Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 718051 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3405 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
I like this blog here... gonna look through it more closely.

http://www.blueisinfashionthisyear.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: November 15, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »
Trouble,

I agree with most of what she says... and I like how she put ideas together... this is from J's Everyday Fashion, by the way.... lolz.

I do have one more question... about about lace dresses... I have a white one that I think MIGHT be appropriate under and trench or maybe even a blazer, jacket, etc.... for sure not by itself... but I have read somewhere that ONE should NEVER EVER wear lace to work... especially in a conservative office... and my new work place is.. infact, they have a business casual dress policy, but it's written in such a way that you know they did it b/c they had too... and they state explicitly that they still prefer the traditional suit.

Mine is not this one, but very similar... the piping are not a different color like this, but it's actually white ribbed ribbons... so it's very solid. 

LL, since your new employment is business casual, you may be able to get away with wearing a lace dress but you'll have to tone it down with a blazer or sweater and accessories.  Also, look at what your co-workers are wearing, this can give you an idea of whether to wear something like that or not.

I've seen some of J's Everyday Fashion.  I don't agree with everything she says or wears but if she is comfortable in her own skin, that's all that matters.

Trouble, love love those black tall riding boots!

Thanks, PinkiePie.   :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:08:03 PM by tRouBLe »

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: November 15, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »

Gap sweater, JCP cami, Levi's skinnies, Burberry scarf, NW boots, gifted necklace, Coach watch, Macy's earrings/bracelet

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:47:59 PM by tRouBLe »

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

proudlao

« Reply #3408 on: November 15, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
Looking good proudlao ;)
LL - luv the scarf!!

Thank you moscato, it's about time someone appreciates my contribution  ;D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3409 on: November 16, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
Troubles (and anyone else):

For a conservative corporate office, is this dress too trendy?  It's uneven hem, with the part at the raised knee a little higher up... about 2 inches above the knees.  If I wear it like this, would it be office appropriate?  Or too much of a cocktail dress?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:08:49 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3410 on: November 16, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
No, it is just the dress... it is nicely fitted.

moscato

« Reply #3411 on: November 16, 2013, 07:00:25 PM »
It looks good :))

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: November 17, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »
Troubles (and anyone else):

For a conservative corporate office, is this dress too trendy?  It's uneven hem, with the part at the raised knee a little higher up... about 2 inches above the knees.  If I wear it like this, would it be office appropriate?  Or too much of a cocktail dress?

LL, you might be able to get away with it if you wear a blazer/sweater on top and black tights/pantyhose with it like how you have in your pic.  I've never worn high-low side-to-side dresses/skirts for work before but I have worn the high-low back-to-front skirt suits.  You can still dress trendy and look conservative, it just depends on what the clothing item is and how you wear it.   :)

hello LL, yes, i agree with the other trouble that if the dress is worn with a suit blazer jacket it will keep the look professional; a statement necklace will help finish the look if you're going to be all in black.   :)   

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:19:06 PM by tRouBLe »

couchpotato

« Reply #3413 on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
Saturday - ran errands and did a little shopping.

Black blouse, H&M. Blue sweater, Ana @ JCP. Jeans, petite Ann Taylor Loft. Black/white scarf, can't remember where this one is from.

I like this outfit.

couchpotato

« Reply #3414 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:57 AM »
Thanks anchor.

You should share too! Love to see more people post in here.  :)

lol. I work with kids all day, so it's a uniform top and jeans for me.  ;D

Like this post: -1

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #3415 on: November 18, 2013, 05:16:02 PM »

Sunday was lazy day so I was in sweats. No photo of that.  ;D

Back to work today.

White button down shirt, Target. Navy blue sweater, Ana @ JCP. Black slacks, Banana Republic. Gray heels, Zara.

This is the sweaater I'm wearing today. Picked it up over the weekend from JCP. It's navy blue and the front has bronze threading. It's thin and can be dressed up or down.

Love that sweater.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3416 on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »
Here's my outfit for the day.  I was originally going to wear it with a black blazer, but choose to go with this instead... thanks to some well said advice from a good friend.

1.  Tahari Shealth dress - there are a few designers making these color block dresses, but I like this one best b/c this is the only one I see so far that have a V-neck instead of boat neck... and the black goes all around the back, so the grey is only in the front.  I would say that this is probably my sexiest power suit... lolz.

2.  Michael Kors Gold Shimmer blazer

3.  Kohls sheer black to purple tights

4.  Born heels in the picture, but I actually wore my Black Born Oxford instead.  The dress was too sexy and I wanted to balance it a bit more.

5.  Tiger Eye necklace (tri-color) and earrings.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:09:26 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +1

backfdead

« Reply #3417 on: November 19, 2013, 06:36:41 AM »
Sup man. I know you're a dapper dresser so share some of yours too. No homo.

:-\ trust I'm pretty bad with fashion... I know nothing... haha. But I've been meaning to contribute at least once for the guys:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 06:47:02 AM by backfdead »

Like this post: +6

couchpotato

« Reply #3418 on: November 19, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
:-\ trust I'm pretty bad with fashion... I know nothing... haha. But I've been meaning to contribute at least once for the guys:

Not bad.

And who doesn't like a man who knows how to shop.

Can you and mang get together and let us ladies drool? ;D :D

couchpotato

« Reply #3419 on: November 19, 2013, 07:48:03 AM »
;D

Show us one photo!

Some days I wish we have uniforms. Especially the days when laundry isn't done, or nothing seems to fit.

When I get in the vicinity of a mirror that will allow me to take a full length photo, I'll share. :) I don't have one at home and we only have kiddie sized sinks with mirrors at school.  ;D

Advertisements