Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717631 times)

Missterious

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3555 on: December 11, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »
My sisters and friends say the same thing about me too... that I only buy name brands.  But with post baby-bodies, I feel that the mid to the higher end brands have better materials and seems to fit better.  Plus, if I buy something I would like it to last a long time b/c I DO like the color and shape.  I find that cheaper brands such as Forever 21, Mango, H&M and designers who designed for Kohls and Targets... don't hold up as well, the seems aren't as good, the cuts don't fit quite right and the materials are usually way too stiff or way too thin and it shows everything.

Omg so true. I've tried on some of Target's dresses and F21's clothes and they fit so weird. It doesn't feel like it's even cut and made right. But I guess that's fashion for them.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3556 on: December 12, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
Missterious,

There's a couple of things that comes into play on those clothing... they look great on people who have never had kids before and even though they are a little bit heavy, their fat are solid and firm... (too much info, I know... lol)  MEN:  Close your eyes. 

Sadly, some people don't realize this and buy the clothing anyway, as long as they can squeeze into it b/c they feel like that is the style.  Unfortunately, clothing that does not conform to the right body parts do no service for you.  They actually end up making you look bloated and fat and oddly shape.  With the right clothes, you have curves in all the right places.

And walmart clothes... wash it a few times and they are stretch out of shape so badly it's hardly recognizable as clothing.  B/c I shop clearance, most of my clothes cost around the same as Walmarts or even less... and for me, I see no reason to buy something that I can only wear a few times before it becomes useless.  (I don't like clothing that "looked worn-out."

By the way, you are gorgeous... and no longer missterious... lol.  Share with us sometimes... even if it is just listing what you have on each day. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3557 on: December 12, 2013, 08:13:48 AM »
I am thinking that I wore this outfit last week... not sure.  Lol. 

1.  DKNY black and grey block dress.
2.  Kenar light tan camel trench coat with ruffles.
3.  Red Born Mary Jane pumps
4.  Ruby broilette earrings
5.  Grey Hmong Inspired Scarf.

Hush

« Reply #3558 on: December 12, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 02:41:07 PM by Hush »

Like this post: +1

couchpotato

« Reply #3559 on: December 12, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »
Thursday's outfit. ;D  Yes... yes.. I know... I should post a body shot.. but due to my villainous ways in here... this will have to do. Plus, someone might get upset. ;D

Top coat is BR, wool sweater is BR, vintage white button down is JCrew, jean is GAP, red argyle socks is JCrew, suede shoe is JCrew, and a brown vintage belt by JCrew (which isn't shown ;D).

Completely off topic, but what are you using to prop your clothes up? Do you actually have a mannequin at home?  ;D

Hush

« Reply #3560 on: December 12, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »
Completely off topic, but what are you using to prop your clothes up? Do you actually have a mannequin at home?  ;D

What? Don't you fashionistas have one? ;D

I actually got the idea from trouble's jacket post. ;)

moscato

« Reply #3561 on: December 12, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
Been having this weird obsession for scarves lately.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 12, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
Today is sorta my casual Friday since I'm going to work from home tomorrow.

Coral sweater, Joe Fresh. Blue chambray shirt, JCP. Black slacks, Gap. Heels, Zara. Black leopard belt, F21. Ooopss, and messy hair....

Are your black slack from Gap just the slim cropped style?  I love it and they fit perfectly.  I just got back from the mall exchanging my black pant from size 0R to 00R and lucky they had a pair at the store otherwise online cost $5 more and I got mine for 40%.  I want to stock up a few more but we'll see if I can find any this weekend in Fresno since I have to do some shopping to,get supplies for my daughter potluck with her cheer squad.

I didn't have much time to shop at the mall this morning but really did want to look into their jeans because of the size 24s to get an idea if they fit or not vs. ordering petite from their website.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 12, 2013, 02:47:02 PM »
Been having this weird obsession for scarves lately.

I sport my Hmong scarves during my mil funeral so no more for me especially the one from Walmart is only the same and everyone has it. 

yuknowthat

« Reply #3564 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »
merona black polo
old navy dark blue jeans
black nike free v5 running shoes

backfdead

« Reply #3565 on: December 12, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »
Very nice backfdead! You have a very metrosexual sense of style.

I honestly have no fashion... lol. I should thank the past gf for it then!  :D

backfdead, was ur hair spiked up? It looks like it. lol  Nice outfit, btw. :)

I don't usually spike my hair... but it was more relaxed and to the side.

Yo bfd! Did you find any babes while you were up there? lol. Sorry couldn't make it. Next time man.

@Calypso, share some of yours too k.

lol. too young... Yeah, man! Next time dude.

Wow!  I am really impressed with your sense of shoe selections!

Nice Haans!

Again... I would have never new about any of these shoes if it wasn't for past gf... lol.

bckfdead, looking hot!

;D

O wow so fine  ;) ;)

:2funny:

backfdead

« Reply #3566 on: December 12, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
But heading out in a bit to grab drinks with friends. I'll be sporting a scarf and coat... it's way too cold here...

Lacoste shirt
Zara pants
Alden shoes

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:33:15 PM by backfdead »

Like this post: +3

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: December 12, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »
Summer, the ones I'm wearing are the skinny ankle fit. I bought them last spring but Gap always carries them from season to season. I like Gap pants, they've always held up pretty well for me and go on sale often. Glad you found a good fit for you!

I can't get enough of slim black pants. I have like maybe 10+ pairs because I wear them so much. Gap and Loft are definitely my favorite for basic black skinny pants.

I guess if I want to tried their jeans and other pants then I need to order them online in size petite 00 and see how it fit since they never have them in the store unless it's return or exchange.  Their regular length pant are only 2 inches long on me.  I always have my kids with me when shopping so it make it more difficult to spend more time in each store and always rushing.  I know you wear a lot of clothes from Loft a store I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm going to check out the directory store online at Fresno Mall to see what store they got but I'm not really a mall person anymore and hate roaming it like back in my days when I wasn't married yet.  I like to just park, get in, get out and head home.

Missterious

« Reply #3568 on: December 13, 2013, 05:05:18 AM »
I guess if I want to tried their jeans and other pants then I need to order them online in size petite 00 and see how it fit since they never have them in the store unless it's return or exchange.  Their regular length pant are only 2 inches long on me.  I always have my kids with me when shopping so it make it more difficult to spend more time in each store and always rushing.  I know you wear a lot of clothes from Loft a store I'm not familiar with at all.

I'm going to check out the directory store online at Fresno Mall to see what store they got but I'm not really a mall person anymore and hate roaming it like back in my days when I wasn't married yet.  I like to just park, get in, get out and head home.

Shopping with kids is like not shopping at all. Lol It's more like babysitting the kids while they run around the store. Our 21 month old is so naughty now at the store. She used be so good and just sit in the cart or stroller but now she wants to get out of the cart and run around. It's so cute but it also means no real shopping.

I think there is a Loft in Fresno Fashion Fair and there is one at the Riverpark shops also in Fresno. I recently went there but got nothing. I'm tired of shopping now too. Tired of taking off and on my clothes trying stuff on.

Missterious

« Reply #3569 on: December 13, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »
Ok I know these pants make me look fat.  :P They're from F21 a few years back.
Sheer blouse from Kohls and I'm just wearing a basic black tank top underneath.
Slouch boots were from Sears a few years ago but I don't like them no more. They're going to goodwill.
And like Petro I usually recycle. 

Like this post: +3

Advertisements