Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717811 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3780 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »
The vendor of my project is here this week, so I will be in full suits all week long. 

1.  Ninewest pinstriple skirt suit.
2.  BCBG black empire waist blouse.
3.  Red Born shoes.

Any ideas on how to make this suit more interesting?  I feel so blah and old in it...lol.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: January 27, 2014, 08:08:37 PM »
Any ideas on how to make this suit more interesting?  I feel so blah and old in it...lol.

LL, I would suggest substituting the tie belt with a colored belt to give it some color and fun.  Depending on the color of the belt, accessorize your jewelry accordingly to it.  Hope that helps.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

PRINCESS.

« Reply #3782 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:25 PM »
Outfits to a friend's bday......it was a wig theme.   :D

left:  Limited top, Express skirt, MK pumps,  Macy's necklace/earrings/bracelets/rings
right:  Express strapless dress, Rock&Republic pumps, Express earrings/necklace & gifted bracelet

Haib kawg haib kawg.

Like this post: +1

LadyLionness

« Reply #3783 on: January 27, 2014, 11:19:19 PM »
Thank you, Trouble.  That is a good idea. 

pinkiepie

« Reply #3784 on: January 28, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »

LL, I like this suit look. I would skip neck accessories and just add maybe some bracelets and a nice watch. And like trouble said, maybe try with a color belt. Otherwise, just keep as is and add accessories - but keep it minimal.  :)

pinkiepie

« Reply #3785 on: January 28, 2014, 09:38:54 AM »
Happy Tuesday!  :)

My outfits are getting very boring I know. It's been so cold so I've been wearing the basic black slacks for work. Not the same pants though...hahah haaa. All my pants just have the same cut.  ;D

Like this post: +2

KimchISA

« Reply #3786 on: January 28, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »
^ i've noticed you don't change your outfit that much? no dress, no dress pants, no blazers, vests, blouse?

LadyLionness

« Reply #3787 on: January 28, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
On the suit above, I think I am going to shorten it a little so it hits right above the knees like the model.  For now, it hits me right below the knees.

I did keep it very minimal, but it bored me to death... lol.  I hated looking at my reflection.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3788 on: January 28, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
Trying hard not to wear a leather jacket this week.

1.  Black Laundry sheath dress.
2.  Simply Vera lime green waterfall front cardigan
3.  Tahari lime green suit jacket
4.  Opaque black tights (TJMAXX)
5.  Born black oxford.
6.  Tahitian black pearl earrings.
7.  Tahitian black pearl necklace.
8.  Mystic Topaz cushion cut ring.
9.  Emerald set wedding band.
10. Diamond bracelets.

My outfit is similar to this one, except my stockings are not sheer and the hem of my skirt angles down so one side is longer, hits right at the knee while this other side is about this short.

This is the Simply Vera Sweater I am wearing.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:14:30 AM by LadyLionness »

pinkiepie

« Reply #3789 on: January 28, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
^ i've noticed you don't change your outfit that much? no dress, no dress pants, no blazers, vests, blouse?

;D

Like I said, it's cold here so I've been un-inspired and un-motivated to change up my basic black slacks. But if you scroll back a few pages, I posted some skirt outfits.  :)

pinkiepie

« Reply #3790 on: January 28, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
Trying hard not to wear a leather jacket this week.

;D

Ok that made me laugh LL.  ;D

But I love that Simply Vera sweater thing!!! O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #3791 on: January 28, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
Pinkie, you have no idea how longingly I look at my leather jackets every morning, knowing that I can't wear them this week... :P

Kimchi, once a woman has found her style, it doesn't change much... the change is in the details... such as colors, play of textures, accessories, etc.  Once you know what works for your body, you tend to stick with it.  Makes getting dressed in the morning much easier.  You know everything work well together so you don't have to stress about it.

Pinkie, I find inspiration from your outfits... and most of my base are now black... and ALL my slacks at the moment are black.  I have one grey ones in the closet, I need to shorten and I red pair that I have not had the courage to wear yet.

The change is in my jackets and shoes...

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: January 28, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »
Thank you, Trouble.  That is a good idea. 

You can also mix and match with other suit separates.  I do that with mine all the time.  Just because it comes together doesn't necessarily mean you have to always wear them together.    ;)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #3793 on: January 28, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »
I do wear them separately... but I am wearing suits this week... and didn't want to think too much on Monday morning.  lol

pinkiepie

« Reply #3794 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
Pinkie, you have no idea how longingly I look at my leather jackets every morning, knowing that I can't wear them this week... :P

Kimchi, once a woman has found her style, it doesn't change much... the change is in the details... such as colors, play of textures, accessories, etc.  Once you know what works for your body, you tend to stick with it.  Makes getting dressed in the morning much easier.  You know everything work well together so you don't have to stress about it.

Pinkie, I find inspiration from your outfits... and most of my base are now black... and ALL my slacks at the moment are black.  I have one grey ones in the closet, I need to shorten and I red pair that I have not had the courage to wear yet.

The change is in my jackets and shoes...

LL, thank you! Like I said, it's been so cold here so my black slacks have been a staple in my wardrobe. I can't wait til it warms up so I can wear some of my more casual and light colored pants.

Do you tailor your pants yourself or take them in? I wish I can sew so I can do something basic like tailoring my own pants. I always tailor my pants if they are a bit too long. It just looks more professional and clean rather than tucking them in or folding them, etc... I take them to a Hmong lady who's been doing my tailoring for years. 

Advertisements