Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717768 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3660 on: December 20, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
Another day of Christmas shopping......   :D

JCrew tee, Gap jeggings, Ana suede boots, Macy's earrings/bracelets

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: December 21, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
@LL -

Actually, I was in the back where the fitting rooms were and no one was around, so I took a quick pick.  Hehehe.   ;D

I don't think it matters whether the boots or shoes are flats, I think it's the style of the footwear because I have some cute pointy flats that I will wear in warmer weather that can make an outfit still look sexy.   ;)

@PP and SB -

Thanks, ladies.  It also helps that I'm of average height so it's easier for me to wear and find nice knee high boots.  I'm sure I would run into the same problems that you ladies have if I were petite.

I never knew Macy's carry size 5 in their store.  I was able to score 2 boots today a Vince camuto and style and co one.  I spend about $200.  They would be good enough to last me for a while because I can't have shoes sitting around if I hardly wear them.  I came home and the style and co one was $20 cheaper on their website so I decide to order the tan and brown one and will return the brown one I got from the store later.  Free shipping too.  Too many people and I really want to check out Nine West or Anne Klein boots but I told myself to only limited myself to 2 pairs.  I came home and my husband was like I'm never going to wear them and my daughter was like she's wearing the style and co tomorrow and I told her she can't.

Missterious

« Reply #3662 on: December 22, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »

I never knew Macy's carry size 5 in their store.  I was able to score 2 boots today a Vince camuto and style and co one.  I spend about $200.  They would be good enough to last me for a while because I can't have shoes sitting around if I hardly wear them.  I came home and the style and co one was $20 cheaper on their website so I decide to order the tan and brown one and will return the brown one I got from the store later.  Free shipping too.  Too many people and I really want to check out Nine West or Anne Klein boots but I told myself to only limited myself to 2 pairs.  I came home and my husband was like I'm never going to wear them and my daughter was like she's wearing the style and co tomorrow and I told her she can't.

Macys is the go to store for me because they have size 5 shoes and have an abundance of size short pants/jeans. And they have really good sales. Especially online.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: December 22, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
workout outfit of the morning....

ON tanks, Mossimo leggings, Skechers tennies

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: December 22, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »

That's great, SB!  Yes, Macy's does carry some small sizes in their stores.  I know that I've seen some at the one that I normally go to.  You should check out the NW ones.  They have both classic and stylish boots.  Most of the boots that I have are NW.  That's cute that your daughter liked the Style&Co boot as well.  They do have some decent styles but they're not always leather.  I prefer leather only because it holds up a lot longer. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: December 22, 2013, 02:31:27 PM »

Macys is the go to store for me because they have size 5 shoes and have an abundance of size short pants/jeans. And they have really good sales. Especially online.

I don't shop Macy's at all.  Not a mall person anymore.  Beside the mall mean driving 40 min. To  get there so unless I really do have to go then I do.  I saw they have a petite section on the same floor but I was busy checking out shoes.  I have to check out store more often to get an idea of their clothes they carry and especially size so if I need to order online I will not find myself making returns. 

I don't know why I came home and then check online that the boots was $150 on sale but $100 at the store while the other one was at the store for $90 but $60 online.  I decide to order them by midnight and will return the other one later when I have time. 

I could only wear size 5 if they are flat and comfortable and better if narrow otherwise I'm a 4.  I told myself I really need at least 2 pairs of boots so had to get them.

That's great, SB!  Yes, Macy's does carry some small sizes in their stores.  I know that I've seen some at the one that I normally go to.  You should check out the NW ones.  They have both classic and stylish boots.  Most of the boots that I have are NW.  That's cute that your daughter liked the Style&Co boot as well.  They do have some decent styles but they're not always leather.  I prefer leather only because it holds up a lot longer. 

I was willing to spend more for boots because I like them leather so they hold up better.  I have one pair that I got a long time ago and it will hold up even if I don't take care of it or put it nicely away.  I didn't like too many of the boots there because of buckle and strap so I'm going to look online for classic plain one and keep myself on their email list when they have it available.  I see a lot of nw that I like but I also have to pay attention to the shaft and cir measurement. 

I do feel better knowing macys give me idea on boots but just hate that the mall are always 40 minute away the most so no time for looking around when weekend is the only time I'm more home. 

Missterious

« Reply #3666 on: December 23, 2013, 07:33:25 AM »
SummerBerry, Macys usually have lower prices online during sales. I bought a style & co ankle boot a couple months ago for $65 in the store and when I came home and went online it was only $45 or something. The salesman told me that they carry size 5 even if they don't display it just ask to see if they have any in the back because they usually do carry size 5.

I've ordered a few cute Nine West pumps before in size 5 and they were always too big on me.
 :( They always slipped off my foot so I never got to wear them out. I guess I should try size 4 or 4.5 but I've never tried that size before. Any other shoes that have straps on I can usually wear a 5.5.

I think Macy's petite department is more like "pog laus." I haven't explored that area for a long time now because when I did the clothes were not my taste. I don't know maybe now they have some better tasteful clothes for petite?

biggieT

« Reply #3667 on: December 23, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
Pinkie and Trouble, can you come put together some outfits for me? Thanks!

Like this post: +2

LadyLionness

« Reply #3668 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
Quote from: pinkie
Macy's has a terrible petite section...very pog laus-ish. Nothing has changed so you're not missing out on anything. HahaaaI love the Loft, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor for petites. Yes...it can be a little pricey, but really...they have sales all the time. It's worth looking. My sisters and girl friends say they aren't ready to shop at "those types of stores" yet (Loft, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, etc...). They think the clothing is a little too conservative. Well, I disagree with that. We are all women in our 30s now, I think at some point it's time to stop wearing clothes from Forever 21.   

To be honest, I don't know why people shop Forever 21 and H&M.  The clothes are terribly made and the fits are awful.  Like Cali said, their large and extra-large barely fit us.  I am not even sure what SIZE people they are making clothes for. 

Yes, the prices there are much less... but I would rather buy ONE or TWO really nice piece from Ann Taylor than 10 pieces from Forever 21 that makes me look all mis-shaped etc.

The other thing I noticed about Hmong women small enough to wear from the Junior's section (and Junior stores like Forever 21 and H&M) is that the clothes fit well, but but from behind, they look like little kids... and not the women they are.  When they turn around, you can see that they are matured women, but from behind, they look like little kids.  I have had a few married women's husband complained about that.

For me, I prefer to look like a woman... and not a child.  I do buy a few things from the Junior section, but only if I can combine with my higher end stuff and make it look classic and timeless.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: December 23, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
I was willing to spend more for boots because I like them leather so they hold up better.  I have one pair that I got a long time ago and it will hold up even if I don't take care of it or put it nicely away.  I didn't like too many of the boots there because of buckle and strap so I'm going to look online for classic plain one and keep myself on their email list when they have it available.  I see a lot of nw that I like but I also have to pay attention to the shaft and cir measurement. 

I do feel better knowing macys give me idea on boots but just hate that the mall are always 40 minute away the most so no time for looking around when weekend is the only time I'm more home. 

I'm the same way.  I don't mind spending a little more if the product is of good quality, it's a classical/timeless piece, and it will endure over a long period of time.     ;)

That's too bad that you don't have a mall closer to your home.

Pinkie and Trouble, can you come put together some outfits for me? Thanks!

bT, what's your personal style like?  From what I've observed,  you seem more like a casual and comfy type of guy.   :)

trouble, you look great in your workout gear. Geesh, I'd wear my workout clothes all the time if I look half as good. LOL  ;D

Thanks, PP.   I think I'm ok, I could be better though.   ;D

sunsets

« Reply #3670 on: December 23, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »
I have bought tops/blouses from F21 and H&M. And I'm not trying to look like a child either. LOL. Sometimes it's a hit or miss. What I have come to like about H&M as of late is their over sized sweaters. Love 'em. I am not too picky about where I buy clothes. I'm all about comfort.  ;D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3671 on: December 23, 2013, 01:33:56 PM »
Lol... not saying that they TRY to look like a child... they just end up looking that way. 

I think if you buy random pieces to work with your wardrobe, it might not be so bad... but if you wear full-on junior section clothes... you will end up looking like a little girl.

I do have pieces from the junior section too, but I always mix it with other clothes....

Besides, you are skinny, SS... so those clothes might fit you better...

LadyLionness

« Reply #3672 on: December 23, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
I am all about comfort too, but they also have to fit my oddly shaped body...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

sunsets

« Reply #3673 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:32 PM »
It is true, you have to pick and choose carefully when shopping in the junior's section or you will look like them. :P

I can say that 90% of my clothing comes from junior's and with a little tailoring here and there, I've been able to wear them very well w/out looking like a "teenager". I like to recycle my clothing, wear it with different pieces and etc. Again, I love being a woman! LOL!

Oh, my jean jacket, the one that fit me very well is from H&M and the fabric isn't bad at all. I can't complain, it fits me like a glove.  :-*

I love how some of their shirt dresses are tailored perfectly!!!! Nipped in the waist, just how I like 'em. ;-)

Missterious

« Reply #3674 on: December 23, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
Nice new avatar Pinkie!

Advertisements