Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717699 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3525 on: December 09, 2013, 12:46:42 PM »
Sunday:

I have been wanting to wear one of my Hmong Jackets to work, but wasn't sure how it would hold up - professional-wise.  So I tried it for church.  Verdict:  No can do.  Keep looking.  Will try to snap a picture once I have my camera figured out.

1.  Black Sweater Dress from Sears.
2.  Hmong purplish jacket.
3.  The Limited brown with lace edgying tank... the sweater was a bit low cut and the neckline tend to "wander."
4.  Born black shoes.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3526 on: December 09, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Bought this really cute Antonio Melani skirt from Goodwill.  It was brand-new with tags and I got it for $4.  It has a sexy little bow in the back of the "walking slit."

1.  Antonio Melani skirt - $4
2.  JC Penny Worthington black short sleeve button down shirt - $2 (brand new).  Love JC Penny's clearance rack.
3.  Wilson red leather blazer - $30 (I actually have on a my Kenneth Cole moto red leather jacket this morning, but then I forgot my wallet at home and needed to go back and get it so that I could pay for parking.  Having a meeting this afternoon, so I decided to change out the moto jacket since it was not quite as professional looking and I have decided that as much as I love this jacket, it won't work in a professional environment.  I love these Wilson Leather jackets.  I own this jacket in every color they have made:  Red, yellow (my first one), blue, olive green, and orange.
4.  Born Red Mary Jane pump - $40.  I actually had on my black born heels, but decided to change shoes as well. Lolz.
5.  Ruby briolet drop earrings - $50.  Saw a similar one at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago in gold for $150.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3527 on: December 09, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »
I just realized that my accessories were way more expensive than my outfit.  Lol.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 09, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »
You're always scoring nice boots, heels, etc.  I have small feet and hate it for a reason because it's the only thing preventing me from dressing up.  I've been looking for boots online for days and still can't find one that will fit fine.  I'm willing to spend $100 and under for a pair but if I can't tried it first then I don't want to be disappointed when ordering online either.  Size 4 is better fit for me but 5 will work only for riding boots.  I like your style and co one but not sure about ordering one similar because the shaft or calves area is where I'm more concerned. 

Fortunately for us, we have one of the most common sizes for women.  The only problem we run into is that it will usually sell out if it's a nice style.   :-\   The Style & Co riding boot is more narrow towards the top.  I, too, will run into that problem where the circumference is larger and I don't like the gap between my calves and the boot.....or the circumference is fine but it is roomy at my ankles.  I prefer going into the stores instead of ordering online.  At least I can try them on and see how the fit is.  Good luck on your boot search.   :)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »

left:  Kasper bluish-grey suit, JCP cami, NW pumps, gifted necklace, Macy's earrings/bracelet, Coach watch
right:  BR skirt suit, Style & Co blouse, NW boots, Kohls earrings

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:47:18 PM by tRouBLe »

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #3530 on: December 10, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »
Today's outfit... (I promise to go back and take pix of all the outfits... lol)

1.  Ralph Lauren dark dark wash boot cut or straight leg jeans - finally had enough courage to wear one.

2.  Very Vera by Vera Wang chiffon tank.
3.  Ellen Tracy single button blazer.
4.  Red ruby broilette earrings.
5.  Red BORN Mary Jane Pumps.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3531 on: December 10, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
Petro,

Pictures were never required... just that after a while, people starting asking to see photos... hard to visualize the "list of clothing"... so we started posting pix... but this thread is and will always be a documentation of what you wore each day... whether pictures are included or not is your choice.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3532 on: December 10, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
I see.

In that case... no good.  Had to be what you ARE wearing... hence Fashion Slaves... not Fashion Fantasy...  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 10, 2013, 01:52:40 PM »
@PP, thanks.  How are the Zara heels?  I've wanted to order things from there but don't want the hassle of shipping them back in case they don't fit.    :-\

@PG, funny.   ;D

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 10, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
My outdoor gears.......   :D

JCrew coat and earmuffs, Burberry scarf

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 10, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »
My outdoor gears.......   :D

JCrew coat and earmuffs, Burberry scarf

I like JCrew store but haven't seen one in Central Valley mall but still remember them in southern CA.  I've been cleaning out my closet and getting rid of old clothes and buying new one but just have no room to put them away since my husband took up all the space like crazy.

This weekend I'll go shopping out of town since I haven't got a chance to do anything since the passing of my mil.  I purchased a boots from Targrpet the Kerry style but return it after trying out a few outfits is the shaft is a little too big.  It look better on my daughter but on me feeling not right.

Hush

« Reply #3536 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:42:13 PM by Hush »

Like this post: +1

couchpotato

« Reply #3537 on: December 11, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »
Someone once said they're either fashionable or just plain vain, when they post in here. I like to think the latter when it comes to me. ;D
Well... I'm contributing because I wanna show off my new boots to someone. ;)

Blazer is BR, half zip is JCrew, Jeans is BR, button down is GAP, camper socks is JCrew, vintages belt is Abercrombie, and boots is Sorel from JCrew.

Btw.. this is what I wore today.

Nice hush. Thanks for sharing. Next time, show us how the clothes look on you.  :D ;D

Hush

« Reply #3538 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:02 AM »
Nice hush. Thanks for sharing. Next time, show us how the clothes look on you.  :D ;D

Only two person in here has my body/face pic and that's enough sharing I care to do. ;)

I gotta keep myself anonymous due to work and people I know who comes on PH. :)

couchpotato

« Reply #3539 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
Only two person in here has my body/face pic and that's enough sharing I care to do. ;)

I gotta keep myself anonymous due to work and people I know who comes on PH. :)

Fine. Do share (with me).  :D ;D

Advertisements