Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717555 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3735 on: January 14, 2014, 04:46:48 PM »
Hmm... grey and pink.  I haven't worn that combo in forever.  Love seeing all the pix coming in again. 

I will be sharing soon too. 

One thing I noticed is that I don't like bare legs on me.  I think it's b/c I have gigantic legs... but anyway... I am finding that if I am wearing skirts or dresses, I prefer sheer black stockings... opaque tights work sometimes, but they are too dark for me. 

Anyway, I didn't like the outfit I had on Monday - January 13, 2014 and at the end of the day is when I realized that I needed black stockings.  They are so expensive nowadays... so no idea what I am going to do.

1.  Liz Clairborne black and white pencil skirt
2.  Simply Vera black ruffle blouse
3.  Tahari black leather blazer
4.  Red Born Mary Jane shoes

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:50:18 PM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3736 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
1.  Limited Cassidy pants.
2.  Max Azria v-neck empire black blouse
3.  Ninewest pinstripe ruffle blazer.
4.  Born red mary jane shoes.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:47:20 AM by LadyLionness »

pinkiepie

« Reply #3737 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »
 :hello:

Happy Wednesday!  :)

Like this post: +3

pinkiepie

« Reply #3738 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:48 AM »
Hmm... grey and pink.  I haven't worn that combo in forever.  Love seeing all the pix coming in again. 

I will be sharing soon too. 

One thing I noticed is that I don't like bare legs on me.  I think it's b/c I have gigantic legs... but anyway... I am finding that if I am wearing skirts or dresses, I prefer sheer black stockings... opaque tights work sometimes, but they are too dark for me. 

Anyway, I didn't like the outfit I had on Monday - January 13, 2014 and at the end of the day is when I realized that I needed black stockings.  They are so expensive nowadays... so no idea what I am going to do.

Pink/gray is a favorite combo of mine. So soft and feminine together.

LL, I didn't use to like bare legs either. But lately, I've been finding myself wearing bare legs more than tights (and I live in a super cold state!)  :D I think it really depends on the outfit. Some of my skirts look better with dark tights, especially in this colder weather. But can't wait til spring/summer....cause I live in skirts and shorts.  :)

BTW, I love that blazer you posted. The tie at the waist gives it thin waitline. Look good on you Lady.  O0

Like this post: +1

LadyLionness

« Reply #3739 on: January 15, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
Pinkie,

I like grey as a neutral for some of the brighter and softer colors.  Sometimes black can be too harsh and I am not at a size where whites are only flattering in small dosages.

Good to see you back, Pinkie.  I missed you.  I also miss RL and Moscato's photos too.  Keep sharing, Ladies.  This thread is entirely for us and us alone.  The men are welcome to join as long as they are respectful like the gentlemen who have contributed to this thread.  The rest... better watch out b/c the Lionness have been released.

pinkiepie

« Reply #3740 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »
Pinkie,

I like grey as a neutral for some of the brighter and softer colors.  Sometimes black can be too harsh and I am not at a size where whites are only flattering in small dosages.

Good to see you back, Pinkie.  I missed you.  I also miss RL and Moscato's photos too.  Keep sharing, Ladies.  This thread is entirely for us and us alone.  The men are welcome to join as long as they are respectful like the gentlemen who have contributed to this thread.  The rest... better watch out b/c the Lionness have been released.

LL, it's good to be back. I miss sharing my daily OOTD. It was starting to feel weird when I didn't snap a photo in the morning. ;D

But someone reminded me that I should never stop doing what I enjoy. And that someone is right.  :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3741 on: January 15, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
Absolutely.  This is my favorite thread and one that I read over and over again.  Love all the photos and discussions.  Fashion is fun and it should remain that way.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »
Nice outfits, ladies.    O0

I totally agree with you, LL, about it being fun.  It also lets us express ourselves and our individualism.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

pinkiepie

« Reply #3743 on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
Good morning.  :)

Happy Thursday.

Like this post: +2

couchpotato

« Reply #3744 on: January 16, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »
Gray and blush pink today.  :)

Nice to see you posting again pinkiepie. I love this outfit. :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3745 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »
If it wasn't for the tips I learned in this thread, I would have never had enough courage to try skinny jeans. 

And if Trouble and Trouble haven't made wearing suits look so fun, I would absolutely hate my dress code now as I have learned to love and lived in skinny jeans.

I enjoy seeing all the different personalities expressed on here.  Some have perfect physiques and some (especially me) don't, but that is the beauty of fashion... it helps us to embrace what we have and don't have. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3746 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »
January 15, 2014

It was a hard and dismal night for me, so I wanted to wear something that would cheer me up.  It wasn't very work appropriate but I didn't have any meetings so I went with it.

1.  Hmong Trench jacket made from a vintage skirt - Orange was the primary color with splashes of royal blue cloth throughout.
2.  Liz Claiborne straight leg royal blue jeans
3.  BORN blue heel sandals.
4.  BCBG black blouse.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3747 on: January 16, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »
I really enjoy today's outfit.  Might try to snap a pic just b/c I like it so much.

Pinkie, you are right.  Some outfit DO look better in bare legs, this is one of them.  I actually wore knee-hi boots to work, but saw that it gave the outfit a very heavy and unbalanced look so I changed into the gold sandals I left at work.  It looks professional and fresh (at least to my eyes).

1.  Tahari grey leather blazer
2.  Joe Boxer black tank (b/c button downs always gap at the bustline area).
3.  Chico grey with black stripe button down silk blouse.
4.  Ninewest pinstripe skirt (that went with the plenum suit jacket I posted a few days ago with the lace dress).
5.  Scratch Born knee-hi boots... Ninewest gold heel sandals.

pinkiepie

« Reply #3748 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »
Thanks anchor!  :)

LL, I need visuals.  :D

I don't mind bare legs in the winter. With the right skirt and look, it can work. Ladies, just make sure to exfoliate well and lather your legs with lotion. Hahhaaaa... nothing is worse than crusty, weathered legs in the winter time.  ;D

LadyLionness

« Reply #3749 on: January 16, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »
I keep a little bottle of exotic oil in my desk... and when I happen to go bare legs... I slather some on.  It's a mixture of olive oil, soybean oil, and unfortunately, some of my precious argan oil b/c it's actually for my hair... but in a pinch, it works great.

I really like this outfit, so I might DO a shot later on... and upload it tonight.

Advertisements