Advertisement

Author Topic: Is it something wrong....?  (Read 2596 times)

Smiley

Is it something wrong....?
« on: May 10, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
I don't know why but I just notice over the weekend that if I do a search in google or yahoo and links come up if I click on it they send me to junk mail weblinks.  For example, I search starbucks cause I knew I would do a typo if I entered the url anyway.  The first hit on the list is for the correct site stating the official page for it but then when I clicked on it, it sent me to this page of random stuff that says starbucks.  I search some viet recipes and the same thing happen.  I had to copy and paste the actual url to get to the right link.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

YawgLaus

Re: Is it something wrong....?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Your Computer might effect with the virus thats why direct you to a difference website.

jbutton

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:03:19 AM »
Yeah it's possible that a virus or trajon has install a proxy server on your computer and direct every IP to it so that it can redirect your connection to somewhere else.  It would be a disaster if it redirect to a fake banking site and you enter your banking info.  One more reason to ditch Windows and go with Ubuntu.

Rockstargenes

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
Most likely your browser(Internet Explorer) has been Hijacked usually cause by virus. 

Smiley

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »
What's an easy fix without having to pay tons of money for it?

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
sphyhunter..

it's free...

it'll tell you the location..then you just go manually delete it.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

intel

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »
back up what you find important

and clean re-install

vangst

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 11:20:57 PM »
You can also try Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Just google it...totally free. Install the software, update its definition, and do a full scan in Safe Mode.

I've been using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for many years and haven't had any issues.

Imposter

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
It looks like you've been infected with the google redirect virus. My labtop was infectived recently but haven't got the time to fix it yet. however, i did a search and this came across and not sure if this will help or not...

Google redirect virus is the latest threat on Internet and it mainly affects web browsers. it is designed to manipulate google search results. This virus gets installed through a trojan horse and when you search on Google for something, It hides the google results and shows you advertisements or affiliate links related to that subject. This google redirect virus can also show you false advertisements, popups, redirect you to spam pages and lots more. You need to remove this virus as soon as it is detected. It won't even let you search on Google and it is a clear indication that you need to protect your computer in future by using a Spyware Remover.
.Difficulty: ModerateInstru ctions.Things You'll Need:

•Spyware Doctor which you can download from the link below in resources section.
Step 1
In order to remove Google Redirect Virus, first you need to know what this threat is and how does it harm your computer? The malware lives up to its name and causes redirection of search results. If you search something on Google, this virus will redirect your to another malicious websites and advertisements . It won't let you see genuine results from Google. Apart from this, this virus can also do the following gimmicks :

A) It will show you errors saying that filename.exe is not a valid WIn32 application.
B) If you download and try to install a new program, It may tell you that setup files are corrupted and you need to download a fresh copy. It will keep bugging you again and again.
C) It will infect Internet Explorer, Firefox and then redirect you to malicious websites showing advertisements and pop ups.

Step 2
It is extremely important that you remove Google Redirect virus as soon as possible To remove Google Redirect Virus, you need to follow these steps :

Please click on "Start-->Run". Type "devmgmt.msc" and Click on OK. This will run Device Manager. In Device Manager, click on "View-->Show Hidden Devices".

Step 3
Please expand all the devices by click on the "Plus" sign. Now try to find "TDSSserv.sys" right click Disable. Please make sure that you do not select the Un-Install option otherwise infection will be back once you reboot your computer.

Step4
After disabling the TDSSserv.sys, please download a Spyware Remover and remove Google redirect Virus completely from your system. Please note that you need to remove several registry entries to remove it completely and you never know If you have other threats in your system. Be wise and remove it with a Spyware Remover

NytWolf

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »
What's an easy fix without having to pay tons of money for it?
Use Firefox ... download sandboxie.

Advertisements