Advertisement

Author Topic: One Thing About You, Everyday!  (Read 527096 times)

boO

Re: One Thing About You, Everyday!
« Reply #1830 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
Couch es,

*sigh* I've just relapse because I came back in to respond to you. My PH anonymous mentor is going to be so disappointed in me. I'm up to the third step in this 12 step program.

Don't worry, it's not like you and I have no means to keep in contact. You think I'd leave you alone that easily? Hahahaha....

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:14:26 PM by boO »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

couchpotato

« Reply #1831 on: March 03, 2013, 08:42:10 PM »
Couch es,

*sigh* I've just relapse because I came back in to respond to you. My PH anonymous mentor is going to be so disappointed in me. I'm up to the third step in this 12 step program.

Don't worry, it's not like you and I have no means to keep in contact. You think I'd leave you alone that easily? Hahahaha....

It's ok boO. what are they going to do, beat you? Once you're at the bottom, the only way to go is back up. And being at the bottom in regards to your PH addiction merely means you get to spend more time in my presence. That's what you call winning while you're losing.  :D ;D

But on a serious note, I shall miss you on here. I'll try not to hold it against you that you're not even giving me an explanation for your departure.

See you on the other side.......

couchpotato

« Reply #1832 on: March 04, 2013, 07:04:12 AM »
I can't believe it is snowing. Spring weather be upon us soon! :(

Mattster

« Reply #1833 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
I can't believe it is snowing. Spring weather be upon us soon! :(

In like a lion, I guess.

I hope the lamb shows up real soon.

aboo

« Reply #1834 on: March 04, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
took the plunge.....cho pped off my hair into a super short cut :D

couchpotato

« Reply #1835 on: March 05, 2013, 06:05:12 AM »
In like a lion, I guess.

I hope the lamb shows up real soon.

Umm. Are you making a biblical reference? Oh, what am I saying? Either way, I am still confused.

If no, I don't get it?

Of yes, are you saying you are ready for what's beyond this life?  ???

couchpotato

« Reply #1836 on: March 05, 2013, 06:06:53 AM »
Saint Paul, why are you always so slow with plowing the streets? :(

Mattster

« Reply #1837 on: March 05, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
Umm. Are you making a biblical reference? Oh, what am I saying? Either way, I am still confused.

If no, I don't get it?

Of yes, are you saying you are ready for what's beyond this life?  ???

Lol. Sorry for being so vague.  I was referring to the old saying for March.  "In like a lion and out like a lamb (metaphor for the weather conditions)". :)

The lion was roaring last night.  ;D

couchpotato

« Reply #1838 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »
Lol. Sorry for being so vague.  I was referring to the old saying for March.  "In like a lion and out like a lamb (metaphor for the weather conditions)". :)

The lion was roaring last night.  ;D

LMAO. Nope, I have never heard of that phrase before. I think that should put you in a certain demographic though. :D ;D

Mattster

« Reply #1839 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »
LMAO. Nope, I have never heard of that phrase before. I think that should put you in a certain demographic though. :D ;D

Lol.  What demographic is that?  Are you saying I'm old?  ;D :D

I think this is a common enough idiom.  Given where you've been the last several years, I can understand why you may not have encountered it. :)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:45 PM »
one thing about me today....it's snowing like crazy and i still have to come in--to do nothing today. blah.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

couchpotato

« Reply #1841 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Lol.  What demographic is that?  Are you saying I'm old?  ;D :D

I think this is a common enough idiom.  Given where you've been the last several years, I can understand why you may not have encountered it. :)

lmao. You said it not me. ;D

I think someone grew up privileged and I am not referring to myself. :P

Mattster

« Reply #1842 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »
lmao. You said it not me. ;D

I think someone grew up privileged and I am not referring to myself. :P

I guess I would be judged as old to some, considering my membership in the 35+ club. O0 ;D

As for privileged, if you consider being blessed with a wonderful, loving family who has always supported me then yes.  Like many Hmong refugees we fled to the US with only our scattered memories, fears of a new world and dreams of a better life. 

I remember as a child begging my mom for a dollar to buy a spider-man kite.  When finally at last I was able to earn it, by doing chores, my excitement and glee turned to horror when the kite abruptly, after a few seconds of play, took a nose dive into the ground and split into two.  My tears were endless...:( (thank God for scotch tape!)

For many years I knew Santa as the goodwill or salvation army guy (who smelled of cigaret smoke and beer).  I don't think I received an actual brand new toy until Christmas as an 11 year old boy.  They were toy ray-guns for my little brother and I.  We had so much fun.  These were such cherished times.

Anyhoo, enough with the unsolicited self biography. hehe  ;D
I'm sure we've all had these similar experiences in some form in the past.   
Its just a little insight into my life.  Don't worry - I won't delete this.. :D

boO

« Reply #1843 on: March 05, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »
What the pho!!!!

Why is that all of a sudden i am receiving all these notifications in my inbox?  Previously,  all notifications were forwarded straight to my junk. What did I do? What did I press? It's annoying me, especially when I am suppose to be gone from this place. Argh!

Couch, did you hack into my account? I'm just thab plaubing with ya.

couchpotato

« Reply #1844 on: March 05, 2013, 04:09:23 PM »
I guess I would be judged as old to some, considering my membership in the 35+ club. O0 ;D

As for privileged, if you consider being blessed with a wonderful, loving family who has always supported me then yes.  Like many Hmong refugees we fled to the US with only our scattered memories, fears of a new world and dreams of a better life. 

I remember as a child begging my mom for a dollar to buy a spider-man kite.  When finally at last I was able to earn it, by doing chores, my excitement and glee turned to horror when the kite abruptly, after a few seconds of play, took a nose dive into the ground and split into two.  My tears were endless...:( (thank God for scotch tape!)

For many years I knew Santa as the goodwill or salvation army guy (who smelled of cigaret smoke and beer).  I don't think I received an actual brand new toy until Christmas as an 11 year old boy.  They were toy ray-guns for my little brother and I.  We had so much fun.  These were such cherished times.

Anyhoo, enough with the unsolicited self biography. hehe  ;D
I'm sure we've all had these similar experiences in some form in the past.   
Its just a little insight into my life.  Don't worry - I won't delete this.. :D

I think you are just trying to make me feel guilty for calling you privileged.

:-[

Just kidding! I am not really embarrassed. lol ;D

Thanks for sharing part of your childhood with us. :)

Advertisements