Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717569 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2985 on: September 11, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
Crimson TideSeptember 26, 2011 by Jane 1 Comment Filed under: Fashion MojitoTagged with booties, mensweartrousers, redcolortrend, reddressWhat’s the hue to DO now!?  Why scarlet of course!  Every season designers select at least one color that rules the runway and this fall is no different.  Luckily for all of us the chosen shade is one which compliments ANY skin tone – revitalizing the fairest of the fair and highlighting the beauty of darker skin.  Choose your red wisely though, in order to get the most tremendous Ta-DA — fair-skinned types should stick with blue-based reds, while darker tones will benefit from an orange tinge but could really get away with just about anything.
Wear your red however you like whether it be a frivolous frock, higher than high heels, a cuddled up coat, or even devestatingly daring denim.  No matter what piece you choose you will rock this color trend to the max!
Need inspiration?  I love a good ‘ole red dress to really up entrance drama.  No one would be able to miss you sauntering into a chi-chi soiree in a hug-a-me tight crimson number and love me tender stilettos.  I love the shape of this number featured right found on topshop.com due to it’s versatile and universally-flattering shape and interesting beaded detailing on the short sleeves.  Don this piece with black tights and a black suede bootie OR a flesh-toned open toe heel without hosiery.
If an all-red frock isn’t your speed try the on-trend menswear trouser in red as an alternative.  Keep the pants as the highlighted piece and pair with simple basics like a white blouse or tee, classic blazer or tailored wool coat, and a simple pump.  I like the deeper colored red pair featured left found on zara.com.
Accessories are another great way to incorporate color into your reportoire.  Whether you choose a bag or a pair of shoes you will jazz it up!  I am keen on this flat clutch that also converts into a crossover bag in supple suede or these fab-oosh wedge ankle booties in merlot.  Clutch available on topshop.com and booties at zara.com.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #2986 on: September 11, 2012, 10:39:41 AM »
how to layer outerwear.

h&m black pants (similar) / zara thin strap sandals & leather jacket / real fur vest from italy (similar) / gold collar necklace (similar)Pretty sure outerwear is my favorite part of apparel. I can never get enough jackets, coats and vests (no matter what the weather is) - and it's even more fun when they can be styled together. I'm sure you've seen this fur vest on my blog before... it's beautiful by itself, works brilliantly with a trench coat or military jacket layered over it and in this case, perfect to layer over a leather jacket. Mix and match your vests and jackets to create color and texture contrast - denim vests over leather jackets, different color furs over leather, denim over fur, leather over leopard or military coats, monochrome colors with texture difference - the possibilities are endless.

Perfect outerwear pieces to layer...
BB Dakota Garret faux fur vest
NastyGal dude ranch denim jacket
Marc by Marc Jacobs Penn trench
NastyGal city trench coat
Rachel Zoe vivien tuxedo vest

LadyLionness

« Reply #2987 on: September 11, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »
Leather Jackets: Grace WoodwardSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 7 of 8Leather Jackets: the white contraster.Liv ening up a head-to-toe white/pastel look, Grace Woodward makes a bold strike with a tan leather jacket. Leave jackets unzipped for a less buttoned-up look.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2988 on: September 11, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Leather Jackets: Amy CarlsonSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 8 of 8Leather Jackets: the cincher.Actres s Amy Carlson wears a cool geometric print blouse, and cinches her waist using the edge of her leather jacket to do so. Note wear your jacket ends, and make sure it highlights the thinnest part of your waist.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2989 on: September 11, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »
Leather Jackets: Cindi LauperSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 6 of 8Leather Jackets: the motorcycle.Thu mbs up to the ever-youthful Cindi Lauper for showing us how a rockin' motorcycle jacket is pulled off without a hitch.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2990 on: September 11, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
Leather Jackets: Roberta ArmaniSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 5 of 8Leather Jackets: three-quarter length.A universally flattering length is the 3/4's jacket, and here Roberta Armani shows a darling way to wear the look for evening. Notice her neon, cross-body bag strap, which breaks up the solid dark color.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2991 on: September 11, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Leather Jackets: Cate BlanchettSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 4 of 8Leather Jackets: color.Cate Blanchett has amazing legs for short shorts, and she knows how to dress it with a vivid red leather jacket that lends sophistication to a plaid, playful romper.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2992 on: September 11, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
Leather Jackets: Wendy WilliamsSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 2 of 8Leather Jackets: the tone down.Talk show host Wendy Williams loves to wear figure-hugging clothes. When well endowed, distressed leather jackets serve as a nice way to balance out the chest in an otherwise feisty leopard-print dress.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2993 on: September 11, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
Leather Jackets: Cindy CrawfordSource: Getty ImagesRelated: Fashion, Fashion Over 40, Celebrity Style, Trends, cate blanchett, Cindi LauperAll CategoriesPhoto 1 of 8Leather Jackets: the blonde.Can we be envious of Cindy Crawford's ageless supermodel looks? Of course. Can we steal the youthful vibe she excudes in pairing a blonde leather jacket over a figure-fitting black dress? Absolutely!

shesaid

« Reply #2994 on: September 11, 2012, 06:21:58 PM »
I must be the only fashionably late/challenged person here  ;D  Do you ladies really read all this up to date fashion trend and follow it? j/c  I just throw on whatever is clean, comfty, and right for the occasion and out the door.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2995 on: September 11, 2012, 06:58:04 PM »
I read People Style Watch and Instyle Magazines... my ex used to pick all my clothes for me... and dressed me like a  50 year old woman... so after my divorce... I didn't know how to dress myself... it took me a long time... of reading, watching people, searching the net... and trying on different things to find a style that was truly me... that I feel comfortable in. 

At the end of the day... it is just a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, some sort of coat... and shoes... but with the right pieces... you can walk out the door well put together... no more effort than the next person....

zena

« Reply #2996 on: September 26, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »
Just wanted to post this here for Anemone.  I think I told her that I'd post a photo of my top awhile back.  It's been so long since I've worn this top.  Today, I'm wearing it with a white cardigan instead of the green one.  This cardigan is slightly shorter.  I love that look of the longer shirt/shorter over shirt/cardigan.

All are from Kohl's.

shesaid

« Reply #2997 on: September 26, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »
Leather Jackets: Wendy Williams

LOVE this outfit! I just bought a pair of strappy wedge from TJMaxx that would go w/ this outfit....now I'm on a hunt!

zena

« Reply #2998 on: September 26, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »
moon - I love the pairing of the white cardigan over the top! Very refreshing.

I haven't been to Kohls in a while, I need to stop in soon and look at what they have for Fall!

Thanks!  Me too...haven't gone shopping at Kohl's either.

Perfectly dimpled tie.

Is it really dimpled?  That's a perfect Halloween color tie.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
LL, those are great ideas that you posted.  i love the cooler months just because of the layerings.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements