Advertisement

Author Topic: modifying or filling out pdf forms  (Read 2878 times)

jbutton

modifying or filling out pdf forms
« on: May 14, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »
I just thought I share with you guys about how to modify PDF files or how to fill out PDF files that do not support form input. 

Inkscape is the tool you need.  http://www.inkscape.org/

I filled job application using Inkscape.  Even filled in text that are side ways.  Beats using a type writer
and even a form PDF. 

If you have an existing pdf and you want to add text or remove content.. Inkscape is the tool for you.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Eyedumgai

Re: modifying or filling out pdf forms
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
I just thought I share with you guys about how to modify PDF files or how to fill out PDF files that do not support form input. 

Inkscape is the tool you need.  http://www.inkscape.org/

I filled job application using Inkscape.  Even filled in text that are side ways.  Beats using a type writer
and even a form PDF. 

If you have an existing pdf and you want to add text or remove content.. Inkscape is the tool for you.
Thanks for the tip and link!

jbutton

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »
No problem. 

Inkscape is one great open source tool.

I use it to produce high quality figures for papers.

It can be used to create high quality graphics for web pages.

The limit is imagination..

jbutton

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:45:35 AM »
Not very user friendly...I tried to insert my signature on one of the document and failed.  WTF.

How did you go about putting a signature on a pdf?

If your signature is just a image (gif, jpeg), then file, import.  Then move the image to the location you want it.
Then resize the image to one that you like.  If you really want your signature to be vector graphics, you can convert it to path. 

jbutton

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »
Copy and paste :D  Hahaha. 

You could do that with gimp.  Gimp can open pdf documents and you can draw on it.  Copy and paste from other application will work.  But but when you save a pdf, it will be a pdf of an image.  Inkscape allows you to save it as a regular pdf where the text remains text. 

SYNner

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
Open your pdf in openoffice draw much easier to work with.

jbutton

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
Open your pdf in openoffice draw much easier to work with.

Inkscape is already easy enough.  It is perhaps easier to use than Illustrator.  I don'tk know if you can copy bitmap image in paint and paste into Illustrator.  I don't have Illustrator so I have no idea what to expect.

OpenOffice can't open PDF in a readable manner.  Only Inkscape can really modify PDF like a a true PDF editor.  It loads the text and treats all other graphics as vector graphics.

Advertisements