Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717894 times)

maipovci

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3435 on: November 20, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
today was a throw on anything kinda day. blah.

i have on;
uniqlo light blue parka
loft pink sweater
target sundress
sam edelman black booties
jcrew scarf
liz claiborn purse

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

maipovci

« Reply #3436 on: November 20, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
OK, so I noticed that I am the only chubby lady posting outfits in here...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: 

In any case, do the rest of you (who are not posting) ever wonder how some of these outfits and styles would look on you?  I do... lol.  Not sure if the mirror tells the truth or not... but check out this site.  It's pretty cool.

www.gorgeautif ul.com

ummm, ::raises hands:: i'm a chubby girl and much like pinkie and the rest of you, i love looking at what you're wearing and draw much of my inspiration from your outfits. there are somethings i know i CAN'T pull off and there are somethings i know i can.

this is my absolute favorite threads and i wished i contributed more often. you ladies are always so fashionable and stylish. xoxo

LadyLionness

« Reply #3437 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:41 PM »
Chicknorris and Pinkie, I have learned that if we wait until we have the perfect body and everything to take pictures, that day will never come... and if we wait until we have lost some weight to wear that pretty dress, it will never happen too... so embrace the shape you are in and dress your best.

Yes, we do all have different body types and different styles... and they are all lovely.  I love this thread too.  I hope more people contribute... even if not with pictures, at least with a list of what they are wearing...

LadyLionness

« Reply #3438 on: November 20, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
Today's outfit was the blue dress with the tweed jackets.  When I tried it on today, I thought that I really like it... and it's not "bad," but I think that I like it better with the black dress.  I will try it with the back dress next week.

1.  Teri Jon Tweed Jacket
2.  Ralph Lauren wrapped dress
3.  Blue Born Sandals
4.  Tahitian Pearl set

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:00:43 AM by LadyLionness »

Reload Wife

« Reply #3439 on: November 21, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
pinkiepie - I love your style.
chicknorris - Thank you for sharing. Your outfit is cute.
LadyLionness We can always count you to share.

Sorry ladies. I don't have a full length mirror to take pictures and my outfits has been blah..

Missterious

« Reply #3440 on: November 21, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Happy Thursday!

It's kinda casual today. I was lazy this morning so didn't want to spend too much time finding something to wear.

Black/white printed blouse, JCP. Blue sweater, JCP. Black slacks, Loft. Heels, Zara.

I just got these black slacks I'm wearing from Loft. I ordered them online during a 40% off sale a few days ago. However, it's 50% off now, so if anyone is looking for pair of clean, black slacks...I totally recommend these. I'm wearing the Zoe Ankle Pants in size 4 Petite. The inseam is 27", so if you're a short gal like me, it'll be perfect and hits the ankle. I find that these types of pants fit me better than a full leg or boot cut type of leg.

How tall are you? I'm a short asss so the ankle pants are full length pants on me.  :P  Doesn't look good on my chicken legs. Sometimes petite clothing look too pog laus depending on the store. . Have you worn old navy petite? They carry petite online only though. I didn't want the risk of ordering online and the hassle of sending it back if I didn't fit well.
Oh yea I really wanted that shoe in that picture from loft but they don't have my size. Boo!  >:(

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:46:53 PM by Missterious »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3441 on: November 21, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »
Pinkie, I really like that blue dress too.  I have 3 of this dress... one blue and two purple ones.  They were on sale for $8 a piece at Kohls, marked down from $90 each... so it was a great deal.  Unfortunately, I only packed one...hehehe.  So, when I go home for Thanksgiving, I will be bringing the other two as well. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3442 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »
to Pinkie and the Backfdead...

I agree on the "fashion" should not cost a fortune idea.  I love finding bargains and deals.  I do enjoy shopping thrift stores too, especially for blazers... $5 for a blazer... doesn't matter if it originally cost $20 or $500, they simply sell it for $5. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3443 on: November 21, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »
Double Troubles:  Thank you for keeping this thread alive... you ladies are ultra sexy...

Pinkie, love seeing all your posts.

Chicknorris... please keep sharing as time permits.

ReloadWife, I miss seeing you and your clothes... I loved your innovative ways of snapping a picture.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3444 on: November 21, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »

To say that I am a strange creature is an understatement ... lol. In any case, I keep a neutral, go with anything, black blazer at work... just in case I have an important meeting and I may not have on the appropriate jacket that day. Well, it's a good thing that I did. I wore the olive green leather jacket to work today and loved how it look. Maybe the mirror lied though, b/c I could swear that it looked a lot nicer to my naked eyes...

I digress, but my co-worker sent me a meeting invite to an important meeting of all the Project Managers in the company... all the big shots... and I love my leather jackets, but not everyone see them in the same light... so for the meeting... I changed into the black blazer. Although it looked a little bit less hip... I think I made the right choice. Yay or nay?

Marc Anthony olive green leather jacket (love this jacket, one of ... if not the most expensive jacket I paid for... $160... it's a $500 jacket). Love this little blouse... got it from Sears... for around $5. Pants are the Limited Cassidy cut, less than $15. Shoes are my pink BORN heels. The black blazer is from Sears, less than $20.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:03:16 AM by LadyLionness »

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #3445 on: November 22, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »
Happy Friday!

I'm working from home today so thought I share my work from home aka lazy day wear. Hahaa

Sweat shirt, Proenza Schouler for Target. Leggings, workout wear from Marshalls.

Awwwww....... how dorky and cute!   ;D

Like this post: +1

Calypso

« Reply #3446 on: November 22, 2013, 02:33:47 PM »
Agree about mang and backfdead needing to share more pics, please. :D O0

maipovci

« Reply #3447 on: November 22, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
today's outfit was boring. i had meetings all day today so comfort was important.

jcrew sweater
jcrew jeans
aldo booties
northface jacket.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 22, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Trouble (Left):  I did a double take... almost looked as though you had on the same outfit.  I love how you play with the inside shirt... love all your choices...

:2funny:  Thanks.  I have a lot of suits and many of them are dark-colored, so I have to devise ways of making them look different whether it be by colors, styles, textures of tops, or even accessorizing.   ;D

On a serious note though, I like posting because if anything I hope it inspires other readers (who may not post) to take a look at their own personal style and wardrobe. By no means am I a fashionable gal or claim to be an expert. I just like clothes and I like to share what I'm wearing!  ;D

I've always been a believer that one doesn't have to spend a ton of money or buy brand name clothes in order to look good. Nor does 'dressing up' mean, dressing up in your Sunday best. Dressing up to me means looking polish, not sloppy. It's about finding clothes that fit and finding your style and making it work for you. Trust me, I have certain parts of my body that I hate. But I've learned how to dress for it. I think it's pretty cool that each one of us who post regularly (you, trouble, myself) have different body styles, therefore maybe someone reading can take a note a two and make it work for them.

I totally agree with you on this.  Looking at different personal styles can help a person learn and be inspired to dress for their body type and try new clothing/accessory pieces that they may not have thought of trying.   ;D

I wanted to say thanks to all the ladies and gents for sharing.  Keep them coming.   ;)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:32:57 PM by tRouBLe »

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 22, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »
The lighting isn't very good since I'm home today but this is my OOTD:

BR tee, AR moto jacket, CK skinnies, RL pumps, Macy's necklace/earrings/bracelet/rings

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements