Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717699 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3765 on: January 22, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Pinkie,

I see that you do animal prints really well.  I have seen one of my co-worker wear it to work, but so many “professional career wear” sites say that animal print (along with lace) is too much for work.  What do you think?  Do you think that since your workplace is more trendy, it’s easier to wear these pieces?

Trouble,
I see that you wore red and green together.  Although this isn’t a color combo I particularly like, I often find myself “wanting” to put them together b/c of the shape and styles of the pieces I have on hand.  To me, this color combo is reminisce of Christmas… so I have always avoided it.  Same with orange and black… it reminds me of Halloween.  Could also be why I don’t care to wear red and pink together or red with white.  What do you ladies think?  When you see it, does it remind you of the holidays or do you just see the beauty of the pieces and colors together?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

moscato

« Reply #3766 on: January 22, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
LL, I think the same thing. Lol I'm not that bold to pull off those color combos. When I think of wearing orange it reminds me of a pumpkin. I'm very curvy/busty so I won't wear it unless it fits my body well.

pinkiepie

« Reply #3767 on: January 22, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »
Pinkie,

I love the printed pants look, but b/c my legs are so very huge, I have to try them on and really look at it from a disconnected point of view as if I am looking at it on someone else.  It’s not often that I can find one that goes with my taste as well as my shape.  I was quite happy to find these in the junior’s section.  It’s slightly too big, but I really like it b/c it is also tuxedo style. 
This jacket is the same as the black one that you said you liked. 

I love love love bold and bright colors.  I have to be really careful what I wear them with and to where b/c they are so very bold.  Red makes me happy…lols.

LL, the printed pants worked with this outfit. I like the solid on top and the way you wore your jacket. Gives it that edgy look.

Maybe I'll wait til spring and pick up a pair of printed pants.

Pinkie,

I see that you do animal prints really well.  I have seen one of my co-worker wear it to work, but so many “professional career wear” sites say that animal print (along with lace) is too much for work.  What do you think?  Do you think that since your workplace is more trendy, it’s easier to wear these pieces?

I know what you mean about animal prints being too much for the work environment. I recently just started feeling comfortable wearing prints like these.  ;D I think one can get away with it if it's tastefully done. For example the top I'm wearing today, it's not like I'm wearing it with a mini skirt. My skirt is still appropriate length and the top covers quite a bit so it's not trashy looking.  ;D

Plus, my work place is on the trendy side and not so much conservative so I feel ok wearing prints.

Like this post: -1

Json

« Reply #3768 on: January 22, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »

Plain and simple.   :)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:08:33 PM by Json »

Like this post: +4

KimchISA

« Reply #3769 on: January 22, 2014, 01:10:52 PM »
Today is COLD! 15 degress.. wearing thermals, over dress pants, dress socks x2, Leather ankle boots. white thermal shirt, Blue french cuffed dress shirt. Red tie, Tan Shawl sweater, Pea-coat, short Beenie.  :D Burr COLD.

Like this post: +1

Json

« Reply #3770 on: January 22, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »
an awesome contribution json... O0
Thank ya kindly sir.   More to come.  O0

sunsets

« Reply #3771 on: January 22, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »
Yay! More contributor's! Looking great everybody!  :)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »
Trouble,
I see that you wore red and green together.  Although this isn’t a color combo I particularly like, I often find myself “wanting” to put them together b/c of the shape and styles of the pieces I have on hand.  To me, this color combo is reminisce of Christmas… so I have always avoided it.  Same with orange and black… it reminds me of Halloween.  Could also be why I don’t care to wear red and pink together or red with white.  What do you ladies think?  When you see it, does it remind you of the holidays or do you just see the beauty of the pieces and colors together?

LL, that picture was taken at work this Christmas where we had to wear holiday themed colors; however, I think you can wear any color combo anytime throughout the year -- especially paired with the right accessories O0  I'd say, take that color challenge and just try it  :)  I'm sure you'll look fabulous  ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:41:43 PM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

pinkiepie

« Reply #3773 on: January 23, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
Some days are just boring....like today...feelin g kinda blahhh.

Like this post: +4

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 25, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
LL and PP, looking nice there.   ;)

Json and KimchISA, thanks for contributing.   O0

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 26, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
Outfits to a friend's bday......it was a wig theme.   :D

left:  Limited top, Express skirt, MK pumps,  Macy's necklace/earrings/bracelets/rings
right:  Express strapless dress, Rock&Republic pumps, Express earrings/necklace & gifted bracelet

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:19:33 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: +3

hnubqub

« Reply #3776 on: January 27, 2014, 12:41:52 AM »
John Berger said,

Men dream of women.  Women dream of themselves being dreamt of.
Men look at women.  Women watch themselves being looked at.

pinkiepie

« Reply #3777 on: January 27, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »
Happy Monday!

Like this post: +3

pinkiepie

« Reply #3778 on: January 27, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
trouble, you two look fab! What a fun party! Love TLBD!  O0

Like this post: -1

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 27, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »
trouble, you two look fab! What a fun party! Love TLBD!  O0

Thanks, PP.  It was fun and nice to do something different.   ;D

Advertisements