Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 718035 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3480 on: December 02, 2013, 12:41:57 PM »
Trouble,

I do like how the blue dress takes it in a total different direction and while it's not as conservative, b/c of the business casual dress code, I think it still works. 

Pinkie,

I have a ton of belts, but they always seem to make the outfit look overly sexy and until I met Paula Yang, I was afraid of my sexuality... lol... at least afraid to embrace it.  She have convinced me that it's ok to embrace your sensuality and BE a woman... lol.  Anyway, I am still TOO conservative in her eyes, but she have been a good influence on me.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #3481 on: December 02, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
Trouble _ It's nice to see your casual and weekend outfits. You always looks great no matter what you wear.

Pinkie- Thank you for taking the time to post your everyday outfit.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3482 on: December 02, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
Pinkie,

Can't wait to see you in your new leather jacket! :D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3483 on: December 02, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Today's outfit.  Bought a new camera, so I am not sure WHEN I will learn to use it and take pix.

1.  Ann Taylor black A-Line dress.
2.  Sears Tuxedo blazer.
3.  Grey Hmong-Inspired Scarf.
4.  Black tights.
5.  Red Born Mary Jane shoes.
6.  Green glass statement necklace and earrings I bought during lunch.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3484 on: December 03, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »
Will try to post a picture...

1.  Anne Klein color block dress (black and grey).
2.  Kenar camel ruffle trench coat.
3.  Green Hmong Scarf.  These can be bulky looking, making them too casual with suits, and such... so here is what I did to make mine look smaller and less casual... I twist the middle portion - minimizing the bulk - and then wrap it around once, with the twisted part in front and the two ends fluffed and draped.  Then I tuck ONE of the ends through the twisted part and tie it ONCE with the other end. 
4.  Born black sandals.

couchpotato

« Reply #3485 on: December 03, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »
Photobucket removed my mustache disguise so this will have to do for now until it comes back.  :(

Gray & black today. I have a lot of gray & black in my closet. Decided on these gray pants today because I haven't worn them in a while. I think I prefer the skinny slim fit pants because this type cut of pants make me look short. What do you ladies think? I'd love some feedback.

Black blouse, H&M. Black blazer, H&M. Gray slacks, Express. Black heels, Zara.

I think the slim fit pants look better on you pinkiepie. :)

Missterious

« Reply #3486 on: December 03, 2013, 11:26:38 AM »
Photobucket removed my mustache disguise so this will have to do for now until it comes back.  :(

Gray & black today. I have a lot of gray & black in my closet. Decided on these gray pants today because I haven't worn them in a while. I think I prefer the skinny slim fit pants because this type cut of pants make me look short. What do you ladies think? I'd love some feedback.

I think this looks better than the skinny pants. Maybe take in the bottoms a little bit but not too much. It's classy!

Calypso

« Reply #3487 on: December 03, 2013, 05:04:20 PM »
I like the slim fit on u better too, Pinkiepie.

Lavender

« Reply #3488 on: December 03, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »

Wow! This is great!  Love you in this style.  O0

PRINCESS.

« Reply #3489 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:29 PM »
I dig your Mr. Rogers look mang.  :)

A childhood hero of mine! I'll take that as a compliment.   :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #3490 on: December 04, 2013, 08:57:23 AM »
Pinkie, I like you in both... they have their own place.  But like you, I also prefer the skinny styles too.  However, I think that the trouser legs are more conservative while the skinny are more casual.  I am waiting to see if other women here wear the pencil pants or not. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3491 on: December 04, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
When I am tired, I don't like to dress in bright colors... maybe b/c I just want to melt into the wall... or floor.

1.  The Limited Black Cassidy Pants
2.  Arizona black v-neck shirt.
3.  Ellen Tracy pinstripe black long blazer (this is the last of my blazer that hits below the hip bones.  I no longer wear this style but love it too much to let it go.  Oh, and my interview blazer also hits below the hip bones.)

4.  BORN black heel sandals.
5.  Purple Hmong inspired scarf.  This is actually the least favorite of mine.  I don't really care for this color combo.  I think it's kind of ugly.

couchpotato

« Reply #3492 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
A childhood hero of mine! I'll take that as a compliment.   :2funny:

It was meant as a compliment mang. :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3493 on: December 04, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »
SMH,

I used to shy away from skirts and dresses for work... I think that I wanted to minimize the fact that I am a woman in a man's world.  However, after meeting Paula Yang and having to wear a few dresses here b/c I didn't bring enough pants with me... I am really liking the ease of dresses and skirts... and all mine will be at or an inch above or below. 
The "right" sheath dress is so easy to put on... add a jacket, belt (optional - but ultra sexy), heels... and you are out the door.  Don't have to worry if the buttons are gapping, if the shirt matches the pants, etc. 

backfdead

« Reply #3494 on: December 04, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
Meeting up for dinner with my cousins for the first time... didn't know what to wear

Hopefully, I looked presentable. lol.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:35:43 PM by backfdead »

Like this post: +1

Advertisements