Advertisement

Author Topic: PC or Mac?  (Read 47998 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Re: PC or Mac?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
You don't get the point.

Hospitals and the army are exploring the use of the ipad to help doctors and patients.  You need to think outside of the box or you remain stuck with PCs forever. 

did i mentioned, i know how to use a Mac very well too? i just prefer not to use it.. so really, you are the one who can't think outside the box  :2funny: I'm not afraid to use a Mac if I am forced to... but really, why should i be forced to use a Mac when a PC does more and cost less? :idiot2: :idiot2:

You made it seem as if being stuck with a PC forever is such a bad thing  :idiot2: What a complete noob you are...

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

Melony

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2010, 11:10:50 PM »
If I were to buy a computer based on looks, I would definetly buy a mac. Otherwise, a pc.

joe

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 09:02:32 AM »
So much FAIL in this thread.    ;D

btw.  PC.   O0

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
It's okay to admit that a PC-windows OS is for the more advanced users who actually know what they're doing...OF course, when we don't fully understand something, we  think it's garbage. I'm not a Mac fan but never called it a piece of garbage.  O0 ;D I love it when Mac users tell me Windows sucks cuz it's more prone to viruses.. WEAK!  :2funny: I love it even more when those sales people in the Apple store would try to feed me a load of BS..  :2funny:

i'm not rich like you so i can't afford a MAC that cost 2-3times as much as a PC with the same specs  :2funny:  BTW, I know how to use a Mac too.  O0  I'm bored.

I don't think you do.  And, yes, I can fix a windblows OS; it's what I got paid to do.  And, I know you're bored...bored of getting owned.  And, it's good to afford a nice computer I don't have to fix...you poor worthless trash.

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »
this debate has been beaten to death and this is probably like the 100th times i've debated about this with people since who knows when..  :2funny: And yeah, it's exactly why the majority of users(all levels)+businesses still prefer PC's over MAC's any day of the week. /End of argument.  :2funny:

You don't know jack sh!t.  blah blah blah.  Just b/c you work at Frys, that doesn't make you a computer genius. 

ztommyx

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 11:28:52 AM »
you can't do any more on a pc than you do on a mac  :idiot2:

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »
I don't think you do.  And, yes, I can fix a windblows OS; it's what I got paid to do.  And, I know you're bored...bored of getting owned.  And, it's good to afford a nice computer I don't have to fix...you poor worthless trash.

:2funny: :2funny: I may be poor, but not a noob like you..  :2funny: Still bored... Give me something worth debating about...  Say something that will trigger my mind to think..  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
you can't do any more on a pc than you do on a mac  :idiot2:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

evil-in-deed

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »
:2funny: :2funny: I may be poor, but not a noob like you..  :2funny: Still bored... Give me something worth debating about...  Say something that will trigger my mind to think..  :2funny: :2funny:

whats the total cost of buying all the upgrades, programs, and repairs for a pc that will equate to a stocked mac?...

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
whats the total cost of buying all the upgrades, programs, and repairs for a pc that will equate to a stocked mac?...

what's a stock Mac?  ::) ??? ??? ??? refer to Obscurity's post

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:32:44 PM by Soulless »

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
You don't know jack sh!t.  blah blah blah.  Just b/c you work at Frys, that doesn't make you a computer genius.  

i'm not the one getting offended here, noob.  :2funny: :2funny: sorry, i don't work at Frys. I'm located in Wi. I wish WI would have a Frys electronics store like in CA.. :2funny: funny because i haven't read anything useful from you so far :2funny:  I never claimed to be a computer genius.  :idiot2:  I'm just a user :) Too bad this thread turned into a personal bash thread, but it's cool... i'll bash and call you a noob..

Mac users are like Harley riders always trying to justify why their bikes are so much better than import bikes even though they know they're on the short end of the stick  :2funny:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:40:32 PM by Soulless »

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
kyrie_eleison,

Wanna lend me some $$$ so i can buy me a MAC? :D I'm not rich like you..

ztommyx

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 02:15:06 PM »
^^ very well said.

i still have my MAC back from the college days. 4 years my ass  :idiot2:
it's been 12 years already and i still have it.... it's slow but it still works!

i'm typing this using my MAC at work  O0

VCL

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »
Strictly from a consumer point of view…

I like my mac. I like relationship, quicksilver, and terminal. I like how itunes seems lifeless on windows but magical on a mac. I like geektools, expose & spaces, and growl. I like that (with care) my mac will maintain a relatively good resale value. I like that I don’t have to install daemon tools to run iso files. I like my shiny display when I’m working in LightRoom and I enjoy the ease of iLife. What I’m trying to say is, I like being productive without compromising my creativity. Now, that is not to say I think one is superior to the other. I grew up owning windows, went to school with windows, and for a good chunk of college I used windows and that was enough… until I realize I’ve seen too many BSoD, experienced too many viruses, and my (valuable) time was spent on waiting rather than producing.

I think we can all agree that the majority of consumers who use any computer functionality are strictly limited to the quotidian: surfing online, emailing, chatting, etc… Unless you’re a fraction of the population who spends 70-80% of your time in front of a computer for a living (programming, designing, writing, etc…) it’s difficult to extrapolate any internal differences between the two. So for the most part, I think owning a mac or pc should depend on one’s usage. This thread might as well argue which ice cream flavor is best.

That said, I will admit that Apple has managed to mass-market individuality brilliantly just as Starbucks has managed to produce culture out of fast-food coffee to a more younger, trendier, and fashion conscious generation. You can’t blame a business for being successful and knowing its consumer.
Maybe you're referring to rich college kids with rich parents. Personally, the mac users I know are not rich. We just demand something different from our computing experiences. Someone once told me this, if you want a good car you don’t go to the Ford or GM dealerships, you visit the foreign ones. How is this any different than wanting a good investment in a laptop/computer? As a matter of fact, I’ll say those who own pcs are the more well off since they can afford to keep fixing or buying new machines while mac owners can’t afford to replace ours every so often.

By far the best comment on this thread!  O0

N`Chync

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »

% of OS based users
Windows 91.34%
Mac OS 5%
iOS 1.13%
Linux 0.85%
Android 0.2%

Apple is good at marketing but it's safe to say that that marketing doesn't do much for their computer lineup. Now iPhones, iPods, and iPads are a different story. i work downtown MPLS and as i leave work in the morning i see people of all ages from people in business suits to people at starbucks and u can see how popular the iPhone, iPods, and iPads have become. if any of them have a laptop it's most likely a Windows (very easy to spot if it's a Mac). go to a Apple store or Best Buy and you'll see people play with the iPhone/iPad more than the Macs. iPads are already projected to sell more than Macbooks.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:08:55 PM by N`Chync »

Advertisements