Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 718074 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3540 on: December 11, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
Hush, that is a very nice outfit.  And interesting comment.  I like to think that those of us who post in here are nothing more and nothing less than fashion slaves.  Whether we are fashionable or not, it's more of a personal taste and style.  There is no right and no wrong.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3541 on: December 11, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
Today's outfit:

1.  Wilson blue leather blazer (of these sets of jackets, this blue one is my favorite).
2.  Chico navy blue silk button down shirt.
3.  Liz Claiborne pencil pants.
4.  Born black heel sandals.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3542 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
I realized something in the last few days... just like challenges in life helps us to stretch and grow, I believe that fashion challenges also help us grow.

In my last job, it was extremely casual.  People are in jeans, t-shirt, and gym shoes... some even come in with sandals on.  The first few days, I went in with my usual suit.  After a while, I realized that I needed to learn "how to wear jeans."  This is when I discovered the wonders of Google Image.  Needless to day, it was a hard journey, but I learned to wear jeans and even fell in love with skinny jeans.  Even then folks thought I was still too dressed up b/c I always pair my jeans with a blazer of some sort or at least a dressy shirt.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3543 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »
With this new company, its business/ business casual... with the preference being business.  So, I now have to learn how to dress corporate.  It's been fun and I think I have learned a lot.  The biggest lesson in being "how well" something fit.  In the past, where dressing up was not required, any jackets would do... I have gotten away with wearing ill-fitting jackets.  But since I have to stretch and grow, I am seeing that some of my clothes do not fit right and that as much as I love a certain jacket, there is just no way to make it work for corporate america.

So, how have you been challenged and have you grown fashion-wise?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
Summer, I believe Fresno has a J.Crew so check it out next time you are in that area. The size run a bit big so you'll probably be an XXXS.  ;D

I don't shop in Fresno because it's too far and not closed to area where my relatives are where I can just leave for a while and then be back.  I just shop at Modesto mall where it's near the fwy and on my own time.

I used to have no problem shopping at JCrew, gap, limited and New York and co. But lately they don't have my size so either order from their website because regular or petite can fit depending when I tried them on.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3545 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
Summerberry, once you know your size and the styles that work on your body, ordering from your favorite brands or brands that you have worn is really not all that risky.  Ordering online is usually cheaper and have more variety anyway.

I buy most of my clothes on line.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3546 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »
I do see that, Pinkie.  I noticed that you do buy "expensive" clothes.  I put it in quotations b/c I know that you buy them on sale, but even the sale prices are more than I am willing to pay.  Hahaha...

No, your style is not boring at all.  I find it very refreshing b/c while it's conservative, it also have elements of fun in it.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3547 on: December 11, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Petro, there is nothing wrong with recycled clothes.  After the first wash, everything is recycled...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #3548 on: December 11, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »
My sisters and friends say the same thing about me too... that I only buy name brands.  But with post baby-bodies, I feel that the mid to the higher end brands have better materials and seems to fit better.  Plus, if I buy something I would like it to last a long time b/c I DO like the color and shape.  I find that cheaper brands such as Forever 21, Mango, H&M and designers who designed for Kohls and Targets... don't hold up as well, the seems aren't as good, the cuts don't fit quite right and the materials are usually way too stiff or way too thin and it shows everything.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:00:19 PM by LadyLionness »

snowpea

« Reply #3549 on: December 11, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »

Jacket: Foreign Exchange
Dress: Forever21
Boots: H&M
Scarf:  Goodwill

LadyLionness

« Reply #3550 on: December 11, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
Snowpea, love your outfit!  For a minute there, I thought it was me... lol!  Your jacket is absolutely gorgeous!!!

yuknowthat

« Reply #3551 on: December 11, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »
wow you guys have fashion!!  O0

today's outfit...
merona tan khakis
brown leather belt
button down white shirt merona
hanes white sock :P
brown dress shoes..

Like this post: +1

LadyLionness

« Reply #3552 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing, youknowthat.

Like this post: -1

yuknowthat

« Reply #3553 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
you are welcome.

men clothing cost and arm and a leg so we can't afford much style or fashion

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
Snowpea, love your outfit!  For a minute there, I thought it was me... lol!  Your jacket is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I thought it was you until I look at the nick.

My sisters and friends say the same thing about me too... that I only buy name brands.  But with post baby-bodies, I feel that the mid to the higher end brands have better materials and seems to fit better.  Plus, if I buy something I would like it to last a long time b/c I DO like the color and shape.  I find that cheaper brands such as Forever 21, Mango, H&M and designers who designed for Kohls and Targets... don't hold up as well, the seems aren't as good, the cuts don't fit quite right and the materials are usually way too stiff or way too thin and it shows everything.

I agree I like better name brand for clothing so finding it on clearance rack or when they have sale then I do grab it.  I wear more of H&M compare to Forever21 which I never find appealing but for someone like my daughter then I can see the hype on those clothes and styles.  I tried to stay away from junior clothing too especially when it come to jeans and pants.  I'm starting to find petite or regular length will fit me perfectly if I take the time to look at brand name and get use to their size.  Shoes is still my main problem because without it I can't dress up......

Advertisements