Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717662 times)

maipovci

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3390 on: November 13, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
chicknorris, you're at the Loft, huh!  :D I totally recognize that dressing room.  ;)

Love it that more of you are sharing!

yes, i come there afterwork a lot to look around. they have some really great deals.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3391 on: November 13, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Nice, chicknorris...

Pinkie, I love your casual style...

Mos, you are looking sexy...

Trouble... where are you?  And where is the other trouble?

LadyLionness

« Reply #3392 on: November 13, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
November 12, 2013

1.  The Limited Black Pencil Skirt
2.  Worthington Black Button Down shirt
3.  Teri Jon Channel Style Jacket (Black with flecks of white)
4.  Hmong Target Scarf.
5.  Born Black Heel Sandals.

Was too tired, didn't take a picture.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3393 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
November 13, 2013

1.  Liz Claiborne Stilleto Black Pants
2.  Chico black silk button down shirt
3.  Tommy Hilfiger green leather jacket
4.  Green Hmong Inspired Scarf
5.  Born Black Heel Sandals

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:05:25 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3394 on: November 14, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
Yes, this green is my all time favorite color.  Follow by royal blue and then soft baby pink.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 14, 2013, 09:28:53 AM »
Trouble... where are you?  And where is the other trouble?

Sorry, LL.  We've been busy and haven't had much time to post but will respond to your question later this evening.   ;)

Keep the outfits coming, ladies.  We like looking at the different personal styles and fashions.   O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

proudlao

« Reply #3396 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
Here's my contribution. That's my everyday wear. Even when I go out at night looking for my queen  :2funny:

couchpotato

« Reply #3397 on: November 14, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Here's my contribution. That's my everyday wear. Even when I go out at night looking for my queen  :2funny:

That is so hot PL.  :knuppel2: ::) ;D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3398 on: November 14, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
Pinkie, if you are unsure... try using it as you would any suit jacket.  I find that they are best with one or two other "office appropriate" pieces.  My preferences is sheath dresses or pencil skirt.  The key is that leather jacket are more "boxy" even when fitted, so the bottom have to be more slim... like the slacks you are wearing.  When in doubt, do black slacks with black undershirt and then throw the leather jacket on.  The fit and styling have to be right though. 

Don't wear anything too obviously biker... or too 80's (batwing sleeves, big shoulder pads, etc).  Get something more slim, fitted, so that it's more modern... and make sure it's not too long, should not be longer than your hip bone or just below it.  For us short ladies... nothing longer than 22 inches in back seam... sometimes 23 are ok... depending on the styling.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: November 14, 2013, 06:40:04 PM »
Trouble and Trouble,

What do you think of this?

- Don't go strapless. I think that no matter how casual your office, if you work in an actual office building, it's not acceptable to wear a strapless dress or top. Go sleeveless - but the smallest I would go is a thick strap like in today's shirt.[/size]- Don't go short. No matter how casual things are, I think it's best to keep things 2-3 inches above your knees, at the most. Shorts may be in style, but I wouldn't wear them to work unless they follow this rule, so most likely you'll need to go with a bermuda-style short.- Pass on sleepwear. When it comes to sweatpants and hoodies - leave 'em at home. I think a v-neck t-shirt can be great for work, but I would tuck it into a pencil skirt, or dress it up with a statement necklace. I also think you can incorporate a sweater with a hood into your outfit, but again it should be dressed up with a collared shirt or another appropriate work piece. Overall, don't go so casual that you might be mistaken for 1. not caring about your job, or 2. that you are sleeping on the job!- Get creative. Today's look is an example of how you can stay within these "modesty" guidelines, but still have fun! If you work in a creative environment, you can wear jeans, and fun details like a leopard shirt or spiked shoes. Don't feel like you have to give up on style and flare altogether. You should feel free to show plenty of personality, just keep it classy! ;-)[/color]

What a person wears is dependent upon where they work.  I agree with some of the things stated only if they were worn alone.  For example, wearing a strapless top/dress/cami is fine IF it's covered up with a blazer or sweater, but not by itself.  I don't see a problem with wearing sweatshirts (depending on what it looks like and how casual it is) or jeans on casual days, but never sweatpants.  I agree with the t-shirts, shorts, and skirt/dress length suggestions.  A woman can still look nice, sophisticated, and professional without giving up on their own personal style.

LL, I would like to hear your thoughts on this as well.   ;)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:20 PM »

top left:  AK suit, AT blouse, RL pumps, BR necklace/bracelet/earrings, Coach watch
top right:  Merona shirt, RL sweater, CK jeggings/boots, Macy's necklace/earrings/bracelet/ring

bottom left: CK navy suit, Talbots cami, nw navy pumps, Macy's necklace/earrings
bottom right: AT suit jacket, AT cami, Macy's Pink jeans, Style&Co boots, Macy's necklace/earrings

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:59:59 PM by tRouBLe »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3401 on: November 14, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »
Trouble,

I agree with most of what she says... and I like how she put ideas together... this is from J's Everyday Fashion, by the way.... lolz.

I do have one more question... about about lace dresses... I have a white one that I think MIGHT be appropriate under and trench or maybe even a blazer, jacket, etc.... for sure not by itself... but I have read somewhere that ONE should NEVER EVER wear lace to work... especially in a conservative office... and my new work place is.. infact, they have a business casual dress policy, but it's written in such a way that you know they did it b/c they had too... and they state explicitly that they still prefer the traditional suit.

Mine is not this one, but very similar... the piping are not a different color like this, but it's actually white ribbed ribbons... so it's very solid. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3402 on: November 14, 2013, 11:38:45 PM »

1. Liz Claiborne straight leg jeans (I learned from other Pebhmong fashionista that leg jeans gives the "fit" of a skinny jean without being body hugging...
 2. Jennifer Lopez snake print blouse from Kohls...
 3. Now, this trench coat... love love love love... when I first saw it, it was in oat meal color... and selling for $160. I was not willing to pay that amount especially on ebay... so I waited... and tried to negotiable it down to $80... didn't work...
4. Ugg ankle boots... these are 6 inches high and I wore them all day... it's very comfortable for that height... first shoe (that is not BORN) that did not kill my feet.

Here is the inspiration picture:

So, a couple of things... ONE, I never did understand the obsession with UGGs... until I tried one on recently... those ugly flat ones. It's like walking on air. So when I saw these ankle boots, I tried them on and they were really comfy... love them... only second to my born shoes... lol.

As for the outfit, I have these white jeans that I wanted to incorporate into my work wardrobe... since it's business to business casual (if you must), I had to make them NOT look like jeans... so I googled some idea... and this is what I came up with.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:06:59 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +1

LadyLionness

« Reply #3403 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
Pinkie,

I am only 4' 10 ".  The key is having it hit slightly above the knees or higher... some of my trench that were too long, I had to have altered else it makes the whole outfit look dowdy.

moscato

« Reply #3404 on: November 15, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »
Looking good proudlao ;)
LL - luv the scarf!!

Advertisements