Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717530 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3795 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
Pinkie,

I shorten my own pants.  Basic skills from middle school home economic class... lol.

I wish I can still sew and shorten my own dresses and skirts too, but I need to take those in.  I usually do my own pencil skirts.

look on youtube, they should be able to show you how to easily do pants leg... but they don't cost too much so depend on time... it might be worth getting them done professionally .

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #3796 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:05 AM »
My husband and kids keep telling me that I need to throw away some of my clothes, especially anything that I have not worn in a year.

Well, the problem with that is... I go through different cycles in my life.  There are times when all I want to wear are pants... no matter where I am going.  And the I prefer wearing skirts.  And then just dresses.  This is a dress time period in my life again... so I haven't worn this dress in probably 4 or 5 years... but happily, it still looks nice and professional.  Each piece of clothing in my closet has its own time and purpose... if I haven't worn it, it's not b/c I don't like it... it is just that the time is not right.

1.  Ann Taylor black and tan polka-dot wrap dress.
2.  Teri Jon cream boulce suit jacket
3.  Red Hmong scarf
4.  Red born mary jane shoes
5.  Opal silver cross pendant on a long silver chain
6.  2 diamond bracelets plus my white opal braclet.
7.  white single stone opal ring
8.  Pink opal earrings  - didn't bring my white ones with me.

My outfit is similar to this, but my jacket is slightly shorter, so it looks nicer.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:57:07 PM by LadyLionness »

pinkiepie

« Reply #3797 on: January 29, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
LL, I've tried hemming my own pants but it does not look good.  ;D I rather pay a professional to do it for me. Luckily more and more stores that I like offer petite sizing so I really haven't done much tailoring in a while.

I agree with you that each piece of clothing has its own time and purpose. I am guilty of keeping everything.  ;D I have a massive clothing collection because I can't seem to part with things. And I do find myself wearing them time after time. I'm sure there are sweaters or blouses I haven't worn in months or years - but I know I will wear them again, that's why I hang on to it.  :)

I noticed, no leather for you today either!  :D

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
LL, I've tried hemming my own pants but it does not look good.  ;D I rather pay a professional to do it for me. Luckily more and more stores that I like offer petite sizing so I really haven't done much tailoring in a while.

I agree with you that each piece of clothing has its own time and purpose. I am guilty of keeping everything.  ;D I have a massive clothing collection because I can't seem to part with things. And I do find myself wearing them time after time. I'm sure there are sweaters or blouses I haven't worn in months or years - but I know I will wear them again, that's why I hang on to it.  :)

I noticed, no leather for you today either!  :D

As I get older and can afford to do shopping I no longer hem pants/jeans anymore and finding petite size fit perfectly.  Sometimes they just don't have it in the store so have to order online.  I'm looking to get some more of gap pants and jeans. 

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 29, 2014, 08:30:01 PM »

left:  evan-picone suit, at top, nw pumps, pearl necklace/earrings/bracelets
right:  calvin klein suit, calvin klein top, nw pumps, macy's necklace/earrings

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:52:25 PM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: +2
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #3800 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
Today is the big day.  I have a three hour long meeting with the vendors.  They are from Germany and mostly men.  I don't recall hearing a woman's voice on the conference calls at all.  Anyway, this is my powersuit... lol.

1.  Ellen Tracy double breasted suit jacket - blackish dark grey with very subtle  and fine weave of random grey stripes.
2.  Liz Claiborne Pencil Pants
3.  Chico greyish white with random size and width pinstripe shirt.
4.  Born Oxford shoes
5.  Diamond stud earrings
6.  2 diamond bracelets
7.  Emerald set wedding bands
8.  Ruby right hand ring
9.  Blue and white diamond pendant
10.  Black tank - just in case buttons become undone
11.  Hair style is similar to that of the lady wearing the shirt.

My outfit is similar to this:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:04:19 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +2

sunsets

« Reply #3801 on: January 30, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Trouble and LL, looking great ladies.  :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3802 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
Sunset, I enjoy seeing your style... please do share.  Even if via google images as I have been doing.  It's nice to see all the different styles and color combinations. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 30, 2014, 11:31:35 AM »
Today is the big day.  I have a three hour long meeting with the vendors.  They are from Germany and mostly men.  I don't recall hearing a woman's voice on the conference calls at all.  Anyway, this is my powersuit... lol.

1.  Ellen Tracy double breasted suit jacket - blackish dark grey with very subtle  and fine weave of random grey stripes.
2.  Liz Claiborne Pencil Pants
3.  Chico greyish white with random size and width pinstripe shirt.
4.  Born Oxford shoes
5.  Diamond stud earrings
6.  2 diamond bracelets
7.  Emerald set wedding bands
8.  Ruby right hand ring
9.  Blue and white diamond pendant
10.  Black tank - just in case buttons become undone
11.  Hair style is similar to that of the lady wearing the shirt.

My outfit is similar to this:

I've never heard of Ellen Tracy but back in December when I went to the eye doctor with my husband.. I end up purchasing a new prescription eye glasses made by Ellen Tracy in her petite frame style.  I paid full price for it because I used up my vision benefits for contact lenses earlier.

Now everywhere I go I see her product in clothes, make-up?? (not too sure because I was at Sephora getting Stila make-up last week and just kind of recall I might have seen it around the store) and other stuffs. 

Like this post: 0

pinkiepie

« Reply #3804 on: January 30, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »
LL, good luck on  your big meeting! I'm sure you'll do great!  O0

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 30, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »
@ Sunsets.   Thanks and I second what LL said.   O0

@ LL, how did the meeting go?

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

LadyLionness

« Reply #3806 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
Thank you, Pinkie. 

Trouble, the meeting went well.  I don't know why I get so nervous and intimidated when I am in a room with all the big shots... lol.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 31, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »
Thank you, Pinkie. 

Trouble, the meeting went well.  I don't know why I get so nervous and intimidated when I am in a room with all the big shots... lol.

It should go well because you're so use to speaking in front of a room of people already then getting in front or doing more speaking regardless of what is pretty much nothing and normal........

LadyLionness

« Reply #3808 on: January 31, 2014, 12:45:58 PM »
No, I still get nervous every time.  Even when I don't have to speak and just sit in the room with them.  Peb cov Hmoob still get intimidated easily.  I didn't think I was like that, but I am.

The funny thing is, my husband has been preaching for over 20 years... and everytime he has to preach... his hands get all sweaty right before he has to go up.  Once he is up there he is fine, but the few minutes before, he gets really nervous.  I think it's cute and funny.

Missterious

« Reply #3809 on: February 04, 2014, 06:19:18 PM »
Nice pictures ya. I'll post whenever I slim down my flabs. Till then, keep it coming. I like to see all pictures.  :) O0

Advertisements