Advertisement

Author Topic: TWILIGHT v.s HARRY POTTER  (Read 6599 times)

changy227

TWILIGHT v.s HARRY POTTER
« on: June 07, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »
how many people have read the TWILIGHT series?! and do you think the movies are any good?!
if u like it anyways, just for the hell of it, are u excited for eclipse?!

i'm super excited for ECLIPSE because i've read all of the books! i didn't think twilight was good (actually i thought it sucked) but NEW MOON was good! and ECLIPSE looks really good, (at least from all of the trailers that i've watched!)  :) ;)

do you think that the TWILIGHT series can even compete with HARRY POTTER?! (i've read harry potter too and i absolutely loved it! i just think that they're two really great pieces of work!)

i'd like to hear what others have to say! i've run into some people who are completely on one side or another! i'm just looking to see who likes what?! lol

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

nkaujcualis

Re: TWILIGHT v.s HARRY POTTER
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Hmm...I haven't read any Twilight series.  I've read all of Harry Potter books.  I love the Harry Potter series, it's incredible.  Love the whole magic and nature stuff about it...can't really explain but it's beautiful.

As for Twilight, the movies may not be as great as the books (cause that's usually how it is when people make a movie out from a book), but so far it's "okay."  It's not as exciting to me as Harry Potter. 

drps.of.jptr

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »
The Harry Potter Book Series is awesome.  I think JK Rowling is a much better author by far than Stephanie Meyers.  I think Twilight is an okay series.  I wouldn't recommend it to people though.  I recommend Harry Potter every chance I get!!  I know, at first you think Harry Potter??  But it is such a great story and it lets your imagination run WILD. 

uglykidjohn

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:56 AM »
The Harry Potter Book Series is awesome.  I think JK Rowling is a much better author by far than Stephanie Meyers.  I think Twilight is an okay series.  I wouldn't recommend it to people though.  I recommend Harry Potter every chance I get!!  I know, at first you think Harry Potter??  But it is such a great story and it lets your imagination run WILD. 
I totally agree.

vangkm007

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »
Lol, that's like saying what's better Harlequinn romance novels or A Tale of Two Cities?

changy227

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »
Lol, that's like saying what's better Harlequinn romance novels or A Tale of Two Cities?

i've never seen the two so i wouldn't know what u meant!! lol. mind explaining?! :)

vangkm007

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 03:12:20 PM »
i've never seen the two so i wouldn't know what u meant!! lol. mind explaining?! :)

LOL

go-go

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 05:18:17 PM »
LOL@ the comment above about the Harlequinn novels!!  That's hilarious!

Anyway, what about Twilight vs. Harry Potter  Vs. Chronicles of Narnia??  I'd go with Chronicles of Narnia. 

I can't stand the Twilight series!  Somebody ought to slap Bella.  That'll be the end of that story.

changy227

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
LOL@ the comment above about the Harlequinn novels!!  That's hilarious!

Anyway, what about Twilight vs. Harry Potter  Vs. Chronicles of Narnia??  I'd go with Chronicles of Narnia. 

I can't stand the Twilight series!  Somebody ought to slap Bella.  That'll be the end of that story.

haha! i think thats funny that u said someone should slap bella! i've heard something along those lines from a lot of people! (just saying! lol)

just-KAREN

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
HARRY POTTER is BOMB!
Not really a twilight fan.

Nike

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »
I havent read the harry potter books  but i have read the twilights.... And the book r sooo much better than the movies.  There r part n the movie that just dread

LonelyFatGirl

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »
The Harry Potter series are on another level than Twilight. I have all the books and read them all. I love Harry Potter.

passingby#2

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
Both good in thier own respect...you can't put them in the same category cuz they are so different.

I_am_She

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »
just from the movies alone, I would say Harry Potter over Twilight.

I have not read the Harry Potter books but on my list.

I did read the Twilight ones because I watched the movies and if I like the movie, I most likely would like the book too.

sprite

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »
It just really depends on your mood. The Twilight saga is an easy read and for someone looking for a spin on romance.  But like someone else said, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Perhaps a better comparison is Harry Potter to Artemis Fowl? IDK. And perhaps Twilight to House of Night series?

Advertisements