Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717590 times)

couchpotato

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3630 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »
Thanks for looking admirers. ;)

One of my favorite color combo for fall/winter is navy blue and caramel. I have quite a few caramel color skirts because I love pairing them with boots in the fall. Wearing today.....

Navy blue blouse, Loft. Caramel skirt, Jcrew. Heels, Zara.

How comfortable are the Zara heels pinkiepie?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: December 19, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
I'm a bit annoyed and glad at the same time?  One person asked me, "Why are you dressed so nice?  Do you have an interview today?"  To which I replied, "Mayyybe...?"  LOL.  Another person said, "Look at you, don't you look cute today!"

All I have on are:
- Express trousers
- Pink silk blouse
- Shiny boots

I don't really like it when people comment on my clothes. 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 19, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »
Pinkie,

You don't like this leather jacket of mine?  I also like this one, but I do have to agree that the tahari black one fits much nicer.... so comfortable.

Very nice, LL!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:53:44 AM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #3633 on: December 19, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
Lilly, it's probably how it fits you... and it does sound like a nice outfit.  I think pink in general, for women... just elevate it up a bit and makes it slightly more dressy.  More eye-catching, if you will. 

I am also a bit uncomfortable when people compliment like that too.  I don't mind if the compliment is focused on the clothes, such as nice jacket, or love those shoes, etc.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
Yeah, I can wear pink any day.  Pink and light blue look good on me.   :)

couchpotato

« Reply #3635 on: December 19, 2013, 10:25:27 AM »
anchor, heels are not comfortable.  ;D

But I do love Zara shoes! If you stick to anything around 3.5" and under they are pretty comfortable. I think most of the ones I have are 3.5" to 3.75". I wear them for work but I sit a lot at work...unless I'm running to meetings. The shoes are true to size.

I love Zara for the free shipping!  O0

lol. Some are more comfortable than others. I thought Zara heels might be since you've been wearing them a lot recently.  ;D

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: December 19, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »
;D

lilly, I would be annoyed too.

For me, I'm most annoyed with the "You're soooo cute!" comments. It's not a bad comment but it's always the way it's stated. I have a co-worker who comments on my wardrobe everyday. It's very sweet of her. But the way she says it is always as if she's speaking to a 2 yr old... "Gosh, you're soooooo cute today!". Or it always reference my height or something, "You're so small and cute".  ::)

Yaaahhh!  I hear you.  It gets annoying and irritating at times.  I guess maybe that's why most days I don't care to dress up coz I don't want to have to face the comments.  Haha.  But yeah, it's annoying when people comment on your height and make it sound like you're a child.  I hate that too.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3637 on: December 19, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »
Maybe you ladies look friendly and approachable.. . lol.  I don't.  I look mean. >:D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3638 on: December 19, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »
I have a co-worker who is dressed REALLY nice... lots of accessories, like those magazien pictures or blog pictures... and she always smile so people compliment her all the time... even the men.  I am slightly under the radar... which is good.  I don't think I would be comfortable that accessorized. 

I always feel like people would think that I spend too much time and concern on my look.  I want to look nice and presentable, but not enough to be complimented on.  Does that make any sense?  lol.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 19, 2013, 10:35:29 AM »
Someone asked me if I could put all my outfits posted so far onto a collage so it's in one place. I hope this works or is going to be helpful or is what the person had in mind. 

Again, I'm not a fashion expert or claiming to be one. As seen by my style, I'm pretty simple not trendy. I just love clothes and I'm flattered that what I wear can inspire others into looking into their own wardrobe.

These are in random order.

Gosh...I've posted a lot of photos!  :o ;D

+1

I love all of your outfits, Pinkiepie!  You have such a knack for throwing together outfits and matching your clothes and making sure they compliment your body type.  I also love it that you and I have such similar tastes in clothes/outfits.  That is, when I do dress up.  Otherwise, I'm mostly in jeans and solid colored shirts.   :P

LadyLionness

« Reply #3640 on: December 19, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
I agree with not competing. 

I don't know about other people, but for me, clothing is almost spiritual.  It is definitely emotional.  I dressed how I feel each day.  For instance, there are days when I am tired and not feeling too good.  I don't want to dress in bright colors just in case I am not paying attention and something looks odd together.  On these days, I go with basic colors like black and grey.  I don't have too many brown clothes... just a few.

On days when I am happy and energetic, I wear bright colors and have to edit myself.  lol.

Most importantly, I think clothing should speak to who we are inside and that it should compliment our body shape... and be things that make us happy just looking at them... lol... yeah... definitely spiritual and emotional.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Thanks lilly!

It's important for us to know what works for our bodies and to dress realistically. I say that because I'm sure if we all have that 'perfect' body we'd be wearing something else....hahahh aa... I know I would if I was taller, thinner, etc...  ;D But I'm not so I have to dress for what works for me.

You should share with us some photos. We can all inspire one another. :)

Yes, too bad some of us are limited in our choices.  I'll share someday.   :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3642 on: December 19, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Lol... I would still be wearing leather jackets... but if I was perfect, I would be wearing leather dresses as well... lol.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3643 on: December 19, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Lilly, you can start out by just listing what you are wearing... and as you have time and get more comfortable, share your pix.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3644 on: December 19, 2013, 11:05:58 AM »
12-18-2013   -  Boring outfit.  Love the shirt and blazer together, but didn't care too much for the pants.

1.  Tommy Hilfiger plaid blazer.
2.  Purple Ruffle blouse - forgot the brand.
3.  Liz Claiborne black boot cut corduroy pants. 

Advertisements