Advertisement

Author Topic: Your favorite Android Apps  (Read 2284 times)

Offline i_r_stupid

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Your favorite Android Apps
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »
My favorite browser (I just downloaded it a few days ago)

Dolphin HD
You can assign gestures for websites.  Has support for multiple tabs, really quick page rendering, and you can change the user agent (iphone, android, desktop)
  Gesture mode

Beautiful Widgets
Widgets for your home screens (Yeah the weather here has been sucking lately.)

Barnacle Wifi Tether
A great program to tether wirelessly.  I've used it a few times.  You need to be rooted to work.

GoogleTalk
It's amazing.  Free text messaging, doesnt support mms yet.  Free calling.  You have to be invited to use googletalk, that's the only downfall.  I had 3 invites but not anymore, sorry.

APKtor
It's a program just like Cydia.  You have to add repositories to be able to download a ton of Android apps for free.

If you're looking for more apps, check out http://www.mobilism.org
They got a ton of stuff, even for WM phones, iphone/ipod touch, pre, and android.  You don't need to sign up, but if you want to search you gotta sign up. 

I just learned how to take screenshots today.   O0
http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/07/21/how-to-take-screenshots-of-your-android-based-phone-from-windows/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

jetter

Re: Your favorite Android Apps
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »
nice picks. 

Here are some of my favs:
apkinstaller, beemreader, better keyboard, CoPilot Live, DM Updater, PrinterShare, OfficeSuite, Root Explorer,  SetCPU, TempMonitor, xScope

games:
 Speedx 3D, Farm Frenzy, Nesoid, Snesoid, RoboDefense

N`Chync

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 03:58:14 PM »
Handcents is a good one. Quick texting from anywhere

Offline i_r_stupid

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »
Handcents is a good one. Quick texting from anywhere

I actually use handcent too. It look way better than the default SMS.

I've been playing fishin 2 go lately. Not a bad fishing game. I also like Ranging Thunder.  The 3d graphics looks on par with my old PSP.

N`Chync

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
I actually use handcent too. It look way better than the default SMS.

i found handcents after trying to find something simular to iRealSMS on my iPhone. Android sure has a lot of copycats.

I've been playing fishin 2 go lately. Not a bad fishing game. I also like Ranging Thunder.  The 3d graphics looks on par with my old PSP.

idk know about that.

* Motorola Droid: 550 MHz TI OMAP3430 with PowerVR SGX530 = 7-14 million triangles/sec
    * Nexus One: 1 GHz Qualcomm QSD8×50 with Adreno 200 = 22 million triangles/sec
    * iPhone 3G S: 600 MHz Cortex-A8 with PowerVR SGX535 = 28 million triangles/sec
    * Samsung Galaxy S: 1 GHz S5PC110 with PowerVR SGX540 = 90 million triangles/sec

* DS: 120,000 triangles/second
    * PSP: 33 million triangles/sec
    * PS3: 550 million triangles/sec
    * Xbox 360: 500 million triangles/sec

Chaos Rings is probably the top iPhone game at the moment and it's size is 253 MB and Android is allowing 256 MB of internal memory to be used to install apps games. The HTC Droid Incredible tho has 8 GB of internal memory. the Galaxy S tho is gonna be a beast.

and not everyone roots or jailbreaks their device. we're actually in the small percentage and i do mean small.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:37:59 PM by N`Chync »

Advertisements