Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717867 times)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3045 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »
SB, I like the Merona ones. Xhilaration makes a cheaper tight that is only $5 and I like those too. I'm not too picky on tights. I do like the opaque black tights vs the sheer black tights.

I don't think you need to wear heels with tights all the time. I wear my ballet flats with my tights and skirts/dresses sometimes too and it looks cute.

Here's an outfit I wore last week (I don't think I posted this one). When I wear flats, I make sure my skirt/dress is not too long otherwise it will look like I'm playing dress up. Not saying wearing mini skirts either, but keep it above the knee and it will make your legs look longer. Or at least that has worked for me. LOL ;D

If shoe is not a problem I wouldn't have a problem dressing up.  Girls shoe don't fit me because they are width while I have such small skinny narrow feet that even my 4 pairs of heel that I got from Lite Stride doesn't feel comfortable or tight enough either.  I can't wear flat it even worse than heel.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline autumnbreeze

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +51
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:58 PM »
Anemone,

i love your style.   ;)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 14, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Anemone,

i love your style.   ;)

I like the way she dress with the tight and blend in the color with it.  I just have to find shoes.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 14, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
Anemone....... ..... I went to Target over the weekend to buy my daughter her new Ipod 5 because it was a good deal with a $30 Target gift card for purchasing it.  They were pretty much all the same price regardless of where I go so I took the best deal I can get.

I did get a chance to look at the tight.  They have 2 opaque tight are you wearing the regular one or the premium?  Just $4 in difference between the two.  Do you let them air dry after taking it out of the washer?  I was going to grab one of the premium one but they ran out of black in size s.  I didn't want to buy size M because of the height guideline. 

I'm going to cool down before making another trip to Target.  I go to Target almost every other day along with Walmart.  I told my daughter small town and these are the 2 most frequent store we have to shop all the time.  No wonder my husband and daughter doesn't go there and I have to end up doing all the shopping when we need something.

I was digging through the clearance rack so I got a blazer which was regular price at $30 mark down for $15 but I didn't even pay attention until later in the day when looking back at the receipt and it was only $8.  I really like the blazer and check online and the price is regular and not even on clearance.  A top for $11 and scarf are always expensive but I had to grab it because I like the design.  Next time I'm going to the fabric store and shop like how Trouble mentioned she does it.

The blouse feel funny because it cling to your body so I might take it back and the length if fine but the arm is a little longer.

Moo.Moo.Yee

« Reply #3049 on: January 14, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »

I bought the same blazer. I like it but haven't found a chance to wear it out. I wouldn't wear it to work because it's too formal...no one here wears suits unless they're an executive. hehe

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 14, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
I bought the same blazer. I like it but haven't found a chance to wear it out. I wouldn't wear it to work because it's too formal...no one here wears suits unless they're an executive. hehe

I just wear blazer with jean.  I actually like the material and weight of this blazer.  They have some online of the same blazer but just longer sleeve but not sure if I want to order it even though I would like a black and gray one.  I probably won't have a time or place to wear it either but just good thing I thought it was clearance for $15 but when I looked at the receipt later it was only $8.  My daughter already wore my scarf today for school.  I bet she's going to wear the blazer sooner or later. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #3051 on: January 14, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »

Love the items you got at Target.  I second Anemone. You should start posting pictures of your outfits.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 14, 2013, 06:21:48 PM »
Thank you!

Summerberry, I am sooooo happy to see that you went and picked up a few things for yourself! You should start posting up your outfits too. Even if you don't dress up, just put an outfit together and post it up to share with us. That blazer looks really nice! And I like the blouse a lot! I might have to stop by Target and check out their clearance racks as I know there is tons on clearance right now.

I usually wear a cami under my blouse - so if you fee like it's clingy, try slipping on a very thin cami and it should help with the clingyness. Otherwise, I think you should totally keep it! Love the print on that blouse.

As for tights, I know they have the premium Merona ones and the cheaper Xhilaration ones. I have bought both and honestly...I like them both. It's opaque so both are dark. I do machine wash and machine dry but you can also just let it air dry. It's cheap enough so I don't feel too bad if I have to replace them after a few wears.

Good choice on the scarf!  O0

I have never been comfortable wearing a cami under my shirt.  I never find one that is good.  My daughter has one from Forever 21 and kind of almost raggy but we can't find the exact one anymore.  The sleeve is a little long but I have to tried and play with the clothes again this weekend. 

I might head out to JCP and see if they have pants because online has some nice one but not sure about ordering size and Kohls tonight and check their clearance rack if they have anything good. 

We'll see if I start dressing and sharing photo again because I'm still cleaning out old clothes.

Reload Wife

« Reply #3053 on: January 14, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »
Outfit from today.

Express sweater
Love Stitch Top
Loft Skirt
BCBG Generation Shoe
Amrita Singh necklace

Reload Wife

« Reply #3054 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »

RW, oohhhh I love that Amrita Singh necklace! I love the stuff from AS, I have yet to make a purchase though. Love the pop of color on the necklace with the outfit.

Thanks Anemone. I love the jewelries from Amrita Singh but was hesitate to buy them even when there was a sale.  The prices for the pieces was a bit much when you added in the shipping cost.

I found this AS necklace from Ross for $19.95. I know I had to get it. You can't beat that price for AS. The Ross carries a small selection.  So far I have seen a few AS pieces; two pair of earrings, three necklaces and three set of bangles. 

It has been awhile since I went to that Ross. Maybe next week I'll try to stop by to see if I can find any new AS pieces.

Reload Wife

« Reply #3055 on: January 15, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
Tuesday's outfit

Skirt Limited, burgundy top JCPenney, necklace F21.

I love the color burgundy for fall. It is such a pretty color. The F21 necklace looks stunning with the top.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
Tuesday's outfit

Skirt Limited, burgundy top JCPenney, necklace F21.

I like the top you got there from JCP but unfortuntely they didn't have any in petite xs or s so I can try it out.  The polka dot one is nice but make it look blind on me or dizzy......... ...  I was able to dig through the clearance rack at JCP and got 4 tops.  I didn't find anything at Kohls.......ju st too pog laus.....  I guess Forever 21 and H& M this weekend. 

I like how JCP is like now because the price seem reasonable now and completely like they made a lot of changes.......

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 15, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »
Here are picture of shirts I got on clearance from JCP.  I spend about $20 for all 4 shirts.

Petite S still a little loose on me so hopefully next time I see something that is Petite XS.

The pink background is just my daughter's bedroom color.

Lavender

« Reply #3058 on: January 15, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
Very nice ladies.  I love them all.  O0

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #3059 on: January 17, 2013, 10:06:40 AM »
Ladies, please show your face too..... I want to see how your outfit compliments your little head.

Advertisements