, the less freezing-ness. And if anything spells out bohemian winter, it’s carelessly haphazard layering.

6. .FAIR ISLE SWEATERS.
The Scandinavian sweater is a warm, cabin-fever trend that keeps catching my eye. It’s another piece I’m planning to obtain by means of my trusty local Goodwill. Though I admit Diane does it the best, also note the fearlessness that is Rihanna–singlehandedly killing two trends with one stone (fair isle and poncho). Brave woman.

Stay warm!
Peace,

LadyLionness

« Reply #2969 on: September 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Sister Winter by simondfilipSister Winter by simondfilipI know the semester is almost over, but we still have a week left and even though classes will be done exams are hard on their tail. And we all know that means a lot of time on campus.
Overall, I love my campus. What I don’t like is the ever varying temperatures. Not only from building to building, but from room to room within these buildings.
This is fine if you’re only on campus for an hour or two for that one class tuesday mornings. Unfortunately, that situation isn’t the norm. The norm is being on campus, or at least not in your apartment or dorm room, for hours at a time. I’m talking eight to ten hours.
Throw in the very different outside temperature and ever-changing weather and well…you end up either too hot or too cold and, if you live in Halifax, soggy.
Therein lies the conundrum. How does a fashion savvy lady stay comfortable in constantly fluctuating temperatures and weather?
Never fear, I am here to share my wisdom! A lifetime on the east coast has taught this editor how to deal with, lets call it, inconsistent weather.
This post will focus on temperature, the next with the elements.
1. Double up!
  • Wearing two pairs of tights allows you to keep wearing skirts and dresses as the mercury slowly descends. Putting a patterned pair over opaque black or coloured ones tends to be adorable
  • I am also a big fan of rocking them underneath jeans for that added warmth OR;
  • To keep rocking ripped jeans without getting patches of frostbite. Brightly coloured tights are the most fun in this case
  • Check out our post on tights!
  • You can also double socks and scarves. Its heaven.
2. Leather gloves!
  • Sorry PETA, but they are fantastic. You will never EVER go back to cloth after you have experienced the wind-blocking joy that is a good pair of leather gloves…Leather anything, really.
3. Big thick scarves!
  • A giant scarf that can go around your neck three times blocks all the heat from escaping out the collar of your jacket as well as keeping your neck toasty. And your chin. And the entire lower half of your face. And your ears. You get my point.
  • They can also act as blankets or pillows in really boring classes.
4. Good, weather-proof boots with thick socks!
  • Warm tootsies are a beautiful thing. Cold ones are miserable.
I know what you’re thinking here. What about that one class that is far too hot? Won’t I die of heat stroke with thick socks and tights under my jeans? No! Because of:
5. Layering tops! Seriously guys, its the best thing since sliced bread
  • Start with a thin loose tank top or shirt
  • Follow with tee-shirt or knit short-sleeved top or button down
  • Top with a cardigan or knit pullover and your coat.

Trust me, when you can get down to a summer-y top, you’ll lose a lot of that excess heat and the layers on your bottom half won’t matter. Our torsos generate and lose a lot of heat, so as long as you can regulate the temperature there, you’re golden.
To keep it from looking too frumpy, many, thinner layers are key and belts are your best friends.
Stay warm and good luck on the exams my lovelies!               Category: Fashion, Featured /                Tags: Campus Fasion, fashion and functionality, Fashion Firdays, how to layer in winter, Layering, layering and warmth, layering in winter, outerwear, Sweaters, tights, warm accessories, winter fashion   
  • Search:Search for:

Advertisements