Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717555 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3615 on: December 18, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »
A lot of fashion guru recommend that women wear jackets that goes past their tush and hips, in an effort to minimize them... I think even Stacy on what not to wear said it too... but I find that on me and especially on petite women, jackets should not hit lower than your hip bones. 

Trench, I love them... but it's probably why I don't wear my collection too often.... couldn't figure out why, but now I know.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3616 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
Sunset,

Love your casual outfit.  And I agree with you, when buying a jacket, the right fit is important.  It's okay to pay a little more for them b/c you can wear them with so many different things... and they last for years... vs t-shirt or pants, etc. 

Like you, I buy less expensive basics... love Arizona and Decree V-Neck shirts from JC Penny... for $2 to $3 a piece. 

I spurge on shoes and jackets b/c to me, these are critical.  Shoes for comfort and half-way decent looking (I know, they are not sexiest shoes, but better than wearing gym shoes and they are just as comfy as gym shoes).  Jackets... well... they do so much for me.

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #3617 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »
sunset, that's a great casual outfit.  O0

Hahahaa...it was 10 pages long!

Anyhow, you ladies are right. I think it was just an eye opener for me because I didn't realize what I post in this little thread was going to perceived the way it was.

Oh, drop it already....... ... stop being full of yourself.

Oh snap, I just got caught. 

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
Hahahaa...it was 10 pages long!

Anyhow, you ladies are right. I think it was just an eye opener for me because I didn't realize what I post in this little thread was going to perceived the way it was.

???   I see. 

It's the internet so it will be viewed.  Don't let other's perception bother you.   We all know there is more to a person than just their looks, the way they dress, or how they carry themselves.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LUA

« Reply #3619 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:41 AM »
You ladies are beautiful!  I enjoy reading your posts....and seeing your outfits.  Do keep it up, and don't let pooh poohs deter you.

Calypso

« Reply #3620 on: December 18, 2013, 02:09:15 PM »
People are stupid, especially PH idiots.  With the protection of a screen name, people felt they can be as mean as possible... with the protection of anonymous, people are even more idiotic!!

Don't let them deter us.  We are having fun and enjoying our time here while they sit behind their screen and pout b/c we are allegedly "shallow."  Thank goodness we were smart enough to reject their pathetic attempts.

The way some ppl react to pictures posted on here is the reason why I don't participate in these fashion threads anymore. :/ That's just me tho. But u ladies and men look terrific and although I don't participate, I still like to check in here for ideas and inspiration, so keep it up. :)

Calypso

« Reply #3621 on: December 18, 2013, 03:06:33 PM »
^ @ calypso, you can always use the hide feature aka [.hide] picture goes in here [./hide] - minus the periods  :2funny:

It's not hard to bypass that feature. ;D

sunsets

« Reply #3622 on: December 18, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
Oh yo, and I thought it was safe to participate again. Hmmph.

yuknowthat

« Reply #3623 on: December 18, 2013, 03:53:37 PM »
keep it up ladies and gents ..looking good

chilly today and gloomy in downtown..
white cotton v-necks from hanes
navy blue solid waffle henley thermal by sonoma
tan khakis flat front by dockers
brown leather belt by dockers
brown boat shoes by oak street

somehow I like more of navy blue and brown or tan for the fall/winter. It feels warm wearing those colors

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:44:55 AM by yuknowthat »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3624 on: December 18, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
Yes, take yknowthat's quote... and just say thank you to them for reading our thread.  lol.

PRINCESS.

« Reply #3625 on: December 18, 2013, 11:07:03 PM »
I have been super busy. No time for ph.

There will always be haters but don't mind them. Keep it going everyone! Nice sunsets!

Missterious

« Reply #3626 on: December 18, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »
Wait so what happened in the Anonymous forum? I missed it.

LL I do love those boots.

Sunsets, that outfit looks good! I can't pull off those kinds of form fitting jackets (or form fitting anything for that matter) anymore because my love handles have grown. Yes I need to work out.  :(

LadyLionness

« Reply #3627 on: December 19, 2013, 07:43:33 AM »
Missterious, the form fitting jackets actually create shape and minimize or hide those love handles... just don't button it... and make sure that it's not too long and that there are "princess seaming" in the back and front to create the "nipped in" shape.

sunsets

« Reply #3628 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
Sunset,

Love your casual outfit.  And I agree with you, when buying a jacket, the right fit is important.  It's okay to pay a little more for them b/c you can wear them with so many different things... and they last for years... vs t-shirt or pants, etc. 

Like you, I buy less expensive basics... love Arizona and Decree V-Neck shirts from JC Penny... for $2 to $3 a piece. 

I spurge on shoes and jackets b/c to me, these are critical.  Shoes for comfort and half-way decent looking (I know, they are not sexiest shoes, but better than wearing gym shoes and they are just as comfy as gym shoes).  Jackets... well... they do so much for me.

LL, I was so close to putting back on the rack BUT I just couldn't. I thought if I didn't get it now, I'd never find something like it. LOL. Glad I got it. Best investment ever in terms of clothing.  :D

That plaid button up shirt underneath only cost me $2 bucks. hehe.

sunsets

« Reply #3629 on: December 19, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »
I have been super busy. No time for ph.

There will always be haters but don't mind them. Keep it going everyone! Nice sunsets!

Thanks Gnam. Hurry up and contribute w/us.  :P

Wait so what happened in the Anonymous forum? I missed it.

LL I do love those boots.

Sunsets, that outfit looks good! I can't pull off those kinds of form fitting jackets (or form fitting anything for that matter) anymore because my love handles have grown. Yes I need to work out.  :(

Thank you. We have different body types. I know you can pull off a denim jacket. They have less form fitting one's too. I have a V shaped back and so when looking for a jacket, I usually opt for form fitting to compliment the shape of my body. Anything bigger than that makes me look funny around the waist.  ;D

Advertisements