Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717506 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3060 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »
Anemone, once in a blue moon, Kohl's petite section have one or two nice dresses in the Chaps, Ralph Lauren Line... I recently bought two... same dress in different color schemes... for roughly $8 each... down from over $100.  Great for work with blazers or over skinny jeans for casual events.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
Summerberry, not bad at all for $20! You can easily pair those tops with jeans or slacks and throw on a cardigan or sweater. Good to see you shopping!

I'm not fond of Kohl's petite selection, they are much more pog laug than JCP. Hahahaaa... I've never bought anything from the petite section there. But I do find some decent stuff with the Lauren Conrad collection or the Elle line.

BTW, love the pink wall color against the clothes. :)

I wish I just have a bigger butt to filled in those slack, pant, etc.   Slack and jean I wished they have them in size 0 instead of mostly just 2 up because it still can be loose on me.  I don't want to grab Junior jean either. 

It easier for me to hang the clothes on my daughter board with 2 hook to take picture.  My parents are coming to town tomorrow for a wedding this weekend here so they can watch my 9 months old baby and maybe I can go shopping at Modesto Mall or Gilroy Outlet.  I have not been to outlet for a long time even though it usually like 1 1/2-2 hours away to get to one.  My daughter refused to go to the local mall here because there is no good store so she need to go used her gift card she got during x-mas.......  I really want to tried Limited or Express for their pant. 

Reload Wife

« Reply #3062 on: January 17, 2013, 07:31:02 PM »
Summerberry, a lot of the petite bloggers who are very very small size like Jcrew and Loft. If you can get to a store, I say check those out. I don't think Express is very petite friendly. Nor Limited. I actually find that Limited sizes run large because whenever I shop there, I always go down in size.

Check Ann Taylor, Loft, Banana Republic, and Jcrew. They all have petites and they are more "small" petite friendly.

Summerberry. I second Anemone on stores.  Ann Taylor and Loft are currently hold sale this week. Ann Taylor is having 50 % of sale and Loft is having 60% of sale.

Limited and Express are not petite friendly stores but every once in a while you can find clothes that work.

Reload Wife

« Reply #3063 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:47 PM »
Thursday's outfit - nothing special today. It's an all black day.

Black blouse Old Navy, black slacks Ann Taylor, belt Jcrew....It's really cold in the office so I threw on my big sweater, I know it looks heavy...but it's cold!

Love the pop of color the belt adds to your outfit. There is nothing wrong with a big sweater. When you have office that is really cold, you do what you have to do to be warm.

Lavender

« Reply #3064 on: January 18, 2013, 08:29:58 AM »
Love the pop of color the belt adds to your outfit. There is nothing wrong with a big sweater. When you have office that is really cold, you do what you have to do to be warm.
Me too.  I think I'm going to get a purple belt.  :)

Reload Wife

« Reply #3065 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
Thanks ladies!

I love colors but I don't actually wear a lot of it in my wardrobe...I tend to stay very safe with the blacks, greys.... but I do love to add that splash of color with my accessories. I can't wait for spring though because I bought some colorful pants last season on clearance. We'll see if I can pull off magenta pink! Hahaaaa  ;D

I think you can pull off any color.  I don't mind colorful skirts but shy away from colorful pants.

Reload Wife

« Reply #3066 on: January 18, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Outfit from a couple of day ago. 

Ann Taylor blouse
Ann Taylor necklace
Express Skirt
Ann Taylor black pump

I'm trying to add more prints to my closet.  It's hard to tell but prints on the blouse are mini clover.

Ann Taylor is having an additional 50% sale items so I decided to stop by Ann Taylor during my lunch break  to check out their sale. 

I ended up getting this dress. The dress with $59.99 with 50% = $29.99. The dress is available online for same price. http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product/AT-Petites/AT-Petite-Dresses/Petite-Side-Tie-Jersey-Dress/294893?colorExplode=false&skuId=12589654&catid=cata000047&productPageTyp e=saleProducts&defaultColor=5124

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:09:08 PM by Reload Wife »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 18, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
anemone and RW, you two have some great outfits and accessories!   ;)

summerberry, those are some really nice purchases you got there and at great prices!   O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »
yesterday was casual for me.  yay!   :D

rl sweater, dkny jeans, ck boots, macy's necklace/earrings/bracelet.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #3069 on: January 18, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
Nice outfits, Ladies.  I have been so lazy lately...  :(

Lavender

« Reply #3070 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
 O0

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 20, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
it's been cold here so i've been layering....

first pic:  rl sweater, ae jeans, joann fabric scarf, coach booties, bracelet gifted

second pic: merona shirt, h&m cardi, ck jeggings/boots, macy's necklace/bracelet/earrings

1luv

« Reply #3072 on: January 25, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »
In california, this is how they dress like in public.

and do notice that someone will be looking at you behind like that creeper in this picture here

Reload Wife

« Reply #3073 on: January 25, 2013, 01:30:19 PM »
Trouble - I love all your outfits. I envy you that you can wear regular clothes.

Anemone - Thank you.  The butterfly top is cute and you look good in those jean.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »

Trouble, you always look so polish. I envy your tall and lean body!  ;D

Trouble - I love all your outfits. I envy you that you can wear regular clothes. 

thanks, ladies.  i don't think i'm that tall but i am glad that i can wear regular sizes.   ;D 

I've been MIA....and honestly, my outfits this week were boooorrring!  :D It's finally Friday so here's one for casual Friday!

T-shirt F21, cardigan Hollister, jeans Express, boots Target. Also, just to note - I haven't worn these jeans in about 4 years. They were my favorite pair of jeans pre-pregnancy. So glad I saved them. Hahahaaaa  ;D

that's great that you're able to still wear the same size.    you look great in the jeans.  ;)   usually after women have kids, they tend to gain weight and it's so hard to take it off.   :'(

i know what you mean about outfits being boring during the week.....i'm usually in suits and that is very boring.  hehehe....   :P

Advertisements