Advertisement

Author Topic: TO ALL COMPUTER EXPERT ( i need help )  (Read 2527 times)

ben

TO ALL COMPUTER EXPERT ( i need help )
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:33:53 AM »
I have problem with HP computer.

My HP laptop, only 1 years and 1/2.  The screen turns red and I don't know what to do with it.  I upgraded the Video card and adjusted the power and resolution but not the problem.

Another desktop HP pavilion.  Screen freezes when windows start to boot up. 2 gbs or ram, Dual Core processor and 500 gb hd.  i can't run recovery disk or re-install vista.  power supply is 250 wat and very quiet. Cpu works ok.  What's wrong with it?   Any sugestion for me?  

Another Desktop HP Pvaillion.  AMD64, 200 gbs hd and 1gb ram.  The keyboard and mouse not detect so I can't control Cmos...How to make the keyboard to work?  The harddrive works fine with another pc but with this HP Pavillion, on blackscreen and said,   Windows can't start because file is missing or corrupted.  please reinstall <WINDOW ROOT>\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE

What's the problem here?  Can someone help me?

Very appreciate your  help.

Thanks

Ben

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:36:42 AM by ben »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

jbutton

Re: TO ALL COMPUTER EXPERT ( i need help )
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »
My HP laptop, only 1 years and 1/2.  The screen turns red and I don't know what to do with it.  I upgraded the Video card and adjusted the power and resolution but not the problem.

1.  Boot using Ubuntu LiveCD.  If the screen is still red, then it is not the driver or software related.
2.  Try an external monitor.  If the external monitor displays OK then it is the laptop screen.

Another desktop HP pavilion.  Screen freezes when windows start to boot up. 2 gbs or ram, Dual Core processor and 500 gb hd.  i can't run recovery disk or re-install vista.  power supply is 250 wat and very quiet. Cpu works ok.  What's wrong with it?   Any sugestion for me?  

1. Run a Ubuntu live CD and see if it runs fine.  Sometimes the problem is just software.

Another Desktop HP Pvaillion.  AMD64, 200 gbs hd and 1gb ram.  The keyboard and mouse not detect so I can't control Cmos...How to make the keyboard to work?  The harddrive works fine with another pc but with this HP Pavillion, on blackscreen and said,   Windows can't start because file is missing or corrupted.  please reinstall <WINDOW ROOT>\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE

USB keyboard?
Does it support a ps2 keyboard?  Try that.
Your computer needs a clean installation of Windows.

beester

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »
1.  Boot using Ubuntu LiveCD.  If the screen is still red, then it is not the driver or software related.
2.  Try an external monitor.  If the external monitor displays OK then it is the laptop screen.

1. Run a Ubuntu live CD and see if it runs fine.  Sometimes the problem is just software.

USB keyboard?

1. If external monitor is fine, then you may have issues. Look at this. http://blog.screenaid.com/2009/12/25/laptop-lcd-screen-becomes-dark-and-turns-red-maintenance/

2. Why can't you reinstall Vista? Boot from CD or DVD?

3. You can also grab the file from another machine and copy it and see if that works, but if your keyboard doesn't work, then try usb or ps2 like what jbutton says. Most likely Windows is corrupt.

ben

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »

USB keyboard?

Thanks for the informations;

I havn't try the external moitor yet.   Also, i don't have ubunto...i do have Redhat. is Redhat work? 

for the pc that keyboard and mouse not work.  i can't go to bios, i try both ps2 and usb and still not work.  look like there's not power go into motherboard.  i try to install visa and xp pro but won't let me select cd to boot.

for the #3.  computer freeze.  I removed all attached cards and try to reinstall Xp pro and Vista but after collecting files, and it freezs.. didn't go to format stage.

ben

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
1. If external monitor is fine, then you may have issues. Look at this. http://blog.screenaid.com/2009/12/25/laptop-lcd-screen-becomes-dark-and-turns-red-maintenance/

2. Why can't you reinstall Vista? Boot from CD or DVD?

3. You can also grab the file from another machine and copy it and see if that works, but if your keyboard doesn't work, then try usb or ps2 like what jbutton says. Most likely Windows is corrupt.

I replace one of my working harddrive and it about to boot windows then freezs...same for the other pc that keyboard and mouse not function. 

jbutton

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:00:11 PM »
Download ubuntu from http://www.ubuntu.com

Burn it into a CD.  Boot from the CD.

I don't know if RH is a liveCD. If it is, you may use it.  I don't know how well it supports hardware.

six

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »
I have problem with HP computer.

My HP laptop, only 1 years and 1/2.  The screen turns red and I don't know what to do with it.  I upgraded the Video card and adjusted the power and resolution but not the problem.

Another desktop HP pavilion.  Screen freezes when windows start to boot up. 2 gbs or ram, Dual Core processor and 500 gb hd.  i can't run recovery disk or re-install vista.  power supply is 250 wat and very quiet. Cpu works ok.  What's wrong with it?   Any sugestion for me? 

Another Desktop HP Pvaillion.  AMD64, 200 gbs hd and 1gb ram.  The keyboard and mouse not detect so I can't control Cmos...How to make the keyboard to work?  The harddrive works fine with another pc but with this HP Pavillion, on blackscreen and said,   Windows can't start because file is missing or corrupted.  please reinstall <WINDOW ROOT>\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE

What's the problem here?  Can someone help me?

Very appreciate your  help.

Thanks

Ben

Simplest solution: Whatever hardware you changed out of those computers....c hange them back exactly the way you brought them.  Make sure the connectors aren't bent.  Make sure the connectors are firmly seated.  Then you should be able to run the recovery CD/DVDs.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
Ask NytGown...he used to build Eniacs. 

Advertisements